Edimax BR-6524N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Mio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:41    Post subject: DD-WRT on LogiLink WL0028a Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm happy found this topic. I've tested kmmng's build with my LogiLink WL0028a. Its the same board like BR-6524n only other chassis.

It works fine. The speed (wireless) is always the same like original firmeware (1.57 I used) but Config interface is much much faster an there are much more options to config.

Thank you verry much to kmmng.

I miss the Wireless Mode Client-Bridge in Wireless Basic settings. Does anyone know if it's the firmware version or a general router problem?
Sponsor
jnjn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey, i have a br-6424n, it look like the same to 6524n and 6324n here.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89008

the model id is "N2RL" instead.
i'm going to try kmmng's 6524 firmware on it right now!
jnjn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes! it's up and running. here's the file i used with tftp. i'm not sure if it will work with stock web interface but i've changed the model id to "R2NL".
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
The model id is used only by web interface, but ddwrt anyway cannot be flashed correctly using it.
TFTP interface seems to ignore the model id.
partyzan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,
First of all great work on providing support for the 6524n router. I would like to experiment with the DD-WRT on my router as well, but I could not get a clear picture of what the latest version attached in this thread (15747) supports.

1 - Does it fully support LAN ?
2 - Does it support L2TP connections (unfortunately I have to use L2TP and the original firmware hangs the router on high torrent usage ~ 6-7 Mbit) ?
3 - If anyone knows how to workaround the issue stated above in the original firmware, please let me know :)

Thanks a lot Smile
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
1 - Yes, there is full LAN support.
2 - L2TP connections are supported, but sometimes they are slow or unstable. From my personal experiments, I had very different results with different L2TP servers.
3 - What issue do you mean ?

partyzan wrote:
Hi all,
First of all great work on providing support for the 6524n router. I would like to experiment with the DD-WRT on my router as well, but I could not get a clear picture of what the latest version attached in this thread (15747) supports.

1 - Does it fully support LAN ?
2 - Does it support L2TP connections (unfortunately I have to use L2TP and the original firmware hangs the router on high torrent usage ~ 6-7 Mbit) ?
3 - If anyone knows how to workaround the issue stated above in the original firmware, please let me know :)

Thanks a lot Smile
partyzan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
kmmng wrote:

3 - What issue do you mean ?

I mean the l2tp. Basically, if I enable L2TP tunneling and run utorrent, after a couple of minutes (as the traffic gets higher) the router becomes unresponsive and traffic stops. Internal pings run ok during that time. When i tun in dynamic ip mode and enable the same tunnel on the pc everything runs ok (almost full 11-12 Mbit traffic).

I will try installing DD-WRT tonight and see if it helps.

Thanks for the quick reply Smile
partyzan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another question, the version I downloaded from this thread is 15747, is there a newer one or is this the latest available for the 6524 ?

Thanks
partyzan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have successfully installed DD-WRT on my 6524n Smile WIFI and LAN work ok, UPNP as well.

But the l2tp problem was not solved Sad after using the startup script to fix the "refuse PAP" issue the router connected but the speeds are very low Sad
Dynamic ip gives me full 12Mbit and l2tp only 4-5 with ~50 cpu utilization by the l2tpd.

Any ideas besides replacing the router which is the only idea I have left ?

Thanks
kmmng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 20:47    Post subject: New build Reply with quote
I have built the last revision for 6524n - build 16454. As I only add support for 6524n and don't touch the other parts of the firmware, I don't know if there is any changes about L2TP support (the same problem with L2TP is also present in 6574n version). So please test it.
Do NOT use any startup script to fix L2TP. The options "refuse pap" and "require chap" are present now in the GUI and both should be set to "NO". But the startup script should be empty.
partyzan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks kmmng,
This image indeed does not require the script - l2tp connected without any problems.

However, the throughput issue still exists, if on dynamic ip i get 10-11 Mbit easily, on l2tp i get around 5-6, while the xl2pd process takes ~46-50% cpu.

I don't understand why it wont go higher than 50, it looks like it has some more processing power left to use....
nafroman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:08    Post subject: help with my 6524n ,PPPOE seems not to be working Reply with quote
hi there ,

I've put on my 6524n router kmmng latest file..
and the updating process was successful using the tftp command.
then i unplug the router from his power source and did everything as written ... and indeed
DD-WRT was installed ok .
but now it won't connect my ISP through PPPOE , my ISP is bezeqint using ADSL line(israel).
and another thing is that the WIFI led in the router front panel - doesn't work as well but the router is accessible from my iphone.

if anyone could help,i'll be grateful .

p.s: on the info page of the DD-WRT router main page
it recognize the router as 6574n..i assume it suppose to be like that ?

sorry for my english.
morel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I, also have trouble to connect using PPPOE

in the status I can see the router is connected to the ISP (Bezeqint) but it doesn't register any IP address.

I've tried the latest kmmng firmware and an older one too
morel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've installed DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/23/10) std (SVN revision 13972)
and the PPPOE now works.
nafroman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone can tell me how to go back to my original 6524N original frimware - removing dd-wrt ..

how can i upload the file to router ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: