Lan Teaming wrt160n with dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
qwade29
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:16    Post subject: Lan Teaming wrt160n with dd-wrt Reply with quote
I have a gigabyte motherboard (ga-ep45-ud3p) and it has 2 gigabit ethernet ports on it. I have both of them connected to the router. I am using the teaming utility. basically having 2 connections made into one. Instead of getting 100 mbps, I am getting 200 mbps. Is there any kind of setting or firmware to maybe get alittle bit more out of my connection speed.? I am running 3 CAT6 cables. One from cable modem to router. Two from the router to the back of the computer.
Sponsor
qwade29
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I guess nobody knows.
crashfly
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
You never mentioned your ISP speed. As it is, your biggest limiting factor on speed is what your ISP gives you.

Now, if you were *just* referring to local network speeds, getting a gigabit router would help you improve your connection LAN<>LAN. Outside of that, you are stuck with what you pay for from your ISP.

Try Dropbox for syncing files - get 2.5gb online for free by signing up.

Read! Peacock thread
*PLEASE* upgrade PAST v24SP1 or no support.
qwade29
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
crashfly wrote:
You never mentioned your ISP speed. As it is, your biggest limiting factor on speed is what your ISP gives you.

Now, if you were *just* referring to local network speeds, getting a gigabit router would help you improve your connection LAN<>LAN. Outside of that, you are stuck with what you pay for from your ISP.

I'm getting 10 megs down & 1 meg up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: