How to config the VOIP service?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
art4art
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Talk to tech around 1 hour from the VOIP phone company, They instruct me several different approach, finally, figure it out, my VOIP device did not communicate with 610N at all, because the port 2 of 610N is not on when is connected, the connection light of SPA2102R is not on neither, but use the same cable connect SPA2102R to any power device (like modem or computer or whatever ) the connection light is on, to show there is connection in between.

I asked tech how config the 610N without knowledged him DD-WRT, he said it has to have connection in between two device to be able to config in the firmware, so there is no fix on the firmware I guess, the issue come out that there is no connection of two device.

Is the build i had DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/28/09) big
(SVN revision 13527M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko) able to pick up VOIP device?

here is the defination of my build: [There are several different distributions of the DD-WRT firmware. The mini contains all the features of the standard distribution, with the exception of chillispot, nocat, rflow, kaid, CIFS client, SNMP, IPv6, and MMC/SD card support. The standard (std) distribution includes all features, with the exception of VOIP. The standard-nokaid (std-nokaid) distribution includes all features of standard, with kaid removed to free some flash space. The VOIP distribution includes all features, with kaid removed to make room for Milkfish. The VPN edition includes OpenVPN but does not include IPv6, CIFS client, or kaid. The micro edition is a stripped down version designed for the WRT54G v5 and other 2MB router models.]
Sponsor
art4art
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, any ideas?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
You don't need the voip version of dd-wrt when using a voip adapter, the voip version is intended for users running SIP telephone software on their computers.

If the LAN port LED on the 610 doesn't light up when you connect the voip adapter, then there is something wrong with the adapter, the cable, or the WRT610N LAN port.
It can't be that hard to exclude LAN port problem - connect a computer to that LAN port to see if the LED lights up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
You don't need the voip version of dd-wrt when using a voip adapter, the voip version is intended for users running SIP telephone software on their computers.

If the LAN port LED on the 610 doesn't light up when you connect the voip adapter, then there is something wrong with the adapter, the cable, or the WRT610N LAN port.
It can't be that hard to exclude LAN port problem - connect a computer to that LAN port to see if the LED lights up.

I know exactly what you are saying. I think this is a really really wired thing happen to me. Hope I could get across.

I use computer tried all 4 port of 610N, it all works fine with internet connect and lights up on the correct port.

Then I found a new cable line connect the SPA2102R to the 610N on the any port, there is no light up on the port and also there is no connection sign on the SPA2012R too.

But I connect SPA2102R to the WRT54GL running with DD-WRT or D-Link DI-524 vingin firmware, it all works.

I login inside the SPA2102R webgui page, it sets up the DHCP connection mode, should be able to pick up IP address by itself.

What kind of wired thing is that? Now, i know there is nothing wrong with my 610N DD-WRT setup, But connection problem, What kind of possible problems it could be? Can anybody help me with this issue?

Thanks
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Test with setting the the SPA2102R to a static ip in your subnet, a ip that is outside of the 610's DHCP pool in case there are some DHCP incompatibilities between the router and the voip adapter.

It can also be that the SPA2102R can't auto-negotiate connection speed with the gigabit switch in the 610.
Setup tab / VLan tab , remove auto negotiation for the port you are connecting SPA2102R to.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

It can also be that the SPA2102R can't auto-negotiate connection speed with the gigabit switch in the 610.
Setup tab / VLan tab , remove auto negotiation for the port you are connecting SPA2102R to.

I have tried auto-negotiate deselected, not working. And then I tried the all setting inside Vlan and unplug the SPA2102R router and replugin several times, finally lock myself out of the webgui page, have to the hard reset to get back in again.

LOM wrote:

Test with setting the the SPA2102R to a static ip in your subnet, a ip that is outside of the 610's DHCP pool in case there are some DHCP incompatibilities between the router and the voip adapter.

What do you mean by that? do the connection mode change on SPA2102R or 610N? Or how do I put IP inside 610's DHCP, need some further help on this, please.
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
for information:

i have a friend who noticed that with SPA2 when moving to another gateway device you have to reset it. it seems this device is peer with the mac address of the gateway....don't ask me how, don't ask me why.

DD-WRT WDS MESH + DASHBOARD (fr), DD-WRT network setting tool (tools.yzy-oui-fi.com), Wifi Business and IT guy After hours, My Blog, Free DD-WRT VPN Community(www.wrt-pptp-ww.com), DD-WRT pré-réglés pour réseau outdoor(hotspot.yzy-oui-fi.com), Nouveau Forum DD-WRT francophone
art4art
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
yzy-oui-fi wrote:
for information:

i have a friend who noticed that with SPA2 when moving to another gateway device you have to reset it. it seems this device is peer with the mac address of the gateway....don't ask me how, don't ask me why.

That make perfect sense, but How could I reset it?

I just look around the router box 2102R, there is no such button of reset or anything, Do I go onto the WEBgui page, if I reset there, I will lose all my setup info, I think I have to send it back to provider and reset it? or reset there, nothing happen, only clear the MAC address issue.
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
art4art wrote:
yzy-oui-fi wrote:
for information:

That make perfect sense, but How could I reset it?

I just look around the router box 2102R, there is no such button of reset or anything, Do I go onto the WEBgui page, if I reset there, I will lose all my setup info, I think I have to send it back to provider and reset it? or reset there, nothing happen, only clear the MAC address issue.

Yes i think it should be done from the gui, so you have to take a paper and note all voip account information before, because you could note restore a backup file in this case.

DD-WRT WDS MESH + DASHBOARD (fr), DD-WRT network setting tool (tools.yzy-oui-fi.com), Wifi Business and IT guy After hours, My Blog, Free DD-WRT VPN Community(www.wrt-pptp-ww.com), DD-WRT pré-réglés pour réseau outdoor(hotspot.yzy-oui-fi.com), Nouveau Forum DD-WRT francophone
art4art
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
<quote>
Yes i think it should be done from the gui, so you have to take a paper and note all voip account information before, because you could note restore a backup file in this case.[/quote]

Sound like a plan, I would let you know what happen after that
art4art
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, I did soft reset on the SPA2102R with help from VOIP service tech, it still had no connection between two routers. He finally gave up on the issue, tell me it is the compatiability issue with hardware conflict between SPA2102R and WRT610N, tell me to call LINKSYS CO to ask the compatiability between two.

Is this the right way to do so?
dc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
art4art wrote:
OK, I did soft reset on the SPA2102R with help from VOIP service tech, it still had no connection between two routers. He finally gave up on the issue, tell me it is the compatiability issue with hardware conflict between SPA2102R and WRT610N, tell me to call LINKSYS CO to ask the compatiability between two.

I may have missed this earlier .. but did you try a 'crossover' ethernet cable instead of a straight through? Perhaps the port on the SPA2102R can not autodetect the port on a more basic level than speed. (The crossover cable connects the transmit pair on one end of the cable to the receive pair on the other end)

Linksys will just tell you to revert to 'standard' firmware from the dd-wrt which you appear to have on your router.
art4art
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
dc wrote:
art4art wrote:

I may have missed this earlier .. but did you try a 'crossover' ethernet cable instead of a straight through? Perhaps the port on the SPA2102R can not autodetect the port on a more basic level than speed. (The crossover cable connects the transmit pair on one end of the cable to the receive pair on the other end)

Linksys will just tell you to revert to 'standard' firmware from the dd-wrt which you appear to have on your router.

Ok. I do have DI 524 from D-Link, I am pretty sure that was the one way to correct this problem, connect DI524 to the WRT610N and then SPA2102R connect to the DI524. I will create another 2 problem.

First, It will cost more range of the wireless, I have to set security issue again, more power usage,etc.

Second, It will eat some of my bandwidth too with another router device link in, gonna be too messy for the wire devices.

If I could simplified the setup, that would be wonderful.
art4art
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok. I finally give up. Do not want to try anymore.

First, I think this issue is nothing related with DD-WRT firmware or flashing the firmware. You guys are right.

Second, I call the Linksys, got transfer several different dept, finally know that I need to change the subnet to 192.168.0.1 on 610N, then change the port on SPA2102R to port forward 5060. I did change the subnet mask on the setup page of DD-WRT to 192.168.0.1, apply the setting, still no connect to the other router.

called the service provide, they said I do not need to change port forward, it did not make any sense. Then the tech remote control my computer to adjust setting on the DD-WRT, still no result after 2 hours hard-core trying.

Well, I give up. total spend about 20 hours on this issue, I decided just get over it.

Any further help is welcome. Thank you for all the posts.
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
go back to pap2t! ;)

this work all the time! never had trouble with it! Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: