My way to install software packages on WZR-HP-G300NH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
dstahlke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
s4tch wrote:

Yes, it seems to work on TP-LINK 1043ND. I just have a little problem in transmission. I'm getting the following message:

Code:
"Error: Read-only file system"

The root filesystem is read-only (because it is in flash) and the /jffs filesystem is read-write. As far as I can tell, it is the intention that these packages installed in /jffs completely live there, but maybe this doesn't always work. For example, the config file for openssh refers to /etc, which is on the read-only filesystem. In general, unix assumes that /etc is writable. If this is the problem then I don't know how to fix it. Maybe the "official" optware installation somehow makes /jffs overlay over the root directory or something. It seems that something like that needs to be done, as some of the packages try and append stuff to /etc/passwd, which ends up being /jffs/etc/passwd, which I think isn't read by anything.

If you want to know where the program is trying to write to, you can run it through strace.
Sponsor
s4tch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, guys, for helping me out.

teixeirap wrote:
use 'ps' to see what user transmission is running as and 'ls -l' on the directories/folders to check permissions

User is 'root', permissions are all right, root has write permission for all folders.

dstahlke wrote:
If you want to know where the program is trying to write to, you can run it through strace.

Transmission tries to use folders on the USB flash drive. Here's some lines from config.json:

Code:
    "download-dir": "/mnt/downloads",
    "incomplete-dir": "/mnt/downloads/.incomplete",
dstahlke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
s4tch wrote:

dstahlke wrote:

Transmission tries to use folders on the USB flash drive. Here's some lines from config.json:

Code:
    "download-dir": "/mnt/downloads",
    "incomplete-dir": "/mnt/downloads/.incomplete",

Yes, but it may also be trying to write somewhere else as well, perhaps a log or status file, and strace will tell you where. If you are able to write a file into /mnt/downloads yourself then the problem is probably that it is also using some other dir. It takes a while to sift through the strace output, but if you are dedicated you will be able to see what it is trying to do.
Imrahil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, i followed your guide, but i'm still having some problems.
Via dd-wrt web interface, i have mounted my external usb hard disk in /jffs directory.
At the end of you guide, while doing
opkg update -f /jffs/etc/opkg.conf
i receive:
opkg: can't resolve symbol 'glob64' in lib 'opkg'.

What can i do?
Thanks in advance.
krypt1er
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just wrote a new guide for this router. The guide has information on how to go about installing a chroot'ed version of Optware and also the Transmission BitTorrent client.

You can find the guide at http://www.digitalinternals.com/150/20110130/wzr-hp-g300nh-modding-guide/
pkny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
krypt1er wrote:
I just wrote a new guide for this router. The guide has information on how to go about installing a chroot'ed version of Optware and also the Transmission BitTorrent client.

You can find the guide at http://www.digitalinternals.com/150/20110130/wzr-hp-g300nh-modding-guide/

Thanks for that well-written documentation, it helped me to get an Optware environment set up on my USB stick.
xmant
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
pkny wrote:
krypt1er wrote:

Thanks for that well-written documentation, it helped me to get an Optware environment set up on my USB stick.

Thank you very much, I will try it on my chinese router
robertthompson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:44    Post subject: Re: transmission-daemon Reply with quote
mailman wrote:
jarttu wrote:
You can specify where transmission-daemon saves and looks for config files with the option "-g" when starting transmission:

transmission-daemon -g /mnt/hdd/some_folder

If the config files don't exist in the specified folder, they will be created with default settings. You may want to "killall transmission-daemon" and edit the settings file in your specified folder to match your preferences. Then start transmission-daemon again with the aforementioned command.

nice Smile
the problem about torrents are:
- how automount the hdd to /mnt on boot
- how launch export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/jffs/lib:/jffs/usr/lib:/jffs/usr/local/lib on start
- how lanch transmission-daemon on start
- how share /mnt via samba
- how share /mnt via samba on boot

can anyone help me please?

can somebosy expalin to us how to solve these problems?
robertthompson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:46    Post subject: Re: transmission-daemon Reply with quote
mailman wrote:
jarttu wrote:
You can specify where transmission-daemon saves and looks for config files with the option "-g" when starting transmission:

transmission-daemon -g /mnt/hdd/some_folder

If the config files don't exist in the specified folder, they will be created with default settings. You may want to "killall transmission-daemon" and edit the settings file in your specified folder to match your preferences. Then start transmission-daemon again with the aforementioned command.

nice Smile
the problem about torrents are:
- how automount the hdd to /mnt on boot
- how launch export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/jffs/lib:/jffs/usr/lib:/jffs/usr/local/lib on start
- how lanch transmission-daemon on start
- how share /mnt via samba
- how share /mnt via samba on boot

can anyone help me please?

can somebody explain to us how to solve these problems?
danush
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can find answers for all your questions on the bellow tutorials:
http://g300nh.blogspot.com/2010/06/software-installation-on-dd-wrt-part-1.html
http://g300nh.blogspot.com/2010/06/bittorrent-client-transmission-on-dd.html
http://g300nh.blogspot.com/2010/06/samba-sharing-in-dd-wrt.html
gogobelo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Help! I can not copy the directory Lib in / jffs / lib
router tl wr1043nd dd-wrt 17201
thomaz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
and where is the 1 click method for people who dont want to waste lifetime with typing cryptic stuff into a console ?

btw.: "lib.jpg"
nice warez Smile
buypro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
i wonder if anyone installed tftp-hpa ? to make pxe booting from WZR-HP-G300NH is possible?
( a 500M booting fille should be in the root dir of tft root directory )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: