Tp link Archer C7 bad flash.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
StupidMe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 19:27    Post subject: Tp link Archer C7 bad flash. Reply with quote
Hey folks.

Two weeks back i got a Archer C7. It was sold as accespoint by my isp. I flashed the router with the orinal Tp link firmware. Was not impressed so i wanted to flash dd wrt on it. The first mistake i made was flashing the latest eu 160616 firmware which prevents you from flashing other firmware as you may know.

So i found a guide that required flashing lede-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory-eu with Putty. It installed Luci and the WebUI. Everything went ok. I thought that i could flash every firmware thru the Lede WebUI so i did and that was the last time i could connect with my router.

Now on powerup all lights go on but after 10sec only the power and lan lights are on.
I tried to use the recovery method using Tftpd32. I downloaded the rom that was required, renamed it to ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin. Put it in the Tftp root directory. Set my ip to 192.168.1.66. Pointed to the correct path in Tftpd32. Turn on router holding wps button but there is zero connection. No difference in the lights. As my name says i know i screwed up. Is there anything i could do without using the serial connection? Thanks in advance. Smile
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
do in mind that this is DD-WRT forum and its not related with LEDE so to help with messy LEDE you refer to their forum..

well, flashing to DD-WRT from any other 3rd party software
could be a trouble, however since you ve made it to go around the stock firmware limitation you still have some chance....
1.witch file to revert did you use?
2.are you sure your router model is Archer C7 v2
3.to revert to stock from any 3rd party software you need striped stock file.... http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237

so find yours and try TFTP, if this is not working sadly you will need serial connection, make sure you will rename file as it requires use wireshark to sniff LAN and see whats is the outcome...
i believe you have either messy boot or overfull nvram so nvram has to be reset using serial if TFTP is not working...
p.s. to use TFTP make sure you disable firewall Smile and for best results use win 7 or XP with win 10 is funny
there are some videos on youtube how to use tftp recovery method make sure you follow the rules...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ------ 31277(testing)
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --------- 31500M Kong(AP,NAT,AD Blocking,Firewall,DNSCrypt)
Others
TP-Link WR740Nv1.......... Gargoyle OS 1.9.1(QoS,Quotas)
StupidMe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there.

Ok i get it. Thanks for the help anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: