E1500 Crash Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
MongooseProXC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 0:33    Post subject: E1500 Crash Problem Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping someone in the forum can be of help. There seems to be an issue with newer builds on the Linksys E1500 that I would like to see corrected.

The problem that is that, on occasion, my router completely crashes. Something causes it to freeze when a wireless client is at the outer edge of the wireless network and the signal is very weak.

What happens is that the router locks up and completely stops working. The wireless network remains visible, but does not work. The wired connections stop, all internet stops, and the router does not respond to pings.

This issue seems to be with all of the Brainslayer mini nv64k builds from 19327 and up. The only build that does not do this is 18946, which is completely solid. I have a secondary E1500 and this happens the same way on it as well. I have tried to test basic configurations on different builds too, but they all do the same.

I know the obvious solution is to stick with the build that works. I don't mind, but I would like to enjoy the benefits of the newer builds. I would be more than happy to submit a trouble ticket, but I do not have specifics on what exactly is occurring and I imagine my description is pretty vague.

If anyone knows any possible solutions or the best way I can go about helping this get resolved, I would be appreciative. I will try to keep running build 21676 in the meantime.

Thank you.
Sponsor
MongooseProXC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will only bump this once. I was kept having the same problems with this build, so I tried build dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-nv64k.bin which is recommended in the router database. It was giving me the same crashing issues. Once the wireless signal is weakened by an exterior wall or two, the router goes kaput! I switched power supplies to no avail. Now, I am back to build 18946 before my family kills me. I do not understand what exactly has changed to be causing this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: