How to scan for ANY OPEN WIFI? [SOLVED] - AutoAP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94
Xamindar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is this idea dead?

I was hoping to use this to have my client router automatically connect to any of my mobile hotspot devices with WPA2 encryption.

Does anyone know of a way to have a list of my hotspots with their passwords in the router so that it can connect to any one of them?
Sponsor
somo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah it has (been a minute)

JohnnyPrimus wrote:
i did find the source used to create the old binaries the other day, and will be happy to make that available if anyone wants it.

that is seemingly where autoap was stalled (priority connections to specified (known) WPA2 APs when in range)

Id love to see that happen and would be willing to do some testing.

I still use autoap rather frequently in the RV and was working on getting it set up to work on newer versions inside mypage when I had to set it aside because it was taking too much time trying to figure it all out and put it together in a way it worked for me. (recent ddwrt, OWTRW2, MyPage, etc)

if I could get the autoAP GUI into a custom MyPage running alongside the ten other MyPages in Optwares (OTRW2) then I would feel more comfortable using it for secure transactions (the wifi connections)

I prefer the old version in my sig for the easy GUI access but that was the last ddwrt that it worked in because of the cgi exploits that came along so I dont use it for anything but leisurely browsing anymore.

well see about that but if WPA2 never becomes doable , I'd still like to figure out how to get the GUI into MyPage. I think it was Drats that mentioned he did that but only gave a hint how to and I never figured it out after many hours trying but the MyPage and OWTRW2 were added complications.

anyone still reading got it (GUI) in a MyPage? ifso, how?

thanks

-WRT54GS V3 w/64MB RAM & SDCard Mods v24-sp2 Build:15962 + OTRW2
salutoni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 14:09    Post subject: ...and about a multiple SSID with similar name? Reply with quote
Hello to everyone,
i want to use the autoap to this example scenario using always a non protected network:
1st building have "Building No 1" SSID
2st building have "Building 2" SSID
3st building have "Building No 3" SSID
4st building have "Building Door 4" SSID
5st building have "Building Exclusive" SSID

I want to insert a wildcart to the autoap_prefssid in order to connect ONLY to this SSID's name.

So i have think about using something like this:
nvram set autoap_prefssid="Building*"
But i have see that the * is used to indicate a space.
Someone can help me?
Thanks guys, cheers.
stanwebber
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 20:26    Post subject: script working on DD-WRT v3.0-r31899 std (04/24/17) Reply with quote
i have the 2009-07-11 version of this script running successfully on a linksys ea6400 with DD-WRT v3.0-r31899 std (04/24/17) by modifying this section:

Code:
## Performs all of the parsing and filter logic
## Takes no parameters, no return value
aap_scan ()
{
  rm -f /tmp/aap.scan
  touch /tmp/aap.scan
  aap_log 44FFFF Status Type Name "MAC Address" Channel SNR[dB]
  if [ $aap_tryhidden -gt 0 ]; then
    for n in $aap_prefssid; do
      # Dump all preferred networks in aap.result if they are not there already                   
      tSSID=$(echo "$n" | sed "s/\(.*\)\*key\*.*/\1/; s/*/ /g")
      # Look for "[ ssid]", ignoring spaces at start
      is_detected=$(egrep -c "\[[ ]*$tSSID\]" /tmp/aap.result)
      if [ $is_detected -eq 0 ]; then
        # Didn't find the SSID already
        echo "[] [$tSSID] [unknown] chan=[-] [0] [0] [] [421] [0] [-] [HIDDEN]" >> /tmp/aap.result
      fi         
    done
  fi

while IFS="[]"; read a b cSSID e cBSSID g cCHAN i cRSSI k cNOISE m n o cCAP q r s t u cMODES; do
    # Skip the first line, look if cCHAN is defined:
    [ "$cCHAN" = "" ] && continue
    # Workaround for bug in site_survey, long SSID's show wrong
    cSSID=$(echo "$cSSID" | sed "s/^ *//" | awk '{ print substr($0,1,32) }')
    net_type="open"
    status=Ignoring # define a default value, will be overwritten if anything else
    order=000
    cKEY=""
    [ "$cMODES" = "HIDDEN" ] && net_type="hidden"
    [ -n "$(echo "$cMODES" | grep -i "WEP")" ] && net_type="WEP"
    [ -n "$(echo "$cMODES" | grep -i "WPA")" ] && net_type="WPA"

[ "$net_type" = "open" -a $aap_prefonly -le 0 ] && status="Found"

and changing this line to read:
Code:
while IFS="[]"; read a b c cSSID e cBSSID g cCHAN i j k cRSSI m cNOISE o p q cCAP s t u v w cMODES; do

so that it aligns with the contents of the /tmp/aap.result file generated by the site_survey:
Code:
[11] SSID[         xfinitywifi] BSSID[xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx] channel[ 1] frequency[2412] rssi[-85] noise[-90] beacon[100] cap[21] dtim[0] rate[450] enc[Open]

think of the aap.result file as being read like a spreadsheet...
stanwebber
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
here are a few more observations on the 2009-07-11 script:

autoap_prefonly option is a little convoluted and somewhat broken, but it can still work in a limited fashion:
- autoap_possid MUST be populated with a list of all possible ssid's you want to connect to. if it's not in this list, autoap won't try to connect.
- autoap_prefssid MUST be populated with the same list as autoap_possid or autoap fails to connect--here is where the functionality is broken. the original intention was to first try this subset of preferred ssid's out of the list of possible ones defined in autoap_possid. the script follows this behavior, but for some reason never successfully connects unless both lists are identical (could be fixed with some diagnosis).
- autoap_preforder seems to work as intended (would like to know if SNR is ever considered when listed order is defined and there are multiple identical ssid's).
- set autoap_prefonly to 1 to enable (ignored if autoap_prefssid is undefined, but accepted even if autoap_possid is empty even though it's mandatory).

autoap_passive values of 0 or 1 both work for me, but active scans (0) seem to eventually cause a permanent disconnect with the xfinitywifi hotspot i connect to.
fj123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
So... is it possible to achieve MAC blocking without writing to nvram? or to join an AP with a specific MAC?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Other than the post-2009 commentary in this thread, there has been no active development since 2009-07-13:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/autoap/files/

Good luck modifying whatever incarnation still exists in the wild.

I am going to leave this thread open for now, but keep in mind, it is now ~100 pages after I cleaned up all the garbage (and there is a lot of one-sided conversation that could be purged, as well!) and is a candidate for a padlock. Thanks!

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
fj123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
fj123 wrote:
So... is it possible to achieve MAC blocking without writing to nvram? or to join an AP with a specific MAC?

So I think I have an answer to my own question. Others might find it useful:

Assuming nvram already set to Deny MAC list via GUI MAC Filter...
Code:
nvram set wl0_maclist=*:*:*:*:*:* *:*:*:*:*:* *:*:*:*:*:*
restart radio_on

This seems to block MAC addresses without nvram commit. If you pull power right now, your maclist gets cleared. Or you can clear it before router reboots (which seems to commit nvram) by adding the following to shutdown command via GUI.

Code:
nvram set wl0_maclist=""
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 Display posts from previous:    Page 94 of 94
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: