QoS - Bandwith speed control on specific LAN port - how to?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
Armand1234
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 17:37    Post subject: QoS - Bandwith speed control on specific LAN port - how to? Reply with quote
Ok Sash, I read Guidelines

People expect you to work on your problem too. If it is obvious that you haven't done any work yourself, you might not get much assistance.
I was trying to solve my problem buying special version, but problem is still there. If I know how exactly to make a rid of my problem I would not creating a new topic and asking for help here. And yes, I tried somehow by myself to make this to work, but I dont know how to set up. Im not sure what I am doing. I tryed to add MAC address and soft reboot router, but that didnt work also

Our forum is divided into the different platforms and our corporate partners. Be sure to know the SoC vendor (Atheros, Broadcom, Ralink, etc) of your router. A good resource for this info is our Supported devices list in the wiki or google.
I think that I am on right place, Wrt54GL is a Broadcom based device, and this are "Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates" forums.

Read the announcements and any relevant stickies at the top of the forum. Also, there is a router database and a wiki. Look in these resources first for your issue, especially if it is related to wanting to know HOW to do something.
I read, and didnt find a solution, thats why Im asking for help here. New thing that i learned today from wiki is this "The uplink/downlink setting in DD-WRT are with respect to the port selected above. It's a common error to get confused. When WAN is selected these match the uplink/downlink measured. When you select "LAN & WLAN" these are reversed."
I was doing this too: "Take my advice, save your changes and reboot your router after you have completed your changes."
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Quality_of_Service

Search first. There are over 30,000 threads (threads, not posts) in the Broadcom forum alone. Chances are, an answer you are looking for has already been dealt with.
I searched that forums too, but after all I expected to find solutions here in Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates, as we all know this option works only in payed firmwares.

Releases prior the current stable aren't supported. So upgrade to the latest stable release.
First I upgrade to v24sp1 stable, and then read that this release is very buggy on broadcom devices, so I upgraded to last professional payed one
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/21/09) std-special - build 12533

If you are responding in someone else's thread with a similar problem to assist the OP, your comments are welcome. But if you intervene into someone else's thread before they have resolved their issue, expect that you might get no replies, or run the risk of having your post deleted. In short, don't hijack threads.
Yes, this was mistake, and I am sorry. This is from this topic ( http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39800) Sash sorry, manuelnaranjo sorry.

Im cool with other rules, and i admit that my english sux, sorry. Im trying to write as best as I can and know.

You must understand me, when I pay for something, im expecting that to work, aren't we all expecting that scenario? This product have his own forums with moderators, developers, and creators of this product are also on forum and open for questions. So why cant I ask for help?

Sash wrote:
this feature is working perfectly on sp2 builds.
tested it a few mins ago. so dont blame us for your wrong config.

u should read the guildelines

Come on Sash, you know you are not helping with this speech. Why are u like that? You know that im not blaming you for my situation on way you write it. Im desperate and i hope you will understand me. I was hoping ill select that speed on port4 and VOILAAAA!!...but...

Can you help me to configure this device? Can u tell me whats wrong with my setup?

WRT54GL v1.1 @ latest special firmware (Special v24 SP2 - 12533 - BETA - exploit fix)
Router is on static IP, and he is connected to internet through WAN, wireless is not in use.
I just wanna to limit lan port 4 (and everything whats behind him) on specific speed just like on picture.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9680/ddwrtg.jpg
Sponsor
d3vilmk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
on the pic that u have shown u limit the rate of the network between the router and the computer and u don't not limit the internet bandwidth and its not working like that for me im limiting them by MAC address i put the mac address and than i put a limit of 2mbps for example and that works and tested but on sp1 firmware on sp2 still i did not test it
Armand1234
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also tryed on that way too. In my room i have 3 PCs. 2 of them are laptops, 3rd is a pc from which I setup router. In router I inserted MAC adress (start>run>cmd>ipconfig /all) from laptop which is on lan port3, write a speed limitations (2 Mbit) on right side next to inserted MAC adress, soft rebooted router, but again laptop downloaded full speed from internet. My internet is 16down/1up megabits, laptop downloaded 2MB/s, and thats full speed.
That way no work for me too.
Can you write exact version of your firmware, your router, and can you paste a picture of your QoS tab?

Thanks for replying
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Make sure you use the mac address for the device that is listed in the Status/Lan page.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Armand1234
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Make sure you use the mac address for the device that is listed in the Status/Lan page.

Ofcourse, its the same address when I look at her in Status>LAN , and when I go to start>run>cmd>ipconfig /all .
Speed limit is not working for me.
I also try inserted static IP addres on laptop, and added that same IP address to router in form xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/32 , and that is not working for me too.
Maybe I should try some other version of professional firmware? Which one is suggested ?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like the mini builds, but I have never ran a special build to compare.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Armand1234
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is anybody have something else to suggest?
denisr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Armand1234 wrote:
Is anybody have something else to suggest?

Telnet to router, login and try these commands:
mtd erase nvram [Enter]
reboot [Enter]

Now you must cinfigure router again. Hope this help.

Denis

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
No need for that, I 30/30/30 router 5-6 times till now, configure router 5-6 times from start point , and nothing happens.

I think that is the same thing as thing that you suggest.

Thanks Denis
d3vilmk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is what iv used

DD-WRT v24-sp1 (07/27/0Cool std-special
(SVN revision 10011)

i dont have it anymore bcs i upgraded to version 13064 so this is not a special build so i can not post screenshot if i downgrade to v 12533 than i can send u some screenshots

for me it worked awesome and i have tested it personally with my laptop and my other PC
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: