Fresh E4200 Flash to DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
aesp533262
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 19:13    Post subject: Fresh E4200 Flash to DD-WRT Reply with quote
I haven't flashed a router since a WRT54GS V.2 that I use as a repeater now to my E4200 V.1. I have been having some preformance issues with the E4200 and the latest firmware (serving media using PS3 Media Server causes decrease speed on pc so video stutters). So I want to give DD-WRT a try on the E4200. I understand how to flash, I have read the peacock thread. How do i determine which build to flash (after flashing the Mini of course). Any help is appreciated.
Sponsor
xclone1098
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
try and error i guess. my favorite build is in my signature. everything works perfectly for me with that one.

Last edited by xclone1098 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:47; edited 1 time in total
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 23:37    Post subject: Re: Fresh E4200 Flash to DD-WRT Reply with quote
aesp533262 wrote:
I haven't flashed a router since a WRT54GS V.2 that I use as a repeater now to my E4200 V.1. I have been having some preformance issues with the E4200 and the latest firmware (serving media using PS3 Media Server causes decrease speed on pc so video stutters). So I want to give DD-WRT a try on the E4200. I understand how to flash, I have read the peacock thread. How do i determine which build to flash (after flashing the Mini of course). Any help is appreciated.

Build number is note 3 of the peacock. Build type is note 4. That will give you some guidance, but the rest is up to you.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
mbloof
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 14:45    Post subject: E4200 - So far so good. Nice to have DD-WRT running. Reply with quote
After the initial recommended small file flash I'm running:

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/08/11) std-usb-nas - build 17990M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko

on my E4200.

Everything I've tested so far except the 'wiviz survey' seems to work.

N7GHI
asad.palekar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:17    Post subject: Re: Fresh E4200 Flash to DD-WRT Reply with quote
aesp533262 wrote:

So did you go with the flash? How did it go? How is the performance at the moment?

My e4200 is also giving me some performance issues. Most irritating one is that for 2.4 ghz it would only connect at 72mbps. Sometimes 144mbps. I wonder why cant i use channel bonding in 2.4ghz. Also it my xbox reports very low connection.

Another question i have that if i flash with DD-WRT and back to original firmware. will i be voiding warranty? I mean what if something goes wrong. how would cisco know i was flashing DD-WRT when the router is bricked and unresponsive? I could easily say it happened during Cisco Firmware upgrade.
ounaazh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
i just received my e4200 v1 & i'm thinking of flashing to dd-wrt, just because i think dd-wrt lets me add more ports to forwarding list ? Razz

i'd also like to know if anything goes wrong, how will they know if the brick was caused by flashing, etc? if it's a brick, it's a brick, right? Very Happy

also, i'd like to know what version to use to flash Smile
yobi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
step by step

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php?title=Linksys_E4200
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: