TENDA W311R - Bad flash recover and Install dd-wrt firmware!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try the boot-with-reset-pressed procedure, as I described above.

Configure your network adapter with a fixed IP of 192.168.0.9
Sponsor
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
RogFanther wrote:
Try the boot-with-reset-pressed procedure, as I described above.

Configure your network adapter with a fixed IP of 192.168.0.9

On my network card I write Ip address 192.168.0.9 and nothing else, right ?
I will Try tomorrow, if I have another quesions I will right It. Thanks a lot for your help
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
IP address 192.168.0.9
Usually windows auto-configure the network mask when you just click in the field. Otherwise, configure it to 255.255.255.0.

conect a cable between the router and computer, press reset then turn on the router. After about 10s release the button. From IE, access http://192.168.0.1. It should present you the recover page.

If that doesn´t work, your way will be to use the serial connection, as outlined in kapastratos post.
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
RogFanther wrote:
IP address 192.168.0.9
Usually windows auto-configure the network mask when you just click in the field. Otherwise, configure it to 255.255.255.0.

conect a cable between the router and computer, press reset then turn on the router. After about 10s release the button. From IE, access http://192.168.0.1. It should present you the recover page.

If that doesn´t work, your way will be to use the serial connection, as outlined in kapastratos post.

I understood kapastratos' router flash with another version, but router is bricked, my is not bricked, I have got ip and ping, What procedure I do to " reborn " my tenda ?
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
IF the procedure with booting the router with reset button pressed doesn´t work ( I really don´t remember if the W311R+ has the emergency boot page. D-Link DIR-600 surely has ) , you follow the procedure he used.

In short, with the serial console, you stop boot, transfer the firmware to the router through tftp, then write it to the flash.

In which country are you ? Maybe there is some Tenda technical repair shop around you.
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
RogFanther wrote:
IF the procedure with booting the router with reset button pressed doesn´t work ( I really don´t remember if the W311R+ has the emergency boot page. D-Link DIR-600 surely has ) , you follow the procedure he used.

In short, with the serial console, you stop boot, transfer the firmware to the router through tftp, then write it to the flash.

In which country are you ? Maybe there is some Tenda technical repair shop around you.

I am from Bulgaria. If I make wrong this procedure can I start from begining or this is the end
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
As long as you don´t overwrite the bootloader, it is ok, you can keep trying. But first things first, are you sure of the old version number ?

By the way, I saw you asked some times in the forum about dd-wrt. The 311R+ doesn´t have enough flash for that, so forget.
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
RogFanther wrote:
As long as you don´t overwrite the bootloader, it is ok, you can keep trying. But first things first, are you sure of the old version number ?

By the way, I saw you asked some times in the forum about dd-wrt. The 311R+ doesn´t have enough flash for that, so forget.

If I mistake a procedure is there any way to fry again or my router is over. Yes H2_v3.2.4h is old firm. Tenda tech Support sent me to skype. Is there any way to flash with out serial console, only with tftp. Is kapastrasos' procedure risked ?
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
If your router works, you can let it the way it is. If you can´t, because some of the disabled functions are necessary, we can say it is already bricked. So, nothing to lose.

As long as you don´t make a mess with the solder job, small chance to fry the router.

BTW, remember to unzip the firmware first.. Smile

You need the serial console to stop the boot process, and initiate the ftp transfer.

Try first the boot-with-reset-pressed procedure. If that doesn´t work, you can decide if it is worth to keep trying , or it would be easier to dump it in the trash can and buy another good-working router.
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
RogFanther wrote:
If your router works, you can let it the way it is. If you can´t, because some of the disabled functions are necessary, we can say it is already bricked. So, nothing to lose.

As long as you don´t make a mess with the solder job, small chance to fry the router.

BTW, remember to unzip the firmware first.. Smile

You need the serial console to stop the boot process, and initiate the ftp transfer.

Try first the boot-with-reset-pressed procedure. If that doesn´t work, you can decide if it is worth to keep trying , or it would be easier to dump it in the trash can and buy another good-working router.

If first procedure don not have effect, I will fry second procedure. A chance to ruin my router is very weak, right ?
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just work with care. If you are afraid you cannot solder it, take it to someone who is good with soldering small components.
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
RogFanther wrote:
Just work with care. If you are afraid you cannot solder it, take it to someone who is good with soldering small components.

Hi !!! I have got ping and ip address of my tenda w311r+. I flashed with wrong firmware version. Can telnet or tftp help me to back old firmware. Thanks
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Like I´ve said before :

Follow this
Like I´ve said before :
Follow this thread :
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=64016

Build and connect the serial interface. Post here the boot log.

The option you will need is that that reads "Load system code then write to Flash via TFTP. "

Configure the ips like in that thread, and update it. Of course, use the right firmware file for your model.

[ ]
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
RogFanther wrote:
Like I´ve said before :

Follow this
Like I´ve said before :
Follow this thread :
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=64016

Build and connect the serial interface. Post here the boot log.

The option you will need is that that reads "Load system code then write to Flash via TFTP. "

Configure the ips like in that thread, and update it. Of course, use the right firmware file for your model.

[ ]

Can you give me guide how to make maxim 3232. Should I buy components for make maxim 3232. Thank you
RogFanther
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
take a look at these sites :

http://sodoityourself.com/max232-serial-level-converter/
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WRT54GL_MAX232_Serial
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddASerialPort

They have some good information. Basically, you need to build the circuit and connect it to a serial port. If your computer don´t have a serial port, follow the route using a cellphone cable. They mention some for Siemens and Nokia phones that people has have success with.

No need to hurry, read and understand the circuit function before starting.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 23
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: