Will dd-wrt support RT-N13U?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next
CTXSi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
busybuzy wrote:

No version beyond r18024 is available to the V1

I'm not sure thats true anymore. Build 20675 has a version for the v1 and it appears small enough to fit (try at your own risk - I have not personally tried it on a v1, but it works great on the B1)
ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/
Sponsor
kartechnology
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 15:12    Post subject: New here, need help Reply with quote
Got my RT-n13U B1 yesterday, Very Happy
Pls anyone tell me a stable build for downloading torrents, print server and ddns(I want a build with no issues)

Does your router become hot? Crying or Very sad
mine is new and Wi-Fi keeps dropping on stock as well as dd-wrt(wi-fi led turns off and a low volume - high pitched whining noise from router until the wifi led lights up)
I am not able to access the net for more than 15 mins after that it says unidentified network. after manually filling the ip address'es also I'm not able to access the router login page until i reboot
Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
kurochkin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:04    Post subject: Re: New here, need help Reply with quote
kartechnology wrote:
Got my RT-n13U B1 yesterday, Very Happy
mine is new and Wi-Fi keeps dropping on stock as well as dd-wrt(wi-fi led turns off and a low volume - high pitched whining noise from router until the wifi led lights up)
I am not able to access the net for more than 15 mins after that it says unidentified network. after manually filling the ip address'es also I'm not able to access the router login page until i reboot
Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

It's a power circuitry issue - replace the router if you can, as it will probably die soon. The problem gets worse in summer due to higher air temperatures.
m8cca
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 18:09    Post subject: Stuck in recovery mode after downgrade. Reply with quote
My RT-N13U seems to be stuck in recovery mode (power led slow flashing on power up). I tried to use ASUS recovery utility to dd-wrt trx's and official firmware but both would go to 99% and report failure to contact modem. Watching connection status in windows seems to indicate no upload actually occurred.

Also tried tftp also but it will not communicate with modem.

Are there anything else I can try to bring it out of this bricked state or just toss it?

I had 2 of this unit, the other one have problem with LAN port #1 (using it would kill other connection). Are there any serviceable parts in the router that I can swap with the other?

TIA!
kurochkin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 22:33    Post subject: Re: Stuck in recovery mode after downgrade. Reply with quote
m8cca wrote:

Also tried tftp also but it will not communicate with modem.

Are there anything else I can try to bring it out of this bricked state or just toss it?

I had 2 of this unit, the other one have problem with LAN port #1 (using it would kill other connection). Are there any serviceable parts in the router that I can swap with the other

Try the serial console cable and TFTP - you'll see if it actually transfers the firmware. And if that doesn't help - recycle the thing.
The only real "parts" inside are the SoC, RAM and flash, the rest are just SMD passives. I doubt you'd be prepared to repair anything inside Rolling Eyes
m8cca
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. I did some mention of the serial console cable before, but didn't really see what that is about. Can you actually move the firmware in with that?

I was hoping to see if the good switch part can be transplanted to my other unit. (Yes, I can still use it as a switch even though it is stuck in the restore mode.) Sounds like that's not doable.

Thx!
realdreams
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
What's wrong with r21676 and r22118? Neither of them works (bootloop?).
r21286 works

I flashed it via asus recovery tool. After the it finishes the power button goes off like every 10s...
deerpark5433
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 16:04    Post subject: Openwrt support rt-n13u V1 Reply with quote
Just like to share this. In case you would like to try.
I have successfully installed openwrt to rtn-13u v1. download from here http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ramips/

USB storage and swap all works. The catch is with the small 4M flash in v1 we don't even have space for web GUI interface every needs to start as command line until you can mount external USB drive as root. then you have space the rest.
Rajeshs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Friends, any1 know why no new Release for N13u b1 have no DD-WRT support ? Last supported version is r22118/
Lastb0isct
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:17    Post subject: Slowness with RT-N13U Reply with quote
Hi all,

I am getting extremely slow speeds out of my RT-N13U router. Can you advise on standard settings to fix this issue? Are there any new stable builds that might help? Anything at all at this point would be great as I can't seem to get/maintain speeds over 1.5mb/s, locally!!

Help!

Thanks
patel21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:54    Post subject: Really Awful Reply with quote
recently changed ISP, and the new one attached a dish on my roof, from where he inserted a port to my LAN port (Not WAN), the internet works normally,but now the issue is that I can't ping any internet site from putty, just pinging router ip responds.
Thus can't install any source like optware or any such packages. I have attached the configuration snapshots for you guys to look. also the terminal window.
patel21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 19:46    Post subject: A bit of change Reply with quote
I set exactly the settings as you said, and now I get a message:
Code:

root@DD-WRT:~# ping yahoo.com
PING yahoo.com (206.190.36.45): 56 data bytes

which was not seen earlier, so now it detects the ip of the site, but still the packets aren't been sent, and cant download any file through wget.

the ping output when ping router ip is:
Code:

root@DD-WRT:~# ping 192.168.1.2
PING 192.168.1.2 (192.168.1.2): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.2: seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.480 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.2: seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.438 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.2: seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.396 ms
^C
--- 192.168.1.2 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 0.396/0.438/0.480 ms

What can be the issue, if it detects the website ip correctly, then why aren't the packets sent
sirzur
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:23    Post subject: Latest firmware cannot ount USB drive Reply with quote
Have the V1 version of this device but after loading the latest few firmwares a USB drive cannot be mounted. For example, I am currently using r23598 (released Feb 2014). I have enabled all the USB services including automount to /opt.

I have used previous versions of the file system (as downloaded from http://home.karneval.cz/10102207/fs.gz) to try to insert the file system modules. Error messages about unknown symbol when I do "dmesg". So then I used firmware_mod_kit to extract other firmware to use their file systems - and also requested these modules from other members). I have extracted one from DIR815 released in Feb 2014 (which although seem to be a different kernel) do not give me errors when I perform insmod. However a check of lsmod shows that the modules have not been inserted. I have also extracted the file system from the Asus RT-N13U B1 which has the same kernel (3.2.54-svn 23571) but attempting to perform insmod gives me the same error messages about unknown symbol.

I have also tried modprobe to insert modules in the hope that I could see dependencies, but the modprobe command must not be included as the V1 device has only 4 Mb flash.

By the way, I have also ignore the lack of the file system modules after insmod and tried to use the "mount -t ext3 noatime,nodiratime /dev/sda1 /opt", but the mount command does not show the USB drive mounted.

Dmesg command shows the drive as being recognised. There is sda sda1 and sda2.

I am convinced that I cannot mount because the file system modules cannot be inserted. Any advice on what else I can try?
ramitbhalla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
For what it's worth, over the years I've tried various builds of dd-wrt for RT-N13U and today the MOST stable (and reliable/fastest WiFi) build I've found (running for months now) is

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/15/13) std

anything after this, the WiFi (802.11n in Mixed mode) and http server (GUI) start giving trouble after a few days.
rohansftw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://home.karneval.cz
Seems to be down , is there any alternative link that's up ? Rolling Eyes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 58 of 59
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: