Dlink DIR-300 problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
iantull
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:52    Post subject: Dlink DIR-300 problem Reply with quote
Hi, new to this group and have a problem with the dir-300 Vers A1, downloaded the files, was able to puttytel the unit and was able to, what I thought load the new firmware, using recommended version build 13064. On doing the final reset and waiting up to 5 minutes to make sure it rebooted correctly, I tried to connect to it via windows explorer, but it failed every time. I then tried again using telnet and that works great, I was even able to re-install everything again from the "fis init". No matter how many times I do this it all works correctly as far as the information in the "dir-300_flashing.txt" file is concerned, but I still cannot connect via IE or Firefox and I have now tried it on 2 PC's. Can anyone give me advise on this??

Thanks
Ian
Sponsor
prostheticconscience
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I take it you are using Windows XP?

Okay, on the networked pc icon in the system tray(bottom right) right click the icon. It should then pop up a list, click on "Status". Click on the second tab labeled "Support". List all the info there in a reply if you would.

If you see an unusual ip assigned to the local pc there may be an addressing conflict. If you have multiple adapters try either changing the connection metric, or if you have no idea what that is, then disable the adapter NOT connected to the router.
iantull
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply, I should be able to do this tomorrow as currently away from it's location, as soon as I have the info I will post it.

Ian
cybero2912
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
have you done fconfig at the end of the whole process?

Code:

fconfig
enter the bootscript:
fis load -l linux
exec

(empty line at the end)
iantull
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just so I have some of my details correct, I am running XP, what I did wrong was not enter the fconfig info correctly so there was no bootscript for it to run. I have since redone the fconfig and entered fis load -l linux
exec
(empty line at end)
was able to reset, but once this happened I lost the ability to ping 192.168.1.1 except for 3 successful returns, the rest are :request timed out.
I tried both 13064 and 10020, they both have the same result. I was able to get back into the router by using the original redboot.bat file, but changing the ip to 192.168.1.1, it was able to insert the control C into the boot and allowed me to telnet back into it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: