Lost access to device after VLAN setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
sxb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:16    Post subject: Lost access to device after VLAN setup Reply with quote
Good morning,
I am trying to set up a couple of Linksys WR54GL as access point with multiple ESSID on different VLANs.
This is my setup:
Code:
firewall/router ---- trunk VLAN 1 to 5 ---- switch ---- trunk VLAN 1 to 5 ---- ddwrt

I'd need the device to act as an access point to the private network (provided by the switch on VLAN #2) and to the guest one (on VLAN #3) with two different ESSID.

I installed dd-wrt.v24-12548_NEWD_mini, assigned WAN port to the switch, disabled DHCP, disabled the firewall and set a proper address.
Reboot.
So far everything is fine, I can connect to the device after setting up a static IP address on my PC.
I enabled SSH and typed these command following the suggestion of http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Switched_Ports
Code:
nvram set vlan2hwname=et0
nvram set vlan3hwname=et0
nvram set port5vlans="2 3 16"
nvram set port4vlans="2 3 16"
nvram set port3vlans=2
nvram set port2vlans=2
nvram set port1vlans=3
nvram set port0vlans=3
nvram set vlan2ports="3 2 4t 5*"
nvram set vlan3ports="1 0 4t 5"
nvram commit
reboot

I plug in a cable on a trunk port on the switch and on the WAN port on the Linksys, connect with my PC on port 1 and I get access to the VLAN #2, on port 3 I'm on VLAN#3.
Success!
Except this is where I got stuck.
I can't access my router anymore. It should have the address I've set up previously but I can't ping it or connect via ssh/web.
I've tried for a couple of days now and I'm out of ideas, I'll gladly accept any help. Idea
Thanks.
Sponsor
sxb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've managed to sort my issues out, I had to maintain a port on the VLAN0 to keep access to the router.
I don't know if there's another way, but having to use the device as an access point, missing a wired interface is not that much of a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: