Network help - trying to connect a NAS - NSA310

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
fmac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 21:50    Post subject: Network help - trying to connect a NAS - NSA310 Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

Setup:
Router Model: Linksys WRT54G/GL/GS
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/22/09) mini - build 12548M NEWD Ek

I have a Cisco router handeling the modem connection and I use the Linksys to manage my network. I have had no issues to date with an Apple TV and PC wired to router nad a number of devices conencted via wireless.

My issue is with the NAS drive I have bought, NSA310 ZyXEL.

The Cisco router handles the WAN connection and the Linksys handles the network. See attached photos below showing the different IP addresses of each. has anyone any ideas why the NAS cannot be access via the wed browser or with the tool provided. I can ping the NAS no problem.

Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
With a netmask of 255.255.255.255 the NAS will be in a 1 ip-address subnet so it can only talk with itself and not with any other devices in the 192.168.3 subnet.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks.

I have it set to automatically get ip which I am assuming as its plugged into the Linksys the ip it gives it would be on the same subnet.

When I try to manually configure it and give it an IP and subnet it times out when I press next. I tried to give it an ip on the range of 198.1.3.35 which would not be used.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: