K26 Build Supported Router List

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
wiesl-flink
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
0sAND1s wrote:
Sorry for the late reply.
My problem with the wireless connection is that eth1 (the wireless one) is excluded from lan_ifnames nvram variable at each reboot. I don't know what's causing that, but I've seen some modifications in the later builds that affect lan_ifnames variable. I will flash the last build and try again.
For K2.6, the correct command for wl is "wl -i eth1 ver", so that's not an issue.
You can manually set the correct configuration after each reboot using the VLANS tab, the wireless combo box, should be set to LAN instead of None.
I will PM you the CFE. The instructions to update it are here: http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/CFE_backup .

Edit1:
With the latest BS build 14594, the problem still persists...eth1 is removed from lan_ifnames.

I can confirm this for Asus WL500gP V1.0 and BCM4318 radio.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24-K26/svn15230/dd-wrt.v24-15230_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas.bin

Workaround is a startup script with the following contents:
brctl addif br0 eth1
(which is a consequence that it is not added to lan_ifnames)
Any fix planned?

BTW: Which of the cfe is newer?
The one with newer date or higher version?
Which one is "better", especially WLAN?

cat cfe.bin | strings | grep -E '(\(C\))|(CST)|(BCM9)|(32bit)|(^[v]*?[0-9]*?\.[0-9]*?\.[0-9]*?$)|(^[v]*?[0-9]+?\.[0-9]*?\.[0-9]*?\.[0-9]*?$)' | grep -v "192.168.1.1" | grep -v "255.255.255.0" | sort | uniq
14 15:54:18 CST 2005
32bit,SP,LE
BCM947XX
Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002,2003 Broadcom Corporation.

cat cfe.bin | strings | grep -E '(\(C\))|(CST)|(BCM9)|(32bit)|(^[v]*?[0-9]*?\.[0-9]*?\.[0-9]*?$)|(^[v]*?[0-9]+?\.[0-9]*?\.[0-9]*?\.[0-9]*?$)' | grep -v "192.168.1.1" | grep -v "255.255.255.0" | sort | uniq
12 22:21:19 CST 2006
32bit,SP,LE
BCM947XX
Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002,2003 Broadcom Corporation.
Sponsor
wiesl-flink
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
BasCom wrote:
looks like GS 1.0 is K2.6 supported. i installed openwrt Kernel 2.6 on it. there was only a wifi driver issue. same may count for dd-wrt builds..

Do you mean the WRT54GS 1.0 with K2.6?
Did you get it to work?
If yes, how?

Thanx.

Wiesl
freonchill
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
forgive my newb-ess about the k26, but is there a chart about the differences between traditional (vint/newd based on 2.4) and the newer k26? e.g. what what are the benefits between different supported firmwares on the same device

e.g. i have wrt54g-tm running sp2 beta 13525 newd
will cross-grading (to k26 sp2 beta 13525) benefit me in any regard?

thanks
(sorry for not being "up to speed" on the k26 development)

1x WRT54G2 v1
2x BUFFALO WHR-G54S
2x BUFFALO WHR-G300N v2
1x BUFFLOW WHR-HP-G300N
1x La Fonera
FON Client Bridge tutorial
winyl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 21:40    Post subject: Any news on k26 sd card support Reply with quote
When the module/s will be available for sd?
Maybe they are not planned or already available?

Thanx
wiesl-flink
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does someone know which ipkg can be installed with Kernel 2.6 (2.6.24.111)?

ipkg config still points to whiterussian. Tried to install from backfire but kernel is newer there (2.6.32.10):
ipkg -force-depends -d root install http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03/brcm47xx/packages/libusb-1.0_1.0.6-1_brcm47xx.ipk
ipkg -force-depends -d root install http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03/brcm47xx/packages/usbutils_0.86-1_brcm47xx.ipk

Any ideas which ipkg (especially the kernel dependend packages) one can use?

I'm looking for packages for 3G connection:
chat
comgt
libusb
usbutils
usb-modeswitch
zlib

Thnx.

Wiesl

cat /etc/ipkg.conf
src whiterussian http://downloads.openwrt.org/whiterussian/packages
src non-free http://downloads.openwrt.org/whiterussian/packages/non-free
src backports http://downloads.openwrt.org/backports/rc5
dest root /jffs
dest mmc /mmc
dest smbfs /tmp/smbshare
dest ram /tmp
Knaledge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is DD-WRT firmware pre-SP2 14896 the "best" to use for a WRT54G v6?

I currently have the older v24-SP1 (7/27/08) installed on my WRT54G v6 and not experiencing any major problems (unlike the WRT54GS which had SP2 on it).

Basically - is the 14896 build for the WRT54G v6 considered a "K26" build? What is the best overall firmware I should use, if not?

Thanks!
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Knaledge wrote:
Is DD-WRT firmware pre-SP2 14896 the "best" to use for a WRT54G v6?

I currently have the older v24-SP1 (7/27/0Cool installed on my WRT54G v6 and not experiencing any major problems (unlike the WRT54GS which had SP2 on it).

Basically - is the 14896 build for the WRT54G v6 considered a "K26" build? What is the best overall firmware I should use, if not?

Thanks!

You don't want K2.6 for that unit, you want to use NEWD builds, check out the firmware recommendations sticky at the top of this forum, or in my sig. Should link you to a proper build, make sure to read slowly.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Knaledge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
The post you reference is one I've already had a look at and which further prompted me to ask the question regarding which build to use:

- "Newd" is specifically called out as "do not use"
- I cannot use the 'Brainslayer' build linked due to the disclaimer at the top of the post (linked Brainslayer build is 13525; the disclaimer says not to use anything prior to 13527)
- The "recommended" build for WRT54G V6 (per the database) is pre-SP2 13064 yet this build is specifically called out as 'bad' in the header of the linked post

Honestly, for someone supporting DD-WRT in various ways over the last several years, I'm kind of finding a lot of dust has settled in some corners and while I'd like to continue being of further support, I'm equally finding myself underwhelmed at the lack of patronage for tried/true routers like the WRT54G classic.

Is there any, clear cut, definitive resource I may use that clearly spells out "This build is unanimously agreed upon as being the best choice for your router"?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Knaledge wrote:
The post you reference is one I've already had a look at and which further prompted me to ask the question regarding which build to use:

- "Newd" is specifically called out as "do not use"
- I cannot use the 'Brainslayer' build linked due to the disclaimer at the top of the post (linked Brainslayer build is 13525; the disclaimer says not to use anything prior to 13527)
- The "recommended" build for WRT54G V6 (per the database) is pre-SP2 13064 yet this build is specifically called out as 'bad' in the header of the linked post

Honestly, for someone supporting DD-WRT in various ways over the last several years, I'm kind of finding a lot of dust has settled in some corners and while I'd like to continue being of further support, I'm equally finding myself underwhelmed at the lack of patronage for tried/true routers like the WRT54G classic.

Is there any, clear cut, definitive resource I may use that clearly spells out "This build is unanimously agreed upon as being the best choice for your router"?

NEWD builds use a K2.4 kernel, I have read that sticky many times, i see the note where it says "Early kernel 2.6 builds less than 13527 - 100% cpu usage with UPnP enabled (and many other problems I've forgotten). " but since your unit does not use K2.6, i do not see where this would apply to you, also could you point me out in the post where it says not to use NEWD builds? Are you sure you read that properly?

anyhow your build link would be in this dir, use the micro generic, and all should be well.

BrainSlayer builds (13525):
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/older/12-28-09-r13525/broadcom/

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Knaledge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just ooc - why not use the 14929 build from 8/x/2010? Is the 14xxx series a K26 branch?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
it is your choice if you want to use newer test builds, and 14xxx series has both K2.4 and K2.6, your not seeming to understand though, your unit uses K2.4 NEWD builds, not K2.6

Knaledge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't believe mine uses K26. I'm illustrating that none of these builds, anywhere, spells out that they use K26 (or not).

Also, if I go with NEWD, what is the advantage of 15230 > 13429? (you linked)

Is there a trimmed CL anywhere for any of these commits?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Knaledge wrote:
I don't believe mine uses K26. I'm illustrating that none of these builds, anywhere, spells out that they use K26 (or not).

Also, if I go with NEWD, what is the advantage of 15230 > 13429? (you linked)

Is there a trimmed CL anywhere for any of these commits?

umm you must be blind, have you even gone into the FTP linked dir for the newer builds? it specifically says broadcom or broadcom_K26 and in eko's builds it specially will say in the file name NEWD or K2.6 NEWD-2 etc, also i didnt link 13429, i linked you 13525 which is the recommended build for your unit, WHICH IS WHAT YOU ASKED, why you keep going on and on, i havent the slightest, nor do i want to know.

Knaledge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe they changed it up since you last hit up the FTP but
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn15230/

No reference to K26 or K24 in build names. There IS a dir named V24_K26, but this seems contrary to your sure-sounding words that the builds themselves are clearly labeled as such. But, I'm blind.

SVN manners?

I'm just begging for a little bit of nip/tuck here to make it easier for people who come check in on things over the course of a few years and donate some cash to actually get whats what straightened out without having to sift through piles of posts.

Further - why are things flagged reommended in the build DB whne they are labeled here as bad? That can't be doing wonders for support threads. Especially as DD-WRT is going semi-commercial. You're going to get tons of people incoming that are looking to manipulate their off-the-shelf DD-WRT routers and upgrade to bad builds. Come on.

I may seem a bit harsh but it is terribly impractical to deride me when I'm simply pointing out the fresh-eyes obvious here. Why should I have to even ask this stuff?

Is there somewhere I may volunteer to reshuffle the SVNs? Clean up FAQs? Am I the best person for it?

I appreciate all the spare time absorbed by these projects - just realize that now DD-WRT is breaking commercial ground here and, at some point, people are GOING to expect a much clearer/concise channel.

That's all. Thanks for your help.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmmm.. builds look pretty clear to me..

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FV24-K26%2Fsvn15230%2F

What is the debate? @ Knaledge, your router has 2mb flash and will only run micro builds as earlier pointed out.

No such thing as a k26 micro build nor will there ever be.. Not enough room on a 2mb flash router.

And.. where is dd-wrt breaking commercial ground? There is some professional hardware with some features (super channel, etc) that require activation (paid) and there are some "special" builds that are paid.

All you will find in the download folders are the "free" gpl firmware(s)

And.. this thread should not be trashed by this crap.. start a new thread. This thread is about routers that will or will not support K26 builds.

Navigation

Jump to: