URGENT NOTICE FOR WRT320N USERS: PLEASE READ!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
lovswr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
After reading the last several posts, I too, upgraded to svn14471. Works better than ever. Cool
Sponsor
DBC
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 15:09    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote
With NetFlix coming to Canada in a few months I wanted to start tracking my WAN usage to see whether or not I need to upgrade my Shaw service to get a bigger bandwidth cap (currently 75GB). During my search I found many links to DD-WRT and after doing a tonne of research I took the plunge and flashed my WRT320N this morning. Wow. You guys have done a great job, this is everything I was after and more!!
alifaan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recently upgrade my wrt320n with dd-wrt.v24-14896_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini and then big. Everything went well until yesterday when my router stop working. Lights for power and ports are working ok, but router isn't. I can't get DHCP address and even if I set my pc address to something like 192.168.1.100 and try to access the router I can't. I also try 30-30-30 reset function with reset and also with WPS button but nothing happens. Because I can't access to 192.168.1.1 I can't telnet or ssh to router :@.

Anyone have some idea what is the problem and how to fix it? Thanks
numeritos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just flashed my new WRT320N following step by step this tutorial http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT320N_v1.0
The upgrade finished fine but now it doesn't work properly. I mean, I can access the web-gui but can't change anything on the configuration. Also whenever I try to upgrade to a new firmware after 2 seconds the 300s countdown disappears and the browser says the connection was reset. What should I do?
fallout330
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
numeritos wrote:
I just flashed my new WRT320N following step by step this tutorial http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT320N_v1.0
The upgrade finished fine but now it doesn't work properly. I mean, I can access the web-gui but can't change anything on the configuration. Also whenever I try to upgrade to a new firmware after 2 seconds the 300s countdown disappears and the browser says the connection was reset. What should I do?

I've encountered that issue when using Mozilla Firefox, for some reason. What browser are you using? I used IE 8 when faced with that issue, and it seemed to resolve itself.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
fallout330 wrote:
numeritos wrote:

I've encountered that issue when using Mozilla Firefox, for some reason. What browser are you using? I used IE 8 when faced with that issue, and it seemed to resolve itself.

normally clearing cache and cookies resolves this issue.
numeritos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
fallout330 wrote:
numeritos wrote:

Yep, I read your post after posting myself. I was using Mozilla Firefox 3.5.9 on Linux. I then used IE8 on WinXP and it worked fine.

I've configured one of my WRT320N as the wifi AP and the other as a Client Bridge (to have better signal and transfer rates at my living room). How can I know if the deviced are using the Client Bridge?

Thanks!
fallout330
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
numeritos wrote:
fallout330 wrote:
numeritos wrote:

Yep, I read your post after posting myself. I was using Mozilla Firefox 3.5.9 on Linux. I then used IE8 on WinXP and it worked fine.

I've configured one of my WRT320N as the wifi AP and the other as a Client Bridge (to have better signal and transfer rates at my living room). How can I know if the deviced are using the Client Bridge?

Thanks!

Do you have Two SSID's displayed when you do a site survey, one for the AP, and the other for the bridged?

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
leadboots5 wrote:
fallout330 wrote:
numeritos wrote:

normally clearing cache and cookies resolves this issue.

I forgot about that option, leadboots5, thanks.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a new problem Sad

I have the following setup:

cable/modem -> router linksys rv042 dual wan (only using one wan connection for now) -> linksys wrt310n -> linksys wrt320n (#1) via wired -> linksys wrt320n (#2) as a repeater bridge.

I've setup the linksys wrt310n to have wifi 802.11g (configured to G-only) so that if someone that doesn't have 802.11n comes to my place they can use internet. It also has both my pc's wired to it (didn't wire them to the rv042 because I wanted to have gigabit lan available)

The first linksys wrt320n (#1) is running the dhcp server (will explain later why) and has N-only at 5Ghz running with WPA2 Personal + AES encryption.

The second wrt320n (#2) is set as a repeater bridge connected to the wrt320n (#1). That's why I had to setup wrt320n (#1) as dhcp server, otherwise it wouldn't work.

Wrt320n (#2) is connected correctly to wrt320n (#1) because I connected my laptop via wire (and prevented wifi to connect) to wrt320n (#2) and I can surf the net, access network shares, etc. I have a decent transfer rate of about 6MB/s.

The thing is when I unplug the wire and try to connect wirelessly, my laptop doesn't use the repeater bridge at all! So the transfer rate goes down to about 1.5-2MB/s. It's driving me insane and I don't know what to do to force the laptop to use wrt320n (#2) when it's closer to it rather than the wrt320n (#1).

Also connection between both wrt320n shows this stats:

Signal Noise SNR Signal Quality
-73 -86 13 ~25%

They're about 4-5 metres away from each other with almost no walls between them so I don't see why signal quality is that bad.

Anyone? Thanks!

EDIT: I must have been too tired yesterday when I configured this whole thing. I skipped some steps and didn't create the virtual interface on the repeater bridge. That's why I couldn't make the laptop use it, d'oh!

What still bothers me is that the signal between both routers is not that good. But what bothers me the most is that when I connect the laptop via wire to wrt320n #2 I have a transfer rate of 6MB/s but now when I connect via wifi to wrt320n #2 the transfer rate is a crappy 2MB/s!! How can that be?

Last edited by numeritos on Tue Sep 21, 2010 16:17; edited 1 time in total
numeritos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
fallout330 wrote:
numeritos wrote:
fallout330 wrote:
numeritos wrote:

Thanks!

Do you have Two SSID's displayed when you do a site survey, one for the AP, and the other for the bridged?

Explained everything clearly now. Please read post above this one.

Thanks!
fallout330
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
numeritos wrote:
I have a new problem Sad

cable/modem -> router linksys rv042 dual wan (only using one wan connection for now) -> linksys wrt310n -> linksys wrt320n (#1) via wired -> linksys wrt320n (#2) as a repeater bridge.

I've setup the linksys wrt310n to have wifi 802.11g (configured to G-only) so that if someone that doesn't have 802.11n comes to my place they can use internet. It also has both my pc's wired to it (didn't wire them to the rv042 because I wanted to have gigabit lan available)

The first linksys wrt320n (#1) is running the dhcp server (will explain later why) and has N-only at 5Ghz running with WPA2 Personal + AES encryption.

The second wrt320n (#2) is set as a repeater bridge connected to the wrt320n (#1). That's why I had to setup wrt320n (#1) as dhcp server, otherwise it wouldn't work.

Wrt320n (#2) is connected correctly to wrt320n (#1) because I connected my laptop via wire (and prevented wifi to connect) to wrt320n (#2) and I can surf the net, access network shares, etc. I have a decent transfer rate of about 6MB/s.

The thing is when I unplug the wire and try to connect wirelessly, my laptop doesn't use the repeater bridge at all! So the transfer rate goes down to about 1.5-2MB/s. It's driving me insane and I don't know what to do to force the laptop to use wrt320n (#2) when it's closer to it rather than the wrt320n (#1).

-73 -86 13 ~25%

They're about 4-5 metres away from each other with almost no walls between them so I don't see why signal quality is that bad.

Anyone? Thanks!

EDIT: I must have been too tired yesterday when I configured this whole thing. I skipped some steps and didn't create the virtual interface on the repeater bridge. That's why I couldn't make the laptop use it, d'oh!

What still bothers me is that the signal between both routers is not that good. But what bothers me the most is that when I connect the laptop via wire to wrt320n #2 I have a transfer rate of 6MB/s but now when I connect via wifi to wrt320n #2 the transfer rate is a crappy 2MB/s!! How can that be?

Isn't bandwidth impacted by almost one half on the 2nd bridged router, due to bandwidth needed to communicate between the two bridged routers? I know that's a simplified explanation. Please correct me if this is not the case.

Thanks,

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
fallout330 wrote:
numeritos wrote:
I have a new problem Sad

-73 -86 13 ~25%

Anyone? Thanks!

Isn't bandwidth impacted by almost one half on the 2nd bridged router, due to bandwidth needed to communicate between the two bridged routers? I know that's a simplified explanation. Please correct me if this is not the case.

Thanks,

Yes you are right, but in this case it's about 1/3rd of the speed I get if I connect via wire to wrt320n #2.

Also, each router are not THAT far from each other to have that crappy signal between them!
fallout330
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
numeritos wrote:
fallout330 wrote:
numeritos wrote:
I have a new problem Sad

-73 -86 13 ~25%

Anyone? Thanks!

Thanks,

Yes you are right, but in this case it's about 1/3rd of the speed I get if I connect via wire to wrt320n #2.

Also, each router are not THAT far from each other to have that crappy signal between them!

Sorry to hear of the trouble numeritos. I did have my 320n bridged with a 54Gv5 before and saw expected performance. Now I did modify my antennas to 6dbi antennas on the 320n with an upgrade kit I found on ebay, so that may have contributed to possible better performance. I'm wondering myself what the issue is with your setup.

Do you actually have two different SSID's displayed on your laptop when searching for your local personal wireless signal?

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
fallout330 wrote:
numeritos wrote:
fallout330 wrote:
numeritos wrote:
I have a new problem Sad

-73 -86 13 ~25%

Anyone? Thanks!

Thanks,

Sorry to hear of the trouble numeritos. I did have my 320n bridged with a 54Gv5 before and saw expected performance. Now I did modify my antennas to 6dbi antennas on the 320n with an upgrade kit I found on ebay, so that may have contributed to possible better performance. I'm wondering myself what the issue is with your setup.

Do you actually have two different SSID's displayed on your laptop when searching for your local personal wireless signal?

Yeah, I see the SSID of wrt320 #1 and the SSID of the virtual interface created on the wrt320n #2.

I might have to find something to boost the antennas so that I have a better signal, but I wish I didn't have too
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: