Repeater Bridge Configuration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
TheB1GDude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:47    Post subject: Repeater Bridge Configuration Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have my Asus RT-N16 primary router running build 22118 (k3.x) and my Netgear WNDR3300 running build 16758M and I'm having some trouble setting up the Repeater Bridge functionality.

I originally tried to setup just a Repeater but for one couldn't get that working either and for two it seems like it wasn't what I needed whereas Repeater Bridge is.

I've run through a couple of tutorials and think I have it all configured, if I run no security on the secondary I can connect to it now problem but as soon as I add security I can not connect to it.

I'm trying to setup WPA2 Personal AES just as I have it on my primary, same key on both the primary and secondary and then on the physically and virtual on the secondary but devices just fail to connect.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Follow the wiki for repeater bridge. Don't use anything else. Perhaps either your primary or the computer does not support wpa2-aes. Log in with a cable connected from your computer to the repeater bridge and see if the repeater bridge is connected to the primary. Make sure all are WPA2-Aes ONLY. It should work. If not, try build 15962.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
TheB1GDude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Figure it out... Thank you for the input, I reviewed the wiki steps and realized I had missed registering the MAC addresses of the secondary router with the primary, once that was configured I was able to connect and the repeater bridge is working as expected... Now to install it in the upstairs of my house.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheB1GDude wrote:
I reviewed the wiki steps and realized I had missed registering the MAC addresses of the secondary router with the primary,

Not sure what you mean by this. I have never had to do this with a repeater bridge.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
TheB1GDude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
It was this wiki page sorry:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Bridge

It mentioned a step of adding the MAC address of the secondary router to the primary router if using MAC filtering, I did that, rebooted and instantly could connect to my repeater network.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: