static DHCP issue, WRT300N, wireless visibility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jgATL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 13:23    Post subject: static DHCP issue, WRT300N, wireless visibility Reply with quote
I'm having an issue with my linksys WRT300N (v24sp2 build 13604) when I enabled static DHCP. Two macs on the wireless network cannot see any of the ethernet connected SMB shares on the network. When plugged into the network, they can see the SMB shares.

I have a windows home server setup with a static DHCP address (192.168.1.140). This can be seen (pinged or under windows network) from a Win7 wireless laptop. I can also see the server from a hard-wired mac os 10.6.2 desktop. However, I cannot see the server (either by pinging or through the finder) on either wireless mac (10.5 and 10.6).

Router configuration is
Router: 192.168.1.1
subnet: 255.255.255.0
start dhcp: 192.168.1.100
total addresses: 40
server static DHCP: 192.168.1.140
(also two reserved printer DHCP addresses, 192.168.1.141, 142)

Network config is westell DSL modem, bridged ethernet into router. Router successfully gets WAN IP and DNS. Router is connected to unmanaged 24port switch. Linksys WRT54G v6 is connected to switch as access point (192.168.1.2), forwarding DHCP requests from 192.168.1.1.

All PCs/Macs can browse websites and have correct DNS settings on network. Macs can see each other as shared device on network, but have no visibility to windows shares. If either of the Macs are connected to the router directly, they can see SMB shares with no issue. WINS on mac is set to the correct group (WORKGROUP).

I am not using DNSmasq. When I turn DNSmasq, the macs cannot get addresses reliably from the router. MAC address filtering is not turned on.

Any ideas?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: