DIR-601 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
you're right. just another useless reply. since nobo seems to be able to read english. vlt sollen wir auf deutsch umschwenken vlt wird das besser verstanden?! warum macht kieiner was ich schreibe. kann ja wohl net so schwer sein. das raff sogar mein neffe und der ist in der grundschule...
wie auch immer wenn leute hier rummeckern sollte sie erstmal die rules and guidelines lesen...dann werden sie schnell verstummen weil ihnen waas auffaellt....

anyway i dont know why im wasting my time here. other users got all info of their units without problems...

read:

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is now a supported router:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=88838

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
shiekh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
dd-wrt seems to work fine on the dir-601 A1 (board says it is actually a 600 A1); however

* The panel lights don't seem to work so well (Wi-Fi light does not work and WAN light does not flash)

* DD-WRT reports a 350MHz processor
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#D-Link
claims 400MHz

* The CPU usage always seems to be 1 -2 % which is hard to believe.

Still, it is very nice to run dd-wrt on this machine, hopefully the LED issue is solved soon.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
dd-wrt shows the real cpu clock configured by the bootloader. so dd-wrt is right here. "ALWAYS"
the cpu clock is defined by the bootloader and not by dd-wrt. the cpu used on this board is indeed normally clocked to 400 mhz, but in this case it seems to be different.
the cpu usage is also true. i do not fake system loads.
the wifi led does not work like on any dir 615 based device, since nobody is able to tell me how the wireless led is controlled. no gpio is mapped to it and no card internal register is mapped to it. misterious. but has no functional effect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good to know... maybe they down-clocked the refurbished units... (I see the dd-wrt over-clocking feature is 'Not Supported')

Would not the original firmware hold clues on what controls the LEDs?

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=24419 seem to be talking about controlling the LEDS on a Dir-600 A1 (same as Dir-601 A1)

dir600-A1 profile works on E4, known gpios:
gpio7 - wan led
gpio13-16 - lan1-lan4 leds
lelias2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 22:36    Post subject: New user Reply with quote
I just installed dd-wrt on my D-Link 601 and it works ok. As said before, some of the LEDs are off, but who cares.

My main problem at this point is that any time I try to connect with any of my wireless devices I lose internet connectivity. (The internet LED goes from green to yellow)

Any idea what may be causing it? When I'm using my wired computer it works fine.

Thanks in advance.
shiekh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have no connectivity problems, and have been running days at a time.

Still, for me it would be nice to have the lights working.

I find the April 9th build is working better than the April 13th build.
lelias2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
It decided to work now. Smile
shiekh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have seen quite a delay as it 'figures things out', don't know if this would be considered a bug or not.
shiekh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
On D-Links DIR-601 1.02NA firmware I see

Hardware Version: ???????

used to say

Hardware Version: A1

http://www.support.dlink.com/emulators/dir601/100NA/index.html

it goes back fine if I downgrade to 1.01NA firmware; anyone else see this?
boden
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 14:13    Post subject: Re: New user Reply with quote
lelias2k wrote:

My main problem at this point is that any time I try to connect with any of my wireless devices I lose internet connectivity. (The internet LED goes from green to yellow)

Any idea what may be causing it? When I'm using my wired computer it works fine.

Thanks in advance.

I'm having the same problem. When my wireless clients connect, the WAN connection goes haywire. The release and renew for WAN doesn't seem to help at that point. Other than this, it works pretty well.
Biscotti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
The DLink DIR-601 (A1) is MOST DEFINITELY supported and works beautifully with the
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/02-17-11-r16214/dlink-dir601a1/dir601a1-factory-to-ddwrt-firmware.bin
firmware.

You don't have to worry too much about setting the static IP the way they suggest but you do have to flash with a direct LAN connection. Just remember that once the unit has been flashed the new address is 192.168.1.1 NOT 192.168.0.1

This replacement firmware makes a borderline useless router work like a champ!! I was ready to return this router or pitch it in the garbage.

Kudos to the DD-WRT team. You'll be getting a donation from me!! Very Happy
zman977
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

the wifi led does not work like on any dir 615 based device, since nobody is able to tell me how the wireless led is controlled. no gpio is mapped to it and no card internal register is mapped to it. misterious. but has no functional effect

Brian would this work?

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-600?s[]=build

The author of that page has a section about controlling GPIOs. Don't know if it would be of any use.
svpb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
ive been using BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/06-14-11-r17201/dlink-dir601a1

the lights are good and the wifi is fine

i cant seem to find nocatsplash, in this version , am i looking the wrong place or do i need a different release
shiekh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aug 10th build is looking good (all the lights now work)

What is missing is the power control, which does not seem to work.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: