WRT54GL, 3 WDS, WPA2/PSK, one disassociates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Roeland
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 19:25    Post subject: WRT54GL, 3 WDS, WPA2/PSK, one disassociates Reply with quote
all,

first of all, I have been reading thru this forum, and the wiki to find any answers. If I missed one, or maybe _the_ answer... please bear with me.

My setup here is as follows. 3x WRT54GL, same hw revision. I had a paid version on them (just to say thank you, not for the additional things).

My WDS bridge worked pretty fine using WEP which was needed to support an ancient phone here. Now, since the requirement was gone, I decided to use WPA2/PSK and all went well. Reconfig OK, connected correctly etc. Cool. However, I found that the last in chain at times was disassociated with the clients.

E.g.

LAN -- WDS-3 <--> WDS-2 <--> WDS-1

If connected to 3 -- never a failure.
if connected to 2 -- never a failure.
If connected to 1 -- at times all is lost.

I did swap two devices, tried a different power supply as well, have done a hard reset, you name it. No way I could get it to work.

After a lot of reading I may (?) have found the right current version DD-WRT v24-sp2 std (c) 2010 NewMedia-NET GmbH
Release: 08/07/10 (SVN revision: 14896)

I say "may" because at one place, SP2 revision somewhere in the 12k is the sweet version; in other threads, it's being said to never use it etc. Hence, somewhat puzzled.

All three configs are the same except for the obvious things as:

hostname
ip address
WDS mac address table

wds-1 holds MAC address of wds-2 in the wds mac table
wds-2 holds both MAC of wds-1 and wds-3
wds-3 holds MAC address of wds-2

As a last testing resort I swapped 1 and 3, so that the original wds-1 is now the one connected to the LAN.

So:

LAN -- WDS-1 <--> WDS-2 <--> WDS-3

and now, wds-3 association is lost.

Note that the association is lost on all devices which basically rules out client issues. The devices are a mix of linux, windows, android an nokia.

Does someone have an idea what goes wrong here?

Note that the wds that disassociates does not reboot etc, it just gets lost.

Again, please, if I missed something, please point it out. I have been reading quite a few days here and som much information and at some points not in sync..

If I take the system that disassociates out, all keeps working so it's the 3rd added somehow.

I also am in for any better otopn where I can walk across the house without loosing connections.
Roeland
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: