Linksys WRT54GS v1 - What is the best build to use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
blong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 15:45    Post subject: Linksys WRT54GS v1 - What is the best build to use Reply with quote
Hello,

I am very new to DD-WRT. My first impression... wow! what an awesome piece of firmware. The factory firmware does not even come close to providing the functionality that DD-WRT does. Awesome work guys. Thank you for providing this as open source.

This is my configuration.

My main router is a LinkSys WRT54G Ver 6. It is running factory firmware v1.00.9. It connects my network to my internet provider via DSL modem.

My secondary router is a Linksys WRT54GS Ver 1. I followed the instructions on your Wiki http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT54GS_v1.0 and upgraded the firmware to dd-wrt.v24-13064_VINT_mega. The upgrade happened without any difficulties at all. This router is configured as a repeater bridge so I can extend the range of my wireless network.

There are some notes in one of the required reading stickies posted that mention some wireless performance problems with this build...

There is so much information about the different builds that I find it difficult to decide which is the most stable for my router.

What is the best build for this router?

FCC ID:Q87-WRT54GV2

Thanks in advance,
Bill

Last edited by blong on Sun Jan 01, 2012 16:58; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: