Brick (Endless Reboot) Linksys 600N - Requesting Assistance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jwbtx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 22:41    Post subject: Brick (Endless Reboot) Linksys 600N - Requesting Assistance. Reply with quote
I appear to have bricked my 600N today. I've been running it for about 3 months and have been doing some cool stuff like adding parental filters along with other limits and decided to add wrtbwmon and a permanent jffs partition running on an external USB deivce. Everything seem to be working very well until I decided to add the following via the GUI as a startup script:

umount /jffs #unmounts existing /jffs if existing
mount /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /mnt
mount /mnt/jffs /jffs

The intention was to get the usb drive mounted at startup and mount the /jffs partition to it. From there it was loading additional startup scripts in /jffs/etc/config.

Now my 600N is in a continuous reboot. I've checked the forums, read the peacock, tried the 30/30/30, the 610 resolution to no avail.

If any one can assist, I'd be very grateful. I'm pretty sure I need to jtag to get the thing back, but not certain, and that is beyond my abilities.

Regards,

jwb
Sponsor
crashfly
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
You probably need to recheck the "Peacock" thread (see signature) and check Note 6 and then Note 11.

Note 6 will tell you if you have permanently bricked your router. If you have officially only partially bricked your router, you should get ping responses and then you can go to Note 11 which tells you how to tftp appropriate firmware to your router.

Edit: Please be aware that you could also have "nvram full" problems (hence the repeated rebooting) or even power/heating issues with your router (other causes for rebooting).

Try Dropbox for syncing files - get 2.5gb online for free by signing up.

Read! Peacock thread
*PLEASE* upgrade PAST v24SP1 or no support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: