VDSL Tagging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Krasny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:00    Post subject: VDSL Tagging Reply with quote
Hello

My ISP provider is using 802.1q tagging for pppoe internet connection. I saw that in setup you can tag for T-Home VDSL with id 7, but my provider is using id 6 for pppoe traffic, so, is there any easy way to setup on pppoe 802.1q tagging?

I tried setting tagged port in vlan and creating a vlan2.6 in networking with no luck, also changed pppoe_wan_ifname via console. I´m using a Asus RT-N16 with 17201-mega build.

Thabks!
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't use the tagging on the networking page, that's mainly for other platforms.

Use the VLAN page to enable tagging on the WAN port, move it from VLAN 2 to VLAN 6, and then on the networking page reassign the WAN interface to be vlan6.

Krasny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks phuzi0n worked like a charm

The only thing is that if you choose vlan6 in networking as default wan interface, save and reboot, it changes to vlan2 after reboot. I solved with startup command, but i guess that this is a bug.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah the initialization code isn't very clean and for some models it forces certain settings to be reset to defaults. In one of my VLAN guides I explained this, hopefully that's how you figured it out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: