Linksys E1000 isn't giving ISP max speeds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Messer262
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 20:47    Post subject: Linksys E1000 isn't giving ISP max speeds Reply with quote
Hello guys. I have a E1000 running on DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/03/11) mini. My ISP is providing 30Mbps download and 5Mbps upload. However, when connected via the router, I only get about 25Mbps download and 2.4Mbps upload. If I connect my laptop directly to the ISP modem, I get 35Mbps and 5Mbps (so actually 5Mbps higher than my ISP is suppose to give).

Why the loss in bandwith with the E1000? I don't really care for the download, but the upload makes a big difference going from the 5 to 2.4Mbps. I only realised this because the ISP just recently upgraded the upload from 2.5Mbps to 5Mbps. When it was only 2.5Mbps, I was still getting about 2.3-2.4Mbps via the E1000. I have restarted the modem/router multiple times to try and refresh, but no luck.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=996394#996394
I've read that but it doesn't seem to be the same problem. The upload should not be that small when we only talk about 5Mbps.
Sponsor
Messer262
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Problem solved. I had an old QoS that had my old bandwith upling and downlink speeds.

On a side-note, if I set the uplink and downlink higher than my actual ISP speeds, does it affect the QoS in a negative way? Shouldn't the priority classes just juggle the traffic if a higher priority class demands more bandwith?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: