DD-WRT support for verizon 7501 bulit by westell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Author Message
lijianch
DD-WRT User


Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:32    Post subject: DD-WRT support for verizon 7501 bulit by westell Reply with quote
I brought this router today. This router is built by Westell

FCC ID: CH87500XX-07

I am surprised that this router is based on Broadcom chips with 32M DDR- memory and 4Mx2=8M flash (Samsung). See picture attached. Thanks!

I tried to tftp the mini build with no luck. Webpage upgrade requires *.upg files. I change the name from *.bin to *.upg. The system will not allow.


Last edited by lijianch on Tue May 18, 2010 17:27; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 2440
Location: Am now Dark_Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Number one: Decrease the size of your pics, they are way to big

Number two: Is this a Router/Modem combo?

_________________
The New Me
socal87
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 30 Jun 2009
Posts: 943
Location: Here

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Indeed...if anyone on dialup or DSL is looking at this, you just assraped their connection. With a rusty iron spike.

Tinypic, plzkthx!\

_________________
Click here for Eko beta
Click here for Brainslayer beta

>>>PEACOCK THREAD!<<<

Personal assistance is available but only if you give me money. And beer. Lots and lots of beer.

lijianch
DD-WRT User


Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I apologize folks, I sincerely do not know how to post a small pic.

socal87 wrote:
Indeed...if anyone on dialup or DSL is looking at this, you just assraped their connection. With a rusty iron spike.

Tinypic, plzkthx!\
lijianch
DD-WRT User


Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is a router only.

DHC_DarkShadow wrote:
Number one: Decrease the size of your pics, they are way to big

Number two: Is this a Router/Modem combo?
socal87
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 30 Jun 2009
Posts: 943
Location: Here

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
lijianch wrote:
I apologize folks, I sincerely do not know how to post a small pic.

socal87 wrote:
Indeed...if anyone on dialup or DSL is looking at this, you just assraped their connection. With a rusty iron spike.

Tinypic, plzkthx!\


Google.

_________________
Click here for Eko beta
Click here for Brainslayer beta

>>>PEACOCK THREAD!<<<

Personal assistance is available but only if you give me money. And beer. Lots and lots of beer.

phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Posts: 10143

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pics removed because they were so large that they were preventing the page from rendering at all in some browsers. Use an image editor (every OS comes with one) to resize them to 1600x1200 or less.
_________________
Read the forum announcements thoroughly! Be cautious if you're inexperienced.
Available for paid consulting. (Don't PM about complicated setups otherwise)
Looking for bricks and spare routers to expand my collection. (not interested in G spec models)
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 2440
Location: Am now Dark_Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Start here

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Read_Me_First.21

_________________
The New Me
LOM
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 28 Dec 2008
Posts: 7214

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:43    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT support for verizon 7501 bulit by westell Reply with quote
lijianch wrote:
I brought this router today. This router is built by Westell

FCC ID: CH87500XX-07

I am surprised that this router is based on Broadcom chips with 16M DDR- memory and 2Mx2=4M flash (Samsung). See picture attached. Thanks!

I tried to tftp the mini build with no luck. Webpage upgrade requires *.upg files. I change the name from *.bin to *.upg. The system will not allow.


This is a modem-router combo and is not supported by dd-wrt, dd-wrt is router firmware only - no modem firmware.

_________________
I'm on a whiskey diet, lost 3 days already
lijianch
DD-WRT User


Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 14:30    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT support for verizon 7501 bulit by westell Reply with quote
I look at the ports and I am sure this is NOT a modem.
It has four RJ45 + WAN RJ45 port + USB (1.1) port.

LOM wrote:
lijianch wrote:
I brought this router today. This router is built by Westell

FCC ID: CH87500XX-07

I am surprised that this router is based on Broadcom chips with 16M DDR- memory and 2Mx2=4M flash (Samsung). See picture attached. Thanks!

I tried to tftp the mini build with no luck. Webpage upgrade requires *.upg files. I change the name from *.bin to *.upg. The system will not allow.


This is a modem-router combo and is not supported by dd-wrt, dd-wrt is router firmware only - no modem firmware.
lijianch
DD-WRT User


Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
See.


12.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.99 KB
 Viewed:  75795 Time(s)

12.jpg



11.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.58 KB
 Viewed:  75795 Time(s)

11.jpeg



10.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.67 KB
 Viewed:  75795 Time(s)

10.jpg


lijianch
DD-WRT User


Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wireless chip BCM4318EKFBG
Switch BCM5325EKQMG
CPU BCM6359SKFBG
DDR memory EM6AA160TS-5G
Flash K8P3215UQB (serial number: UEB219PC and UEB150QA)


Last edited by lijianch on Tue May 18, 2010 17:30; edited 1 time in total
Peabody
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 1517

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just because a device has broadcom doesn't mean you can just flash dd-wrt onto it. It is far more complex than that. If the router isn't listed as supported, you can try, but you can also brick it easily. Most recently supported devices take a lot of hard work, in spite of the chipsets. Even supported devices have to be flashed properly, with correct builds, for that router.

So, bottom line, if it isn't supported you likely cannot flash it with dd-wrt. See note 16 of the peacock announcement.
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Posts: 2440
Location: Am now Dark_Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
How bout a pic of the ports?
_________________
The New Me
barryware
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 12857
Location: Behind The Reset Button

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I checked this device via the westell website. It is indeed only a router & ap. No internal modem.
_________________
[Moderator Deleted] Shocked
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 55
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum