Using WRE54G?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
vintagepen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 17:38    Post subject: Using WRE54G? Reply with quote
Just wondering whether anyone else has had this experience: Have managed to set up this as a repeater, -in fact I think that this router ONLY works as a repeater.

I managed to get into the firmware eventually and joined my network. Not sure how it did this as joining surely involves entering a WPA key.

In any event, I did manage to join, having gone to wireless and changed the default IP to something other than the 192.168.1.1 which can surely never be used as a repeater??

However when I went to security I chose to join my network which went fine but i then entered my WPA key and pressed APPLY. Curiously the router immediately seemed to die completely and logged out of the IP which I had assigned. It also no longer even appears on WiFi Analyzer! What is going on? Is it working solely to repeat the signal of whatever it is repeating or is this unusual behaviour and should I press RESET and start again?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: