Can't access 192.168.1.1 after doing a 30/30/30 reset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Robotic Earthling
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 18:38    Post subject: Can't access 192.168.1.1 after doing a 30/30/30 reset Reply with quote
I'm trying to install DD-WRT on a Linksys WRT160N V3 and am following the instructions at http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT150N_%26_WRT160N#WRT160Nv3_Instructions. After I do the 30/30/30 reset, and go to 192.168.1.1, the Linksys Management Mode screen shows up fine and I can see where I'm supposed to upload the firmware, but the page stops working within 15 seconds of me finishing the reset, meaning I cannot upload the firmware, and if I refresh the page I get a "page does not exist" error. I have tried disabling the Windows firewall but that didn't seem to change anything. I've searched around a little and couldn't find any answers. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
clear your browsers cache & cookies, and / or use a diff browser. I use IE.

Only a guess though.. I have never seen this behavior before.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Set yourself a static IP. 192.168.1.xxx (anything), 255.255.255.0 subnet, and 192.168.1.1 gateway. I'm not sure but maybe dhcp just isn't working. Give the computer at least a minute to reinitialize the new settings, then try again.
Robotic Earthling
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unsivilaudio's suggestion worked perfectly, thanks.

However, now I can't figure out how to get my internet connection set up properly through the router. I thought that all I had to do was set the connection type to PPPoE and put in my user name and password, like I did on my old Netgear router, but that doesn't seem to be working. The internet icon lights up on the router as soon as I connect it to the modem but my computer doesn't recognize an internet connection.

I got the feeling that the solution is something obvious, but I've searched around and haven't found an answer.

EDIT: Posted my new problem in the General Questions forum: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=477294
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: