Install/Upgrade to SP2 from a Windows 7 computer

brucemc777
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 23:38    Post subject: Install/Upgrade to SP2 from a Windows 7 computer Reply with quote
Before I do anything more stupid, are there any cautions or preliminary steps I must take when installing from a W7 Ultimate 64bit platform as opposed to WXP? I am about to go back and look for the generic upgrade instructions (WRT54GL running SP1).

I noticed some Vista specific stack issues that I didn't fully understand and as I made the jump from WXP to W7, I find there are a number of things that I don't have prior experience with avoiding.

Also - There is mention that if dd-wrt is already installed, you can upgrade by just using the interface. Does that mean I can skip everything, take my router using ddwrt SP1, go to Admin:Upgrade Firmware, point it to SP2 on my computer and run it? Kind of scares me with all the cautions I have read...

I ran a search on this, but I am afraid I could not make it specific enough to be meaningful - kind of like that Bing commercial they run on TV...
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: