Problems with firmware mod kit and micro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jmprince80
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 22:26    Post subject: Problems with firmware mod kit and micro Reply with quote
Hi all, this is my first post here, but have been using DD-WRT for several years and have always found the solution to my probs in here...

I have been experimenting with the FW mod kit, but am having serious problems with the firmware which is generated by it.

If I extract and then recompile the generic micro (for wrt54gsv7) making no changes, then flash this FW to the router it will not give access to the Web UI and i cannot telnet into it.

It appears to be booting ok (WLAN light begins to flash etc) and gets so far and then resets.

I can't see whats going on with serial console as I broke my TTL-RS232 adapter a while back.

What I was trying to do is remove some stuff that I dont need (PPPD, and a few other bits) so that I can run the micro plus version without having to compress the CFE (which i dont think is possible anyway as i have intel flash)

In addition to that, it would be nice to be able to get mmc.o and ext2.o onto the image so that I can add a SD reader to the router which would make it a lot more useful than it currently is.

Does anyone have similar problems or know a solution?

Thanks for reading and hope to hear your input..

Jamie
Sponsor
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
check your FW mod Kit release, some are fully bugged.

Check your computer meet all requirement.

Normaly if you don't change any thing to the extrct firmware then rebuild it, this have no issue.

DD-WRT WDS MESH + DASHBOARD (fr), DD-WRT network setting tool (tools.yzy-oui-fi.com), Wifi Business and IT guy After hours, My Blog, Free DD-WRT VPN Community(www.wrt-pptp-ww.com), DD-WRT pré-réglés pour réseau outdoor(hotspot.yzy-oui-fi.com), Nouveau Forum DD-WRT francophone
jmprince80
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using version 0.62 downloaded from SVN yesterday.

Reccomendations on a working release?

Computer is fully compatiable (ubuntu 9.10)

Or should I just build from scratch?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: