Getting Upload only with Rflow on new router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Force4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:52    Post subject: Getting Upload only with Rflow on new router Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I got last week a new WRT320N on which I installed:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/19/09) big - build 13493M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko

Everything is great besides Rflow.
I'm not new with it though, I feel like I'm missing something...
Well the thing is, I'm getting only Upload report. I tried with ntop on Linux, Rflow Collector on Win32. Collector shows upload correctly, 0.000 MB in DL, and nothing in CDL.
I tried to change the interfaces (note that I reboot the router each time), but LAN & WLAN should suffice. I don't get it.

Any hint/info ?
Thx!
Sponsor
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
did you enable Rflow side on services tab(not only macupd) ?

check server ip in Rflow and Macupd section.

DD-WRT WDS MESH + DASHBOARD (fr), DD-WRT network setting tool (tools.yzy-oui-fi.com), Wifi Business and IT guy After hours, My Blog, Free DD-WRT VPN Community(www.wrt-pptp-ww.com), DD-WRT pré-réglés pour réseau outdoor(hotspot.yzy-oui-fi.com), Nouveau Forum DD-WRT francophone
Force4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for your reply.

Yes I checked many times those details. Besides, I had to change the IP address on the router (Services tab) to try Rflow with several collectors. As I said: ntop under Linux, then Rflow Collector under Win32.

Each time I get the same thing: Rflow only reports the outcoming traffic for my clients. And it does it precisely, as it should!

But I don't get Incoming reports!! I'm lost.
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
just open one ip with a double click, then you will see also its incoming traffic
DD-WRT WDS MESH + DASHBOARD (fr), DD-WRT network setting tool (tools.yzy-oui-fi.com), Wifi Business and IT guy After hours, My Blog, Free DD-WRT VPN Community(www.wrt-pptp-ww.com), DD-WRT pré-réglés pour réseau outdoor(hotspot.yzy-oui-fi.com), Nouveau Forum DD-WRT francophone
Force4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't. I really don't see the incoming traffic by double-clicking one node in Rflow Collector. ...Because Rflow doesn't report the incoming traffic (I would see it in the main interface anyway).

I get the same result with ntop on a Linux computer.

When I do the same procedure with my old WRT54GL (under v23 SP2 (09/15/06) std - build 3932), I get everything, In & Out traffic.
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't understand what you mean, i have SP2 devices, and if i edit one client with rflow i have this incoming trafic... Here is the result screen copy, do you have the same kind of result?

exemple-rflow.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.11 KB
 Viewed:  28459 Time(s)

exemple-rflow.jpg

Last edited by yzy-oui-fi on Sat Feb 13, 2010 14:32; edited 2 times in total
Force4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks again for trying to help.

As I was explaining, I get only outgoing traffic:

If I click "In" in the top right-hand corner of that GUI, the "Traffic Bar" shows nothing, zero!

But don't get me wrong, there IS traffic coming in, as there has always been. I can see it when I replace my WRT320N by my old WRT54GL (older build of DD-WRT v23).
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do not have WRT320 only G modeles, maybe it's specific issue with the firmware of this device?? Sorry could not help in this case.
Force4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay thanks anyway Sad
Do I have to warn any staff member that I might have found a weird bug?

Or maybe someone could try Rflow out with another WRT320N?

Thanks for further info
aebrett
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm seeing the same problem on a WRT610Nv2 running build 13575M Big. From ntop:

NetFlow Device: 192.168.1.1
Pkts: 0 in/1,535,836 out
Bytes: 0 in/749.8 MBytes out

dd-wrt config:

RFlow: Enabled
Server IP: 192.168.1.3
Port: 2055
MACupd: Disabled
Interface: LAN & WLAN
Interval (in seconds): 10

I also tried enabling MACupd (though ntop didn't have anywhere to specify the relevant ports), but that didn't help.
Force4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm glad I'm not alone (a little late though)!

I was just passing by because I still have this *** problem, and I almost feel releaved seing that somebody else is also having that issue!

So that makes builds 13493M big and 13575M big incriminated. Maybe we should do something and tell some DD-WRT staff about that bug in case they don't know yet? So that they could try to fix it..?
aebrett
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Force4 wrote:
Maybe we should do something and tell some DD-WRT staff about that bug in case they don't know yet? So that they could try to fix it..?

I created a bug report for it, which was closed and marked as a duplicate of a bug report that's been around for 9 months or so, so it doesn't look
likely this will be fixed imminently. Oh, and since my earlier posting I have upgraded to build 13972M, but that one has the same problem.
philg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same problem... Would love it to be fixed!!

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/23/10) std (SVN revision 14311)

router: d-link 825 (B1)
rseiler
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Before I invest too much time in this, is it correct to draw this conclusion: download rflow is working only with G routers?
amires
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same problem since I upgraded my 310n to 2.6 kernel. I tried builds 14929 and 14896. It is working fine with a 2.4 kernel. Anyone know how to fix this?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: