Windows 7 x64 and Intel WiFi Cards: Please Read!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
got_milk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you're still having problems I recommend you contact Intel with the information (after ruling out the router, as they tend to pick on the router beforehand).

Netgear WNDR3700 - OpenWRT Kamikaze Bleeding Edge Trunk Builds
(retired) Linksys WRT310N v1 - DD-WRT v24-sp2 build 15693 std-nokaid-small NEWD2 K2.6
Sponsor
g3ck0l0c0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the follow up but I don't have time and desire to call Intel. I'll be patient and wait that they make a better driver.
The good news in this is that I completely uninstalled Intel's driver so to boot back with the Windows 7 native driver and guess what ???
It works like a charm ! Laughing
I even have a better link. My network is more stable (doesn't have any peaks at all when pushing data on the wlan) and I can now use both wlan networks (2 and 5 Ghz).
So to those who's still having the issue, try using the MS native driver for 4965AGN Wink

micwallo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have face the same problem. I am using

Wifi Nic = Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
OS = Windows 7 64bit
Routers = Linksys Wrt 310N.

The problem is not solved even I have updated the driver of 4965AGN to 13.1.1.1.

Finally, I solved it by disabling the IPv6, Link Layer Topology Discovery I/O Mapper and Link Layer Topology Discovery Responder in the properties of adapter.

Hope this help
jalvarez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a lot of issues with Vista 64 and an intel 5100 card. I ended up replacing the laptop with one that had an Atheros card...

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=57732
seth_space
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
according to d-link settings must be 20 and not 40 Mhz for Intel cards.
got_milk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
seth_space wrote:

Hmm? Not sure what you mean by that. Intel N cards are all able to do 40MHz channel bonding, as it is part of the N specification.

(retired) Linksys WRT310N v1 - DD-WRT v24-sp2 build 15693 std-nokaid-small NEWD2 K2.6
goodeye
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
nothing changed to me. i still have WiFi lag. when I download something through WiFi then every 10 seconds speed drops to zero for about 2 sec, I wouldn't mind but when gaming, it gets really annoying. using cable solves this issue.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
got_milk wrote:
seth_space wrote:

Hmm? Not sure what you mean by that. Intel N cards are all able to do 40MHz channel bonding, as it is part of the N specification.

Intel disables 40MHz on the 2.4GHz band by default and you have to enable it in the driver settings. There are a couple models (3945/4965) that supposedly do not support 40MHz at all.

got_milk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
got_milk wrote:
seth_space wrote:

Intel disables 40MHz on the 2.4GHz band by default and you have to enable it in the driver settings. There are a couple models (3945/4965) that supposedly do not support 40MHz at all.

As far as I knew all of Intel's N cards can do 40MHz, including the 3945 & 4965, but I could be easily mistaken.

WithinRafael
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
They do support 40mhz, and as stated only in the 5ghz range. That said, however, despite all the lights being green, I cannot get this card to transfer at near 300mbit. I'm capped at 144mbps, as if it were running at 20mhz channel width.

I'm waiting for DD-WRT builds for the E3000 to verify it's not Linksys firmware.
micwallo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
micwallo wrote:

OS = Windows 7 64bit

The problem is not solved even I have updated the driver of 4965AGN to 13.1.1.1.

Finally, I solved it by disabling the IPv6, Link Layer Topology Discovery I/O Mapper and Link Layer Topology Discovery Responder in the properties of adapter.

Hope this help

Finally, the problem haven't been solved. Just delay the "hang" of wireless. It always happens while used in high loading. i.e. BT or eMule.

I enable all the services above and using HOME GROUP in Windows 7. I find that the GBE switch will also hang while doing the intranet file transfer. I am thinking whether it is overheat or not.

PaulP
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
micwallo wrote:
micwallo wrote:

OS = Windows 7 64bit

Hope this help

Finally, the problem haven't been solved. Just delay the "hang" of wireless. It always happens while used in high loading. i.e. BT or eMule.

I enable all the services above and using HOME GROUP in Windows 7. I find that the GBE switch will also hang while doing the intranet file transfer. I am thinking whether it is overheat or not.

I have Asus G60J notebook with Intel 5000 Wireless card and installed OS Windows 7 64 bit. Also I have Asus RT-N16 router. I observe what often notebook get BSOD and follow reboot. I have latests drivers for WiFi cards (which is I gets in last week) and all updates for Windows 7. But problem still not resolved.
How I may resolve this conflict?
got_milk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
PaulP wrote:
I have Asus G60J notebook with Intel 5000 Wireless card and installed OS Windows 7 64 bit. Also I have Asus RT-N16 router. I observe what often notebook get BSOD and follow reboot. I have latests drivers for WiFi cards (which is I gets in last week) and all updates for Windows 7. But problem still not resolved.
How I may resolve this conflict?

PaulP, you may want to take that question to a Windows forum (try http://www.sevenforums.com) as this is out of the scope of this post or forum.

h4x0r
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cabarnacus wrote:
I was definately showing all the symptoms in the first post with my 4965AGN on Windows 7 64 bit, however, i only experienced this with the DD WRT firmware (any build). Netgear original firmware and other friends routers have never had any problems.

The new driver from intel definately cured the lag and seemed to fix the random disconnects from the router to begin with, however after leaving it overnight with a download going i was disconnected again... well not really disconnected, the laptop says connected with no internet access but accessing my router from my other laptop shows that DD WRT doesnt have the intel laptop as a client so therefore has "forgotten" that it should be assigned an IP adress.

Switching off and on wireless sorts it out for a few minutes but once im idling again its back to the yellow triangle in the corner stating connected but no internet access (or sometimes "no network access").

My broadcom and atheros cards never have this problem. Im just thinking that intel cards and drivers are s*&t and i should get another card.

My DD WRT router is a WNR834Bv1 with EKO 12548 mini build. Any suggestions?

Intel cards are shit? What have you been smoking? I used to have an Atheros/AzureWave (in device manager it showed up as atheros, but the sticker on the card itself said azurewave, and the OUI search showed the same thing) card, and it would always have issues. Replaced with an Intel card, and never had any issues since. I do not, however use 64 bit because I do not have more than 3.5 GB of RAM
PeteBest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Found the intel 6200 to be a pile of pants compared to my Atheros AR5008X. Maybe the intel card is an ES, but it doesn't look like it. The transfer rates are almost 50% lower than my Atheros. That's on W7 X64 with the latest drivers on both cards Sad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: