Netgear WNDR 3700 V1 (R18740) Android

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
john.cord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 22:23    Post subject: Netgear WNDR 3700 V1 (R18740) Android Reply with quote
Hi

I got a WNDR 3700 V1 with dd-wrt R18740. Since i flashed my Android Cellphone (HTL Legend) with the Cyanogenmod 7.1 i cannot connect to my wifi Network. With the stock HTC rom connection is no problem. Wierd is that with the cyanogenmod rom i can connect to other wireless networks but not to my home wifi network. I have another router in my home network who is acting as another AP for the other side of my flat. On both APs the 2,4GHz wireless settings are NG Mixed, 40MHz Channel Width, channel 6 and 7 and same ssid (dd-wrt).

Based on the fact that i can connect to any other wireless network i think that the problem is related to dd-wrt. Wierd is that with a htc rom i can connect and with the cyanogenmod rom not. The problem was also present with other dd-wrt firmware versions.

Does anyone had the same problem or got an idea what causes the problem? I tried an android app called wifi fixer and this app told me that there is an authentication error.
Sponsor
obi--wan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try settings like G-only and 20MHz channel width on your router. Or different authentication/encryption settings (N-wifis requires WPA2/AES (CCMP) only, any other combination is non approved by wifi alliance)
john.cord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried that but nothing changed. The wierd thing is that with another rom i can connect so it cant be a hardware issue of my legend.
meocene
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
got the same problem. it's something to do with the WPA2 encryption.
set your router to WPA+EAS and your phone will connect - not ideal, i know, but at least it works.

problem with the legend and cymod is that the drivers for it's all-in-one BT/wifi/gsm radio chipset are closed source, meaning the cymod developers can only make assumptions regarding how the chipset will function in various scenarios.

as for other roms working ok, what are those roms based on - modified stock kernels or something compiled from scratch? if it's a modified stock kernel then said rom will be using htc's drivers.

same's true of its graphics drivers i'm afraid, which is why, unfortunately, our legends will probably never see cymod 9... still, you never know.
htc have just released a utility to unlock the legend's bootloader, maybe they'll open source its drivers to.
it is an old phone after all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you! With WPA it works. I made a virtual interface with WPA Encryption for my Legend until i replace it with the new HTC One V.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: