Rosewill RNX-GX4 - Advertised as DD-WRT Compatible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well DD-WRT will run also, the LEDs will be wrong among other things I imagine.

Is anyone going to get that GPIO data for Eko or what, that's enough tomato talk in this thread.

BrainSlayer Builds

DD-WRT Changelog RSS Feed
Sponsor
Jchen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys how should i go about flashing dd-wrt now that i already gave tomato. (dont want tomato since there are problems) Do i have to restore it to the stock rosewill firmware then flash to ddwrt, how do i restore it? Will pressing the little reset button while the router is on do it?
slimey
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
flash to dd-wrt and restore default settings after wards.
Jchen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
i flashed ddwrt and did default settings but i have no internet when the router is connected. I chose pppoe and entered my verizon dsl user/pass but my wan is always 0.0.0.0 and it wont connect. What should i do?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jchen wrote:
i flashed ddwrt and did default settings but i have no internet when the router is connected. I chose pppoe and entered my verizon dsl user/pass but my wan is always 0.0.0.0 and it wont connect. What should i do?

Wait for the router being supported by dd-wrt.
You have the same problem with two different kinds of 3rd party firmware and none of them has added support for this router - that should give you a clue.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Jchen wrote:

Wait for the router being supported by dd-wrt.
You have the same problem with two different kinds of 3rd party firmware and none of them has added support for this router - that should give you a clue.

Don't know what exactly the problem is~ but This router (RNX-GX4) could be 100% flashed both DD-WRT and Tomato (ND version) and works great in both F/W!

In my earlier reply, the Wan issue has been solved by following step.(both tomato and DD-wrt)
"using telnet" 192.168.1.1 root/admin, then input:

nvram set vlan1ports="0 5"
nvram commit
reboot

PS: the other way as follow (dd-wrt) from products review: "for WAN to work you must uncheck the W port from vlan, save settings then check the W port and save settings again. After this, reset your cable modem to pull a WAN address."
Jchen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
the uncheck/recheck fixed my wan problem but i still have a few questions. Im using Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) mini. Should i upgrade to a different version? Also the routers LAN, WAN, Wireless MAC are all the the 00:90 defaults with the last number being 1, 2 and 3. Should and how can i change that? How do i find out what numbers really belong there? Thanks
Ibrahimovic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jchen wrote:
the uncheck/recheck fixed my wan problem but i still have a few questions. Im using Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) mini. Should i upgrade to a different version? Also the routers LAN, WAN, Wireless MAC are all the the 00:90 defaults with the last number being 1, 2 and 3. Should and how can i change that? How do i find out what numbers really belong there? Thanks

The version of dd-wrt is chosen by yourself and it depends on your needs~ I've used VPN and STD version and both fine to me.

The MAC issue also depends on your applications. If you need WDS, you might need to change it. The way to change it is as following.(have posted before)

Some MAC address might be cleaned when you flashed to DD-WRT (nvram cleaned), but it's easy to be sovled. Here is my suggesion:
1. write down the original MAC address in your "Rosewill" firmware (LAN MAC address)
2. After flashed to DD-WRT, the MAC will be changed to 00:90:4c:c0:00:01 or other similar numbers.
3. telnet 192.168.1.1 and then input login/pw as root/admin
4. type command as following (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx is the original LAN MAC address in first step)

nvram set et0macaddr=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
nvram commit
reboot
5.DONE

PS: You could also type the command in DD-WRT's Administration>commands tab then run command and save startup script. It also works~
Jchen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
so i did it through the administration tab but now my LAN MAC got changed to 00:90:4c:c0:00:03 and is the same as my wireless MAC. Will there be any problems such as decrease in speed if i leave it at these numbers?
Ibrahimovic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jchen wrote:
so i did it through the administration tab but now my LAN MAC got changed to 00:90:4c:c0:00:03 and is the same as my wireless MAC. Will there be any problems such as decrease in speed if i leave it at these numbers?

nvram set et0macaddr=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

The "xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" above is the number you check and write down from the "Lan MAC" in "Rosewill firmware" (real MAC). not some numbers like 00:09:4c.....

If you just leave the number to 00:09..., I think it won't influence the speed or other functions but only if you need "WDS". WDS needs all routers has its different MAC. For example, if you bought 2 Rosewill router and falsh to DD-WRT. They will have the same MAC, then WDS could not be set~
Jchen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
so if im only using one wireless router in my house then those 00:09. addresses wont affect anything right?
Ibrahimovic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, as long as it works, I think it won't bother you too much~
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can somebody please provide gpio for reset button and optional for leds???
Izzy84075
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:15    Post subject: GPIOs Reply with quote
Just got mine in today. Loaded the VoIP version like a breeze compared to my previous router(Netgear WGR614v8).

gpio enable 0 - Turns off power/status LED

gpio disable 0 - Turns on power/status LED

gpio 6 - Input for reset button. gpio poll 6 shows 01 by default. When I press the button, it changes to 00. When I release it, it goes back to 01.

None of the others seem to do anything.
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please try attached firmware:

Also try wireless led, if blinks with traffic and if turns off when you disable radio.

dd-wrt.v24-13807_NEWD_mini.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dd-wrt.v24-13807_NEWD_mini.bin
 Filesize:  2.86 MB
 Downloaded:  1217 Time(s)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: