Linksys WRT400N Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
dony71
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 23:15    Post subject: compile u-boot from WRT400N GPL Reply with quote
anybody try to compile u-boot from WRT400N GPL?
compile successfully, but after flashing u-boot.bin,
network doesn't work at all
i didn't change anything on GPL source
how could it be linksys distribute GPL with this significant bug??
Sponsor
Rudy64
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 17:24    Post subject: Re: So far going well. Reply with quote
Growlor wrote:
I got tired of constant issues I have been having with my WRT400n lately and decided to try my first dd-WRT install. So far it is going very well (no issues with either radio.)

I did run into a few quirks that I will list out here in hopes it helps someone else.
1) After installing the initial linksys-to-ddwrt-firmware, I was unable to do any upgrades. My PC is running SUSE Linux and I was using Firefox as my browser. After trying several reboots, etc I resolved this by switching to a different browser (Opera worked well.)
2) The first thing I did after changing the ID/PW and updating the firmware was to disable the radios while I configured (disabled) the external administration features and other hardening things I could think of. When I re-enabled the radios and then configured the security settings on the radios, I found the radios were still disabled after a reboot. I suspect you have to save before moving to a different tab in the config GUI? Not a big deal, but just be aware its a little bit finiky here.
3) It looks like the settings will allow you to configure WPA2 using TKIP and AES-TKIP in addition to AES only. I thought that WPA2 mandates the use of AES only? In any case, you are MUCH better off avoiding TKIP if at all possible (when I last checked a few years back, TKIP security was not COMPLETELY broken, but it had recently been weakend a couple of times and seemed to be a good idea to avoid it.)

I would have replied sooner but missed later posts in the thread.

1) What was the problem with upgrades? They wouldn't upload to the router, or was the DD-WRT page not loading? I've used Chrome with no issues. Sometimes if I hit a snag, I use an "incognito" tab in Chrome (which runs "clean" with no cookies or cache from past sessions).

2) Correct--you have to save work on each tab before moving on. Also, it is a bit tricky--"save" and "apply" seem somewhat redundant. But what "Apply" does is commit your settings to the router's nvram; saving alone will not commit the settings or change anything on the router (pretty sure changes are lost if you then close your DD-WRT tab). I am in the habit of hitting Apply each time I change a setting in a tab.

3) I can't recall where I read it (I think it was on a DD-WRT wiki page for a different router), but there were also radio issues when using only TKIP by itself. But using AES+TKIP, or AES alone, were usable options.

My 400N is still going nicely on build 21286. But it is now a "second" router, used as an access point on the other side of the house to improve coverage. My main router is now an E3000 I just picked up, used. I needed gigabit Ethernet since I move a lot of large files and backups from one NAS box to another. I also got an E2000 (too cheap to pass up) but did not like that it had only one radio (you have to choose 2.4GHz OR 5.0GHz). I put as many of my devices on 5.0GHz as I can. And I figured out that Nexus devices only work on certain 5.0 channels.
mr_yellow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone here flash the new builds on wrt400n?

I'm running a 23xxx build and I think i'm getting the wifi drop issue. It's not super frequent but it certainly requires me to restart the router when it happens.

I see the 24xxx builds are available now and am hoping someone here has some experience.
SICBOY
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:12    Post subject: Need help ! Reply with quote
Hi, guys! Have briked WRT400N, every attempt to revive the router using JTAG Recovery ended by Fail because have cyclic reboot. Now i have SPI programmer and need full flash of RAM1 Chip Winbond W94525G6EH-5.
In attachment is full RAM1 Chip Winbond W94525G6EH-5 - not working .
Sorry for my English!
jheide44
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
fwiw, I just ran through the WRT400N install wiki using the current beta 26490 files (no issues to speak of)

details here:
http://dd-wrt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=957665#957665

_.-:Curently Deployed Devices:-._
Loc_1.0: R6400 -- v3.0-r51887 std (02/28/23)
Loc_2.0: R6300v2 -- Kong PTB 35550M 03-28-2018

Others: too many others to list

R7000 (& similar HW) Tips/Tricks HERE.

Assumptions:
1. Everyone on the forum has read the relevant forum section announcements.
2. For Broadcom section we have ALL at least tried to understand the "Peacock" thread,
HERE
ciobster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:25    Post subject: rock solid Reply with quote
Shocked this router is still running great
i loaded Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r30356 std (08/04/16)
Uptime 8 days, without any issues Shocked

Cheers
Brett Glass
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 21:55    Post subject: WAN port issues with latest build Reply with quote
I have a WRT400N that was previously at r27240. Tried to upgrade it to r30605 today. Alas, when I did, the WAN port refused to handshake properly with NICs, routers, or switches. The WAN light flickered (sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly) as if it were failing to handshake and no data would pass. Reverting to the older build solved the problem.
Brett Glass
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Followup: Discovered that the upgrade (which likely included new drivers) made the WAN port super-picky about cables. Changed the cable to a brand new, short Cat5e and the port would work. But the original cable (Cat5 and a bit longer) would no longer work. Didn't downshift to 10 Mbps; just didn't work at all.
ciobster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Agree. Latest builds are having Wan port problems with this router. Mine disconnected now and then and on top of these issues i sense that the router is also crashing for some reason i do not have time to investigate, but like it also happened in the past i think the router is running out of memory. I reverted also to the most stable build of all time for my setup and i will leave it like this, build 26490 running for 13 days and counting...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 Display posts from previous:    Page 29 of 29
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: