My way to install software packages on WZR-HP-G300NH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Luyi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:31    Post subject: My way to install software packages on WZR-HP-G300NH Reply with quote
The Ipkg can't work on this router. Because this router is MIPS. The Ipkg Software source only have mipsel software.
So i want to install Openwrt's package in DD-WRT. But when you download packages and install it. It may be tell you symbol error.
I think DD-WRT and OpenWrt's running library are differnet cause this problem.
I copy OpenWrt's library to /jffs/lib. Then everything is work.
You can install opkg and use this to automatically download software packages from OpenWrt Software Source.

First you need compile openwrt and you can find lib or download my compile version.
copy their to /jffs/lib
Then execute this commands.
"export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/jffs/lib:/jffs/usr/lib:/jffs/usr/local/lib" (When reboot you need to execute this again.)
"wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/opkg_513-1_ar71xx.ipk"
"ipkg install opkg_513-1_ar71xx.ipk"
"vi /jffs/etc/opkg.conf"
Change like this
Code:
src/gz snapshots http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/
dest root /jffs
dest ram /tmp
lists_dir ext /tmp/var/opkg-lists

Now you can use opkg to install software.
Run opkg you need -f /jffs/etc/opkg.conf
Example:"opkg update -f /jffs/etc/opkg.conf"

I use it to install transmission runs very well.
But i can't use it install samba3.
Sponsor
ahronzombi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:59    Post subject: Re: My way to install software packages on WZR-HP-G300NH Reply with quote
Luyi wrote:
The Ipkg can't work on this router. Because this router is MIPS. The Ipkg Software source only have mipsel software.
So i want to install Openwrt's package in DD-WRT. But when you download packages and install it. It may be tell you symbol error.
I think DD-WRT and OpenWrt's running library are differnet cause this problem.
I copy OpenWrt's library to /jffs/lib. Then everything is work.
You can install opkg and use this to automatically download software packages from OpenWrt Software Source.

First you need compile openwrt and you can find lib or download my compile version.
copy their to /jffs/lib
"export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/jffs/lib:/jffs/usr/lib:/jffs/usr/local/lib" (When reboot you need to execute this again.)
"wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/opkg_513-1_ar71xx.ipk"
"ipkg install opkg_513-1_ar71xx.ipk"
"vi /jffs/etc/opkg.conf"
Change like this
Code:
src/gz snapshots http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/
dest root /jffs
dest ram /tmp
lists_dir ext /tmp/var/opkg-lists

Now you can use opkg to install software.
Run opkg you need -f /jffs/etc/opkg.conf
Example:"opkg update -f /jffs/etc/opkg.conf"

what did i do wrong i get this?

Code:
opkg update -f /jffs/etc/opkg.conf
opkg: '/jffs/lib/libgcc_s.so.1' is not an ELF executable for MIPS
opkg: '/jffs/lib/libc.so.0' is not an ELF executable for MIPS
opkg: can't resolve symbol 'lockf64' in lib 'opkg'.

edit: nevermind i didnt extract the lib file
ahronzombi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
can we get optware now some how?
ahronzombi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
first thing you may want to install is coreutils

also check out these packages, they seem to work well http://downloads.x-wrt.org/xwrt/kamikaze/snapshots/ar71xx/packages/
mailman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:30    Post subject: Re: My way to install software packages on WZR-HP-G300NH Reply with quote
i'm a newbie, i need to do some questions, be patient...

Luyi wrote:
The Ipkg can't work on this router. Because this router is MIPS. The Ipkg Software source only have mipsel software

ok, but ipkg is there... if i launch it i get the help...
sorry can't understand :-/

Luyi wrote:

...and not optware? or just didn't you try?

Luyi wrote:

copy their to /jffs/lib

.do you that similar libs are in /lib?

Luyi wrote:

...then if i reboot i lost everything i installed? or just i won't be able to install anything again if i don't do this step?

Luyi wrote:

and how can you get what you download? :oops:

can one of you do one example of how should i install a package?

thank you very much, i think i'll wait a simpler way than this, or i learn something more about how ddwrt works before doing this.
mailman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
well...
i've installed samba-server and transmission-daemon, transmission-web, etc.

i'mo working on them but i dunno how to make them work.

please help me guys.
Luyi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 13:22    Post subject: Re: My way to install software packages on WZR-HP-G300NH Reply with quote
mailman wrote:
i'm a newbie, i need to do some questions, be patient...

Luyi wrote:
The Ipkg can't work on this router. Because this router is MIPS. The Ipkg Software source only have mipsel software

ok, but ipkg is there... if i launch it i get the help...
sorry can't understand :-/

Luyi wrote:

...and not optware? or just didn't you try?

Luyi wrote:

copy their to /jffs/lib

.do you that similar libs are in /lib?

Luyi wrote:

...then if i reboot i lost everything i installed? or just i won't be able to install anything again if i don't do this step?

Luyi wrote:

and how can you get what you download? :oops:

can one of you do one example of how should i install a package?

thank you very much, i think i'll wait a simpler way than this, or i learn something more about how ddwrt works before doing this.

1.This router CPU Architecture is MIPS. Ipkg even though it can run but they software source don't have MIPS version software. They only have MIPSEL software. You can installed software from Ipkg but they can't run.
2.Not the same. OpenWrt's lib version higher than DD-WRT.
3.You have installed the software will not disappear. If you don't execute this command,you have installed the software can not run.
4.Use
Code:

opkg update -f /jffs/etc/opkg.conf
opkg install transmission-daemon -f /jffs/etc/opkg.conf

The Web Interface can't run. You need "Transmission Remote GUI" to remote login it.
You can find it at here
http://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/
mailman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
transmission now it's working! Very Happy
great!

two more questions:
1 i've mounted my ext hdd on /mnt but i didn't specify the temp folder... where is it going to put those files? in the same folder?

2, the very important one, how can i share this folder? i've installed samba [why did you talk about samba3? what's the difference?] but i can't make it work :(

thanx

i'm gonna study how to make transmission-daemon start on boot.... :-/
mailman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
i think i'm gonna abort... it's really too hacky, and i dunno why the remote gui stopped working, i'm going crazy... and the first time i'll reboot it i will need two hours to get everything working again... no thanks.

i hope in solution for newbies...
hillyu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
try openwrt, I am using it continuously for 3 days, very stable, package system works perfectly, although the trunk version is not well tested, most of the packages could work. I installed a bunch of softwares such as samba3, netatalk(not working), ushare, luci(using luci-admin-full works perfect),pptpd, openvpn(deleted after installed pptpd),miniupnpd, hostapd+ath9k(must have to enable the wireless) a bunch of kmod, such as nls, xfs,ntfs(removed after installed ntfs-3g),hfs+, usb2, usb-storage and ntfs-3g.

so far it has 10.9MB max LAN speed. and 2MB max wireless speed, I use 2 usb hdd to set up an NAS, partitions are xfs,ntfs,hfs+ can reach 10MB speed using LAN port the overall speed is not as good as stock one, but it fully satisfied my needs in terms of full featured, NAS function.

The bad thing is it is really complicate for beginer like me, and it is not well documented, I spend a whole lot of time digging internet to figure it out
mailman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
hillyu wrote:
try openwrt, I am using it continuously for 3 days, very stable... I installed a bunch of softwares...

i'm not used to linux stuffs. in this thread it's quite well explained how to install packages, but i spent a whole day to make only transmission working...

i just need to share the external hdd and use transmission.
with this thread i figure out that:
- if you reboot the system, you have to export the libs again
- no autostart
- no automount
- i can't set samba after 4 hours of googling, asking and everything you can think

if anyone find out and optimal solution, no matter if it's hard but it's enough if it works fine and it's just to do once and not everytime your router reboot.

hillyu wrote:

The bad thing is it is really complicate for beginer like me, and it is not well documented, I spend a whole lot of time digging internet to figure it out

well, anyway if you have things to share, send me links to pm please, i'll read everything i could about dd-wrt / open wrt ... and maybe i'll get what i need.
thanx Smile
Luyi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
mailman wrote:
hillyu wrote:
try openwrt, I am using it continuously for 3 days, very stable... I installed a bunch of softwares...

i'm not used to linux stuffs. in this thread it's quite well explained how to install packages, but i spent a whole day to make only transmission working...

i just need to share the external hdd and use transmission.
with this thread i figure out that:
- if you reboot the system, you have to export the libs again
- no autostart
- no automount
- i can't set samba after 4 hours of googling, asking and everything you can think

if anyone find out and optimal solution, no matter if it's hard but it's enough if it works fine and it's just to do once and not everytime your router reboot.

hillyu wrote:

well, anyway if you have things to share, send me links to pm please, i'll read everything i could about dd-wrt / open wrt ... and maybe i'll get what i need.
thanx Smile

transmission-daemon save settings at /tmp/root/.config/transmission-daemon

This folder(/tmp) will be reset after reboot.
mailman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Luyi wrote:

transmission-daemon save settings at /tmp/root/.config/transmission-daemon

This folder(/tmp) will be reset after reboot.

:cry: this is one more problem.

what's the right way to automount the external hdd and make the transmission-daemon run properly with the saved settings?
and how do i share the ext hdd with samba?

is it possibile or this thread is just about "single time use" per package?
jarttu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 18:16    Post subject: transmission-daemon Reply with quote
You can specify where transmission-daemon saves and looks for config files with the option "-g" when starting transmission:

transmission-daemon -g /mnt/hdd/some_folder

If the config files don't exist in the specified folder, they will be created with default settings. You may want to "killall transmission-daemon" and edit the settings file in your specified folder to match your preferences. Then start transmission-daemon again with the aforementioned command.
mailman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 18:36    Post subject: Re: transmission-daemon Reply with quote
jarttu wrote:
You can specify where transmission-daemon saves and looks for config files with the option "-g" when starting transmission:

transmission-daemon -g /mnt/hdd/some_folder

If the config files don't exist in the specified folder, they will be created with default settings. You may want to "killall transmission-daemon" and edit the settings file in your specified folder to match your preferences. Then start transmission-daemon again with the aforementioned command.

nice Smile
the problem about torrents are:
- how automount the hdd to /mnt on boot
- how launch export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/jffs/lib:/jffs/usr/lib:/jffs/usr/local/lib on start
- how lanch transmission-daemon on start
- how share /mnt via samba
- how share /mnt via samba on boot

can anyone help me please?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: