Edimax BR-6524N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
sigp229
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:40    Post subject: BR-6524n L2TP Connectivity Issues Reply with quote
Anyone having ISP connection issues using L2TP? I am using the latest build and am based in Israel. Not the first time I encountered L2TP connectivity issues using routers here in Israel. I get an initial IP from the infrastructure provider through the modem but dialing in wont supply an IP from the ISP. If I dial in through the modem it works fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Upon further research I came across this thread http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=73680&highlight=l2tp which solves the issue by adding a firewall script as well as this thread http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17002&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 which really resolves the issue. However as mentioned it is not permanent.

KMMNG or someone else in this thread do you think you can implement this or explain how to do it so I can build it?
Sponsor
kar200
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
rylos2000 wrote:
Could you explain me how you add csys header information to the built firmware?

I'm compiling OpenWrt now, with no errors for BR-6524N/W04N-XX, but i need to insert this csys thing to flash it by tftp.

Thanks in advance.

RyLoS

Hi rylos,

I am trying to do the same with my br6324-nl and I have been able to make it swallow an image but it did not work.

I am not good with firmware compiling so hopefully yours would work. If you are able to make it work please share your config file.

I used http://www.student.tue.nl/Q/t.f.a.wilms/adm5120/
section 5.7.

BTW thanks to Kmmg for the image and can't wait until all the features work (mine hangs if I try to use it as a wireless bridge)
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
CSYS format used by edimax routers is :
"CSYS" signature
then
00 00 c0 00
00 00 05 00
(I don't know what it means but it seems it should always have this values), then
4 character model id, which is "WNRA" for 6524n (this value is used only by edimax webflash and ignored by tftp loader),
then
4 bytes - image file size excluding the header but including the checksum at the end of the file.
then goes the image - kernel and rootfs,
then the checksum of the image excluding the header, also 4 bytes.
the checksum is calculated by reading the image word by word and adding it to the sum, then not(sum)+1.
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is ddwrt for 6524n build 14815 (latest available), that should support l2tp without the firewall script. Please test.
sigp229
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
kmmng wrote:
Here is ddwrt for 6524n build 14815 (latest available), that should support l2tp without the firewall script. Please test.

Hi KMMG,

Thanks for the image, really appreciated. It is now able to conect however, only for a short time (i.e. less than a few minutes) before having to power down/up the router in order for it to work again. The entire router freezes up and can not even access the CP after surfing to a few pages or even accessing the routers cp pages. Not quite sure where the issue is but am willing to help in any way possible.
mfractal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi all.. having the same issue with bezeqint and linksys wrt400n.. is there any build i could try ?
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
sigp229 wrote:
Hi KMMG,

Thanks for the image, really appreciated. It is now able to conect however, only for a short time (i.e. less than a few minutes) before having to power down/up the router in order for it to work again. The entire router freezes up and can not even access the CP after surfing to a few pages or even accessing the routers cp pages. Not quite sure where the issue is but am willing to help in any way possible.

Maybe you have the firewall script also installed ? If so, remove it.

I have MPLS connection and don't use l2tp for now, so I wasn't able to test the image thoroughly, but write me who is your ISP and which l2tp gateway you use and I will try to test this condition.
sigp229
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
kmmng wrote:
sigp229 wrote:
Hi KMMG,

Maybe you have the firewall script also installed ? If so, remove it.

I have MPLS connection and don't use l2tp for now, so I wasn't able to test the image thoroughly, but write me who is your ISP and which l2tp gateway you use and I will try to test this condition.

Are you referring to the firewall script written in the other topic? If so, it is not installed. My ISP is Bezeq Bein Leumi gateway is hot.bezeqint.net

Thanks.
pavlan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
kmmng wrote:

kmmng

is this image going to work on the 6324nl ?
kar200
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
pavlan wrote:
kmmng wrote:

kmmng

Hi Pavlan,

I am using this image on the same router. you just need to do the following:

- power off your router
- hold the reset switch
- plug the power back on
- the wireless light should start flashing
- you can then release the switch and the router will swallow anything through tftp. you need to tftp onto 192.168.1.6 (router ip in recovery mode). make sure your computer has a static ip (like 192.168.1.1/24).

Let me know if you don't understand any of the steps or if you have any issues.

Please note that the router uses the default IP (192.168.1.1) after flashing successfully with DD-WRT
pavlan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very Happy Hi

Im aware of the procedure .. 10x kar200

Is it stable , and is the wireless working Smile ?

as i read 6324nl uses different wireless chip than 6524n...

but may be they share the same driver ??
kar200
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
pavlan wrote:
Very Happy Hi

Im aware of the procedure .. 10x kar200

Is it stable , and is the wireless working Smile ?

as i read 6324nl uses different wireless chip than 6524n...

but may be they share the same driver ??

Hi again,

The wireless works and seems stable to me. I only use it as an AP plugged in directly to my router. I don't use any other feature except AP + switch.

I tried to use it as a wireless client but failed. I don't use any of the other fancy features of DD-wrt wither so cannot comment on them.

K.
ints00
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
kar200 wrote:
pavlan wrote:
kmmng wrote:

kmmng

Hi Pavlan,

- power off your router
- hold the reset switch
- plug the power back on
- you can then release the switch and the router will swallow anything through tftp. you need to tftp onto 192.168.1.6 (router ip in recovery mode). make sure your computer has a static ip (like 192.168.1.1/24).

Please note that the router uses the default IP (192.168.1.1) after flashing successfully with DD-WRT

This doesnt work on my br-6324nl. The wireless led didnt started flashing, the router just "freezed" somehow. I tried tftp on 172.17.0.1 (router default ip), 192.168.1.6 but i failed. I really wanna get rid of the crap edimax firmware (which has no wan connect/disconnect button, and i need to reset the router to reconnect - i really need this function), can you help me ? or there is another firmware which works on this router ?
kar200
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
ints00 wrote:
kar200 wrote:
pavlan wrote:
kmmng wrote:

kmmng

Hi Pavlan,

- power off your router
- hold the reset switch
- plug the power back on

This doesnt work on my br-6324nl. The wireless led didnt started flashing, the router just "freezed" somehow. I tried tftp on 172.17.0.1 (router default ip), 192.168.1.6 but i failed. I really wanna get rid of the crap edimax firmware (which has no wan connect/disconnect button, and i need to reset the router to reconnect - i really need this function), can you help me ? or there is another firmware which works on this router ?

Hi mate,

I cannot remmeber about the flashing lite "don't have the router near me" but all I can think of is make sure that your computer has a static IP like
192.168.1.2 with a subnet of 255.255.255.0.

Give that a shot and let us know how you go.

K.
ints00
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, i flashed it but now i can't connect to dd-wrt page (192.168.1.1). Also, the router seems to be dead, the WLAN and WAN leds are off, just the POWER and LAN1 leds are green. I can't use the router now. Rolling Eyes How can i restore the old firmware, or how can i make dd-wrt work ? Confused
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: