Everything you Ever Wanted to know about XBox connections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Rickasaurus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recently upgraded from a WRT54G running v24sp1 to a WRT160Nv3 and am running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/25/09) mini - build 13309M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko. With the 54G I never had any problems with UPNP and XBox Live. Never did anything special.

Now with the new firmware/router I seem to get open for the first couple of days after a restart but soon it goes back to moderate. I tried adding static leases but it didn't help. Any other ideas besides manual forwarding? I sometimes have friends over with other xboxes and like for them to be able to get on with open NAT too.
Sponsor
hellsatan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Elezar wrote:
I had the same problem that several other people have mentioned, where the media sharing wasn't working. I did some checks with Wireshark on both sides of the bridge, and I could see that the SSDP packets weren't making it across the bridge. Considering I had bought this router specifically to have one that was DD-WRT compatible, so I could use for this purpose, it was very frustrating.

After fighting with it for almost 2 full days, I finally got it working with the craziest solution. I unchecked the "Assign WAN port to switch" option. I have no clue why that helped. Maybe having the extra VLAN in the bridge caused some confusion. I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but it was a completely reproducible solution for me.

You are correct my friend! unchecked that and bam. I can play movies on my xbox now! thank you very very much for this great info!
Phonix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 21:31    Post subject: Xbox straming and all this S**t Reply with quote
It doesn't work for me had it setup like this from the beginning it have a different purpose anyhow but i'm happy it's working for you guys for me stiLl the same
MEDIA CENTER NOT WORKING ONLY CONNECTION TO XBOX LIVE
Zelda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any instructions on how to make Open NAT's on 2 xbox's on the same router? I have tried upnp, and port triggering. doesnt seem to do anything.
Luppers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
Is there any instructions on how to make Open NAT's on 2 xbox's on the same router? I have tried upnp, and port triggering. doesnt seem to do anything.
Someone might have the answer - But I've tried about every configuration imaginable and have been unable to have both xboxes ready open NAT. If I powercycle my router and turn just one of them on, it's open. But after the second has been turned on, both read moderate.

I recall reading something that said something about it being next to impossible to do w/ XBL's settings. As both xboxes will be attempting to access the same ports, hence the nat problems.
Ashtonhz8907
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Luppers wrote:
Zelda wrote:
Someone might have the answer - But I've tried about every configuration imaginable and have been unable to have both xboxes ready open NAT. If I powercycle my router and turn just one of them on, it's open. But after the second has been turned on, both read moderate.

I recall reading something that said something about it being next to impossible to do w/ XBL's settings. As both xboxes will be attempting to access the same ports, hence the nat problems.

Not sure about that I've been running 2 360's for the past year over XBL for me and my wife we join the same party, the same room, even host a room and join it with the other Xbox. As for the sharing issue we were running fine for the first month when we got Windows 7 and one day our PC magically disapeared from our Xboxs I've tried opening all ports and such disabling firewalls even removed anti-virus software, the Xboxes shows up on my PC, my network is private blah blah blah LOL its getting annoying....................
Luppers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ashtonhz8907 wrote:
Not sure about that I've been running 2 360's for the past year over XBL for me and my wife we join the same party, the same room, even host a room and join it with the other Xbox. As for the sharing issue we were running fine for the first month when we got Windows 7 and one day our PC magically disapeared from our Xboxs I've tried opening all ports and such disabling firewalls even removed anti-virus software, the Xboxes shows up on my PC, my network is private blah blah blah LOL its getting annoying....................
Oh, I'm not saying there is any actual problems w/ running multiple Xboxs on one network. But for instance, MW2 shows your NAT when you go to the XBL Multiplayer screen. EVERY time I turn on a second Xbox on the network, I go from open to moderate. That being said I have seen 100% no additional problems when NAT is 'moderate' in MW2 compared to open.

But yeah, Im not saying there is an actual problem, but your Xbox reads your Nat @ moderate when you have multiple boxes that tap XBL.
Luppers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
hellsatan wrote:
Elezar wrote:
I had the same problem that several other people have mentioned, where the media sharing wasn't working. I did some checks with Wireshark on both sides of the bridge, and I could see that the SSDP packets weren't making it across the bridge. Considering I had bought this router specifically to have one that was DD-WRT compatible, so I could use for this purpose, it was very frustrating.

After fighting with it for almost 2 full days, I finally got it working with the craziest solution. I unchecked the "Assign WAN port to switch" option. I have no clue why that helped. Maybe having the extra VLAN in the bridge caused some confusion. I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but it was a completely reproducible solution for me.

You are correct my friend! unchecked that and bam. I can play movies on my xbox now! thank you very very much for this great info!
This worked for me too.

I was having to leave my Xbox on the select media source screen for 5-10mins before I could access my media server on modem side of a bridged network. Unchecked that box and BAM! - 100% perfect. Now I can stream full 1080p to my large livingroom TV instead of my 32in dude room TV.

Thanks a TON!!
Ashtonhz8907
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Luppers wrote:
hellsatan wrote:
Elezar wrote:

This worked for me too.

I was having to leave my Xbox on the select media source screen for 5-10mins before I could access my media server on modem side of a bridged network. Unchecked that box and BAM! - 100% perfect. Now I can stream full 1080p to my large livingroom TV instead of my 32in dude room TV.

Thanks a TON!!

Where is this option?
Zelda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ashtonhz8907 wrote:
Luppers wrote:
Zelda wrote:

Well I have 2xboxes and 2 copies of MWF2. There have been people saying theres a way to get 2 open NAT's on xbox. I have tried one wired, and the other wireless. I dont think comcast will give you a second IP address. That maybe the only way to get it to run two open NAT's
Ashtonhz8907
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
Ashtonhz8907 wrote:
Luppers wrote:
Zelda wrote:

Well I have 2xboxes and 2 copies of MWF2. There have been people saying theres a way to get 2 open NAT's on xbox. I have tried one wired, and the other wireless. I dont think comcast will give you a second IP address. That maybe the only way to get it to run two open NAT's

Just checked with both GTs online and both Xboxs say open wish I knew how to help but all I did is enable UPnP on my dd-wrt linksys wrt54g v.3 router. So don't give up it is possible.
Ashtonhz8907
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.xboxliveaddicts.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=24341

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-32140-i-cant-play-online-with-2-xbox-360-why

Not sure if those will help but from what I see try enabling UPnP and put the other Xbox on DMZ.
GodStang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hopefully someone can help me. I am running a D-Link DIR-825 main router with a Linksys WRT54GS using dd-wrt as the "Repeater" and connectiong my Xbox with cat 6 cable to the Linksys. My two main OS are Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows XP Pro SP 3 both hardwired to the D-Link.

1) My first problem is I have my main router set to 192.168.0.1 with range being 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.68. When I set the repeater to anything 192.168.0.X I can not connect to Xbox Live. As soon as I change it to something like 192.168.69.1 Xbox Live connects right up. How can I get the Repeater to be set to a 192.168.0.X and work. I was told that this might help me connect to share media.

2) Second problem is no matter what my settings are I can not get it to connect to Windows Media Player 11 or to Windows Media Center or to TVersity on either Desktop.
Zelda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
good luck. I dont understand how it just works. its complete garbage. I have tried everything. UPNP, manual ip set, port triggering, dmz and i have reset the modem, router a dozen times.
I am using a wrt54gv4 I have been unable to get this to work period. I have comcast too, if that matters. any more suggestions?
GodStang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
GodStang wrote:
Hopefully someone can help me. I am running a D-Link DIR-825 main router with a Linksys WRT54GS using dd-wrt as the "Repeater" and connectiong my Xbox with cat 6 cable to the Linksys. My two main OS are Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows XP Pro SP 3 both hardwired to the D-Link.

1) My first problem is I have my main router set to 192.168.0.1 with range being 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.68. When I set the repeater to anything 192.168.0.X I can not connect to Xbox Live. As soon as I change it to something like 192.168.69.1 Xbox Live connects right up. How can I get the Repeater to be set to a 192.168.0.X and work. I was told that this might help me connect to share media.

2) Second problem is no matter what my settings are I can not get it to connect to Windows Media Player 11 or to Windows Media Center or to TVersity on either Desktop.

Ok I swtiched everything to a Repeater Bridge http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_bridge from Repeater and now everything works great and still get HD on netflix even with it halved.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: