WDS and Port Forwarding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Trav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:59    Post subject: WDS and Port Forwarding Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is supposed to work or not. I have 2 WRT54G's and using WDS to extend the range to 200 feet while going through steel and concrete. One of the WRT54G's is the "host" which is connected to a cable modem. The other is the "client". The set up works great on my wireless lan and the pc's using the "client" router can access the internet just as well as the pc's using the "host" router.

I have port forwarding enabled on my "host" router for several pc's. I can connect to all the pc's that are using the "host" router from the internet to my lan but none of the pc's using the "client" router are accesible. I even enabled port forwarding on the "client" router and it still doesn't work. Ohh, I have the firewall disabled on the "client" router too.

So my question is does port forwarding work with pc's connected via WDS and if so what configuration does one use to enable it?

Thank you
Sponsor
tman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is your Ip's of your routers? is your "client" router using wds or is it in client mode?
Trav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Ip's are 192.168.1.1 for the "host" and 192.168.1.244 for the "client" Both routers are set to AP mode based off of what the wiki says for setting up a WDS system but if that is wrong I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks
Devlish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have had the same setup and i set the Host WRTs DMZ to redirect to the Client WRT. I have also port forward on the host WRT to the computers in my network, this seemed to fix the problems i had. You may also set the client WRTs DMZ to one of the computers on the client WRT to try and se if this works :)

Hope this helps Smile
GdS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Similar to my problem, voip devices not working behind a (for other purposes working) wds link, audio from internet just doesn't find its route to an adapter after that link. The same voip device sitting on first router works ok.

Routers are WRT54GS v1, tried different ddwrt builds without success.

Rolling Eyes

Много красивых чудес в мире, а сколько таких красивых мест в России?! Хотелось бы еще рассказать Вам обо всём необычном и удивительном, что обитает в морях и океанах, а закончить небольшой библейской проповедью, но видимо в другой раз!

Last edited by GdS on Sat Nov 10, 2012 17:41; edited 2 times in total
Trav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

It seems to be working now. I cleared all port forwarding on the client router and then used port forwarding on the host router but not port range forwarding. I was using port range forwarding before on the host but when I changed it to just port forwarding on the host it seems to work.

Thank you for the help.
protonron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
quick question on devilish's setup...if you dmz'ed the client router's IP on the server/host router...wouldn't all computers connected to the client router be open to the internet with no firewall or protection other than NAT?...just wondering if his suggestion is ok or not
OpsCenter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:30    Post subject: Write up successes to the Wiki Reply with quote
Hello Trav

Please write up your successful setup to the wiki, with as much detail as possible.

OpsCenter
jalsoftn1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 15:44    Post subject: WDS and UPnP Reply with quote
Hello.

I got working 3 WRT54G routers working (WDS) with WEP enabled.
They work fine. Every router has it's own DHCP, I have internet and network access in all devices.

The question is:
What do i do with UPnP, i have to enable it on all the routers, or just in the main one.
For now, I have it enabled UPnP in all routers, but uTorrent looks like its getting troubles with bandwith, it mapps port for the 3 routers.
What do you recommend?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: