TP-Link WR-1043ND

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
schteff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
schteff wrote:
I have now switched to dd-wrt and if my problems persist i'll return the router next week.

Just a friendly update for people in my situation.

I have not had any issues at all with the router since I switched from stock rom to dd-wrt. It fixed the issue where the router became inaccessible and needed a power cycle.

DD-WRT Twisted Evil
Sponsor
supertwister
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
schteff wrote:
schteff wrote:
I have now switched to dd-wrt and if my problems persist i'll return the router next week.

Just a friendly update for people in my situation.

I have not had any issues at all with the router since I switched from stock rom to dd-wrt. It fixed the issue where the router became inaccessible and needed a power cycle.

DD-WRT Twisted Evil

Hey that's great! Are you using the latest build or the one on the database page?
schteff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
supertwister wrote:

Hey that's great! Are you using the latest build or the one on database page?

The latest
Renik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello friends, I just bought new router WR1043ND, upgraded to latest DD-WRT and here are my settings. What do you think, is everything ok in settings?
have 100/10mbps, 1PC via cable, macbook pro via wifi, asus notebook via wifi and iphone

Thank you
riahc3
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jumped to the latest version too.....Looks ok for now Smile
bruce_wein
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I'm running latest build on WR1043ND Firmware v1.8 and my gigabit links are 100MB.

Even if I set 1GB Full Duplex in Device Manager of the network card in win7 while booting i'm getting 1GB and then it switches back to 100MB.

Can anyone help with this ?

I really need my 1GBps LAN
mrhumba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 0:43    Post subject: Voip Reply with quote
Hi All !
Can I kindly ask you one question ? I was searching it but I find no answers yet..

I bought one WR-1043ND and my plans is to install DD-WRT later on it..
What I wanted to know is if I could plug an USB headset on it (like the USB headphones that have a dialing pad) and make the router to connect to a SIP account and use Voip on it..

I mean, instead of buying an ATA adapter I would like to plug an USB headset and make the router acting as the ATA (I mean, the router would then make the calls via Voip)

Thanks a lot for any kind of information !
ptruman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
DD-WRT has a SIP Proxy, but it's not an ATA Smile

If you get a router which can handle JFFS, you can download asterisk and run it on your router, and register a softphone on your PC...
mrhumba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
ptruman wrote:
DD-WRT has a SIP Proxy, but it's not an ATA Smile

If you get a router which can handle JFFS, you can download asterisk and run it on your router, and register a softphone on your PC...

So my idea to plug a usb headphone into the router and make it act like a ATA will not work ?
ptruman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nope
mrhumba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
ptruman wrote:
Nope

Hi Ptruman,
Thanks for the information..

Just as a curiosity, why we cannot have that ? Smile Because if we see we do have a linux system running into the router that could easily read the USB port of the router and expect an USB headphone and then connect to the Voip provider..

My best guess is because we don´t have enough cpu power processing in the router, is my assumption right ? or is because no one developed a program like this before ?

Take care !
ptruman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I suspect "easily" is not as easy as you think Smile

The devs already have to make software that works across multiple manufacturers & hardware versions - I don't think building in ATA & USB audio routing is up on their priority list Smile

Seriously, get yourself a little PC (or NSLU/NAS unit), shove Asterisk on it, and get a softphone - it's what I have - with 5 trunks (lines) coming in/out, all for free Smile
lukguns
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
After face some instability my 1043 (v1.8 build 18777) is running stable with these configuration:

Wireless channel 1
BG-Mixed

I use DHCP or PPTP
orionbg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi All

I have a little (ok BIG) problem with build 18777! I was with the original latest build from the web site (from 2010) and to upgrade to the 18777 I did the following:
1. reverted to the original TP-Link firmware.
2. did the 30/30/30 reset
3. flashed 18777

now my WiFi connection is not working right! All my mobile devices have a stable connection to the router but for some reason actual data transfer is broken! for instance even access to a local LAN share is not working right! I have to refresh multiple times to get to where I want and even then it is not guarantied to work!

On the older build everything worked normally! I tried OpenWrt and the WiFi works too (although there are some thing that I don't like in OpenWrt). With the original TP-Link firmware the Wife works too.
I have writed down all settings from the older DD-Wrt build and used the same every time.

What is wrong with the 18777 build? BTW My router is version 1.7 with the 64MB RAM MOD (the mod is not the problem as it was done long before the upgrade of DD-Wrt to 18777)
riahc3
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
orionbg wrote:
(the mod is not the problem as it was done long before the upgrade of DD-Wrt to 18777)

Im not saying it may be the mod but maybe the 64MB chip has died. Maybe 18777 does something incompatible, etc etc....

The latest build on TLWR1043ND has a data bug: A refresh of the page usually does it. The wireless disconnect bug is SOMEWHAT better as you dont have to restart the router anymore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 135, 136, 137  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 105 of 137
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: