Pingspikes on my DIR-615

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
dualtorch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 16:51    Post subject: Pingspikes on my DIR-615 Reply with quote
Hello,
i recently installed the newest revision of ddwrt (21061) on my dir 615 (rev d) since port forwarding seemed to not work correctly before. I have 1 pc connected via LAN and a couple of mobile devices and a second pc connected via wifi. Especially in games i noticed pretty severe pingspikes since i updated the firmware. On the pc that is connected via LAN i have only little spikes and the server list in some games doesnt load correctly (non-steam based games, ive read the performance issues page). On the wireless machine however the pingspikes are pretty severe, every couple of minutes the ping goes through the roof.. Unfortunately i cant connect that machine via LAN, i have to use wifi. My first thought was that the wireless signal is just too weak (2 bars) so i changed the tx power to 120mw. this solved the stability issues i had before and the connection wont interrupt anymore, still i see those extreme pingspikes in games. Any ideas?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: