K26 Build Supported Router List

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
crashfly wrote:
I am unable to determine if my WRT600n is a v1.1 or a v1.0. It does work with the NEWD2 builds that Brainslayer issues out. There is not any readily identifying marks that say it is a v1.1. Therefore, I am "assuming" it is a v1.0 and can use the K26 builds.

Thanks crashfly.
Your CFE added more to the WRT600N confusion, it is byte for byte identical with a 600N v1.1 CFE that was uploaded previously in the CFE collection thread so it may well be that 600N v1 and v1.1 has the same CFE.

The 600N CFE's are in many ways different from any other CFE's and they don't seem to contain any router specific information like antenna calibration or MAC address. The MAC address is , from what I can see, only stored in nvram.
The MAC address that you see in plaintext is a "test" MAC address for the CFE, other routers has this one as well.

I wouldn't try K26 on this router since it doesn't have a jtag port.
It is a collectors item, be careful with it!

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
You were warned not to make misleading statements. Flashing k2.6 to routers that don't support them will brick them. Flashing k2.4 to routers that don't support it will also brick them. There is no universal compatibility as you can clearly see from the list.

Hey, I asked a question. Is or is not 2.6 backwards compatible? Sure, we need to test these builds before we deem them a suitable upgrade but I fail to see why they wouldn't work...because nobody's told me, rather denouncing me for suggesting an idea. Come on.

>>>PEACOCK THREAD!<<<

I do NOT offer personal assistance.
Please do not PM me for help.

Last edited by socal87 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 22:07; edited 1 time in total
crashfly
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

Thanks crashfly.
Your CFE added more to the WRT600N confusion, it is byte for byte identical with a 600N v1.1 CFE that was uploaded previously in the CFE collection thread so it may well be that 600N v1 and v1.1 has the same CFE.

The 600N CFE's are in many ways different from any other CFE's and they don't seem to contain any router specific information like antenna calibration or MAC address. The MAC address is , from what I can see, only stored in nvram.
The MAC address that you see in plaintext is a "test" MAC address for the CFE, other routers has this one as well.

I wouldn't try K26 on this router since it doesn't have a jtag port.
It is a collectors item, be careful with it!

Thank you for the information on that. I do not know if it makes a difference, but I have *only* put Brainslayer specific NEWD2 (wrt610 trailed builds) on my WRT600n. Except for general flakiness with specific builds, the K26 branch has actually worked quite well for me.

When I originally switched over (at build r12601), everything seemed to work a bit better for me (snapper/more responsive). Therefore I stuck with the BS K26 builds as I have an external hdd hooked up for extra space.

I have noticed some people having issues with Eko's builds from time to time, so that is the main reason I have not tried those recently (hence the keeping the router safe bit Wink ).

Try Dropbox for syncing files - get 2.5gb online for free by signing up.

Read! Peacock thread
*PLEASE* upgrade PAST v24SP1 or no support.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
socal87 wrote:
phuzi0n wrote:
You were warned not to make misleading statements. Flashing k2.6 to routers that don't support them will brick them. Flashing k2.4 to routers that don't support it will also brick them. There is no universal compatibility as you can clearly see from the list.

Hey, I asked a question. Is or is not 2.6 backwards compatible? Sure, we need to test these builds before we deem them a suitable upgrade but I fail to see why they wouldn't work...because nobody's told me, rather denouncing me for suggesting an idea. Come on.

The list has been telling you that your assumptions are false before you ever posted. I explicitly told you in my edit that some routers only support k2.4 builds and some only support k2.6 builds.

It is not known exactly why some models brick but some have been able to attain k2.6 compatibility by flashing a different CFE.

Masterman
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bricked my WRT160n v1.1 (which thankfully I recovered).

That router should not be on the supported list. fyi...

Got a WRT610N v2 outta the deal, so I guess it wasn't all that bad, lol; especially for $97 at Target Cool

Asus RT-N10
Asus RT-N12
Asus RT-N16 x5
Asus WL520gU
Engenious ECB350
Linksys WRT600Nv1.1
Linksys WRT610Nv1
Linksys E2000
Netgear WNDR3300
SonicWall NSA220W
SonicWall TZ215W
SonicWall TZ205W
SonicWall TZ105W
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Masterman wrote:

It should be there, other users has reported success with it.
It is also on my list of routers that ought to work with K26, I can see no reason for why it shouldn't.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Masterman wrote:

It should be there, other users has reported success with it.
It is also on my list of routers that ought to work with K26, I can see no reason for why it shouldn't.

I posted about the 160 v1 in another thread in regards to newd-2. I can say for sure that this router takes forever to flash & boot. I believe is has something to do with the 8 bit data buss. It may have "bricked" from not waiting long enough after a flash.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
It flashed, I walked away to have a smoke for 5 minutes, came back and the DD-WRT message about (Your Network settings have Changed" Message was up. I clicked continue, and nothing happened. The net adapter was attempting to acquire a DHCP address.

Meanwhile, all the lights on the router were on, except for the Wireless LED.

I set the net adapter to manual 192.168.1.1 and received continuous pings with a TTL of 128.

I didn't do nothing wrong during the flash procedure.

I took me a few hours of fiddling around with it (in which time my mother went and bought a 610N (w00t), but I managed to TFTP a K24 build onto it)

Asus RT-N10
Asus RT-N12
Asus RT-N16 x5
Asus WL520gU
Engenious ECB350
Linksys WRT600Nv1.1
Linksys WRT610Nv1
Linksys E2000
Netgear WNDR3300
SonicWall NSA220W
SonicWall TZ215W
SonicWall TZ205W
SonicWall TZ105W
shroomalistic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
what did oyu originally have on it before you flashed the newd-2? and which newd-2 build did you flash? I want to make sure I dont make the same mistake with mine. Did you do a 30-30-30 before and after flashing?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Masterman wrote:
It flashed, I walked away to have a smoke for 5 minutes, came back and the DD-WRT message about (Your Network settings have Changed" Message was up. I clicked continue, and nothing happened. The net adapter was attempting to acquire a DHCP address.

What build and version did you flash?

How can your adapter attempt to get a DHCP address when it is set to static IP? Confused

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Masterman wrote:
I set the net adapter to manual 192.168.1.1 and received continuous pings with a TTL of 128.

I didn't do nothing wrong during the flash procedure.

You set your adapter to the same IP that the router should have and got continuous pings to your adapter not the router.

hancox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 17:47    Post subject: Re: K26 Build Supported Router List Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
Are Supported:

Buffalo WHR-HP-G54
Buffalo WHR-G54S (redhawk)

Anyone think it's safe to assume a WLI-TX4-G54HP would work, too? (basically a WHR-HP-G54 without a dedicated WAN port if memory serves)
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 17:59    Post subject: Re: K26 Build Supported Router List Reply with quote
hancox wrote:
barryware wrote:
Are Supported:

Buffalo WHR-HP-G54

Anyone think it's safe to assume a WLI-TX4-G54HP would work, too? (basically a WHR-HP-G54 without a dedicated WAN port if memory serves)

You can't assume anything, is it running dd-wrt now?
If so, do a CFE backup by browsing to http://192.168.1.1/backup:cfe
and upload the cfe to the sticky CFE collection thread in top of this forum.
I can tell you your chance of success after looking at it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
crashfly wrote:
Thank you for the information on that. I do not know if it makes a difference, but I have *only* put Brainslayer specific NEWD2 (wrt610 trailed builds) on my WRT600n. Except for general flakiness with specific builds, the K26 branch has actually worked quite well for me.

When I originally switched over (at build r12601), everything seemed to work a bit better for me (snapper/more responsive). Therefore I stuck with the BS K26 builds as I have an external hdd hooked up for extra space.

I have noticed some people having issues with Eko's builds from time to time, so that is the main reason I have not tried those recently (hence the keeping the router safe bit Wink ).

Ok, I'm confused. Are you running a K26 build on your 600N?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 18:20    Post subject: Re: K26 Build Supported Router List Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
hancox wrote:
barryware wrote:
Are Supported:

Buffalo WHR-HP-G54

You can't assume anything, is it running dd-wrt now?
If so, do a CFE backup by browsing to http://192.168.1.1/backup:cfe
and upload the cfe to the sticky CFE collection thread in top of this forum.
I can tell you your chance of success after looking at it.

Your link didn't work for me on any of my dd-wrt devices, but the WLI-TX4-G54HP is certainly running dd-wrt now. My only question is 2.6 kernel compat.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 21
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: