Repeater mode on D-Link DIR-600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
AleksMK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 14:08    Post subject: Repeater mode on D-Link DIR-600 Reply with quote
Hello all, my fist post around here, and I hope it won't be the last :)

I'm trying to boost a signal of another wifi network using D-Link DIR-600 flashed with DD-WRT - build 14311.

I've been following the wiki (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater) but at the end the router's WAN doesn't change from 0.0.0.0.

The wireless network that I'm trying to boost has a WEP encryption and it's AP is a Edimax router.

Now, the thing is that when I delete the virtual wireless adapter (which I made using the wiki), the DIR-600 gets an IP from the Edimax router, but when I connect to the network (which has the same SSID as the network that I'm trying to boost), there is no internet access. I also tried connecting to the router via a LAN cable and trying to ping the outside world but despite that it has an IP on the WAN port and a gateway pointing to the Edimax router, it seems that it is off line.

The DIR-600 has a default gw 192.168.0.15 and an IP of 192.168.0.111 set on the apcli0 interface if that is of any help.

Any help about this issue ?

Regards,
Aleks
Sponsor
AleksMK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
The problem was that the DIR-600 was too far away from the access point and the connection was damn too slow.

Now there is another problem. When I try to connect to an open wifi network of a local wifi ISP, the router doesn't want to connect to it. I've tried several access points that are in range of the same ISP but with no luck.

While I'm setting the router to connect connect to the open wifi net, I'm also connected to it via ssh and I can see that the interface "apcli0" doesn't want to set it's AP settings to point to the access point to which I'm trying to connect.

Any ideas to debug this further and maybe come up with a solution ?

Thanks in advance ~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: