TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Bricked ,Can not write flash memory.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
jurinno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 21:13    Post subject: Tp-Link WR1043ND V2.1 with V1 Reply with quote
Hi,Sorry for my english.
I have bricked Tp-Link WR1043ND V2.1 Bricked was with firmware for V1. My mistake.
After connecting the USB - TTL and run Putty or Termite writes incomprehensible crap - see pictures
I can not get to a command prompt. Incomprehensible crap write without stopping.
I need to know.. this can be corrected or is it completely dead? Thanks

Last edited by jurinno on Sat Apr 18, 2015 15:18; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Slafko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi.

Try setting up serial connection with a different settings (baud speed should be at 115,200) or data bits. I recall having a same problem, but does not remember exactly how I solved it.
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:39    Post subject: No need for EJTAG, use serial on Atheros Reply with quote
Hello,
I sucessfully debricked a TP-Link 1043nd v1 using a serial connection and TFTP.
Check out these links: https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=38424

http://sjoosten.nl/2013/07/unbrick-tl-wr1043nd.html

Revert to stock first then go back to dd-wrt.
kaya314
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
penko_bg wrote:
Hello i have bricked router 1043nd, with serial i receive this:
AP83 (ar9100) U-boot 0.0.11
DRAM:
sri
4 MB
and stop.

what is the problem?

I was getting a similar error while trying to unbrick my WR1043ND V2 router using a standard USB-TTL converter. However basis the recommendation given here https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=55276 I tried using an Arduino Uno, at it worked perfectly for me.

You could try the unbrick process by using an Arduino instead of a standard USB-TTL converter if you are getting this error. Might just work out for you Smile
assopiw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:29    Post subject: Re: I got my TP-LINK-1043ND unbricked Reply with quote
ckm wrote:
HEEEEEY EVERYONE!!!!!

I found out why my 1043nd was not taking the TPL command whin i had everything hooked up trying to get it to work,with no luck.I srarted checking voltage at the TX and RX.with everything hooked up and powered up
the TX 3.3v and RX 1.10v THATS THE PROBLEM RX needs to be 3.3v too.The board does not have a pull up resister with the 12v power supply only the RX 0.0 zero volts.
THE TTL adapter both TX,RX were 3.3v whin i hooked it up to the board header RX drop to 1.10v if my adapter has a pull up resister its not worth a crap.This is the adapter i was using,

image uploading

So i bought another adapter and it worked the first time i hooked everything up on board header TX and RX are now 3.3volts.I open wordpad typed TPL saved copy right click in putty works everytime.This is the adapter that works.

photo hosting sites

This is a USB to TTL UART Adapter Converter DragonOSD i know this one works and it works good.
I used hvandrie directions and modified file on page one in this forum the router is unbricked and working great,im a happy camper!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hi guys need some guidance here. I have bricked my tl-wr1043nd v1.10.
When switch on, all the router led would lit, and the rest would switch off while the power led remains.

I have the exact same USB to TTL as the first picture(red pcb) but it is not working...I followed the steps to unbrick, and when I enter the following line "screen /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART 115200 8N1" my terminal(mac os) just blank and stops there.

Is my modem still recoverable?

Is that an issue with the usb to ttl adapter ? I googled USB to TTL UART Adapter Converter DragonOSD also uses the same chip CP2102?

If my current does not work would any usb to ttl below work?
http://www.lelong.com.my/usb-to-ttl-convertor-module-pl2303-arduino-monkeyelectronic-I2244628-2007-01-Sale-I.htm
http://www.lelong.com.my/ch340-usb-ttl-cirucit-enewground-172619010-2016-03-Sale-P.htm

thank in advance.
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why do you need serial adapter, when you should try TFTP recovery?
You should prepare TFTP server on your computer, set it up and manually IP address of your comp and send striped FW image to the router.

Use search and WIKI for details.
assopiw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
tftp> connect 192.168.0.1
tftp> binary
tftp> rexmt 1
tftp> timeout 60
tftp> put TL-WR1043ND-V1-FW0.0.3-stripped.bin
tftp: sendto: Host is down

Tried but doesn't seems to work. Is there any other steps I could do to restore my router?
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should use specific IP for your PC and set it up manually.
For example for my Archer it was 192.168.0.66 .
The image should be named like router want. The TFTP server will be asked for specific name, and you can rename your image for it. It late now, 2:00 AM to search detailed description, sorry.
B@R
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read this:

"So how do you do it?
Turn off all firewall
Get a tftp server software, in Windows I use tftpd32 in Linux I use dnsmasq
Copy a factory firmware (without the uboot) into the tftp directory change the filename to wr1043nv1_tp_recovery.bin
To activate the recovery mode hold the reset button immediately when it powers on before it boots into linux, you will flashing lights.
This emergency mode listens for the IP Address 192.168.0.66 so you can set 192.168.0.66 static ip mode on your PC running the tftp software
After that if the router detects the tftp server it will attempt to grab to grab the file wr1043nv1_tp_recovery.bin from the tftp server at 192.168.0.66
Then it will begin flashing itself you just need to grab a cup of coffee while it reboots after flashing
In fact all new TP-Link firmware with bootloaders now come with recovery modes listening at different address."

Full text of comment is here:
http://aspiregemstone.blogspot.co.il/2014/12/tp-link-recovery-mode-for-wr1043nd.html

The process is completely same like I used for restoration of my new router after it was bricked except file name.
Henk50
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
duyanh100910 wrote:

U-Boot 1.1.4 (Jun 18 2013 - 15:51:52)
ap135 - Scorpion 1.0DRAM:
sri
Scorpion 1.0
ath_ddr_initial_config(211): (16bit) ddr1 init
tap = 0x00000002
Tap (low, high) = (0xaa55aa55, 0x0)
Tap values = (0x8, 0x8, 0x8, 0x8)
4 MB

what happen?i can't type 'tpl' or anything

It's very strage, but i have found the solution: I use a cheap USB-TTL 3.3V CP2102, looks like the orange one above. I always ends up with 4Mb. The solution is: Start Putty. Disconnect the Ground pin from CP2102 board. Power on the modem and after 1 second connect the Ground pin to the CP2102 board. Than you see the tekst scrolling en everything is working fine. You can enter commands. The Ground pin will hang the boot process, don't know why.
muharkata
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 19:51    Post subject: Re: Tp-Link WR1043ND V2.1 with V1 Reply with quote
jurinno wrote:
Hi,Sorry for my english.
I have bricked Tp-Link WR1043ND V2.1 Bricked was with firmware for V1. My mistake.
After connecting the USB - TTL and run Putty or Termite writes incomprehensible crap - see pictures
I can not get to a command prompt. Incomprehensible crap write without stopping.
I need to know.. this can be corrected or is it completely dead? Thanks

I got the same behavior when I bricked my Tp-Link WR1043ND V2.1.
I bricked it while not using the described methods on the instruction page, but instead put the factory image in the path to upgrade.
Using usb-ttl adapter shows the same as well as using the serial com port.
with Termite/putty/any ssh client
penko_bg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Henk50 wrote:
duyanh100910 wrote:

U-Boot 1.1.4 (Jun 18 2013 - 15:51:52)
ap135 - Scorpion 1.0DRAM:
sri
Scorpion 1.0
ath_ddr_initial_config(211): (16bit) ddr1 init
tap = 0x00000002
Tap (low, high) = (0xaa55aa55, 0x0)
Tap values = (0x8, 0x8, 0x8, 0x8)
4 MB

what happen?i can't type 'tpl' or anything

It's very strage, but i have found the solution: I use a cheap USB-TTL 3.3V CP2102, looks like the orange one above. I always ends up with 4Mb. The solution is: Start Putty. Disconnect the Ground pin from CP2102 board. Power on the modem and after 1 second connect the Ground pin to the CP2102 board. Than you see the tekst scrolling en everything is working fine. You can enter commands. The Ground pin will hang the boot process, don't know why.

hi guys now i have v2 with same problem(v1 is in the garbage)and this with the ground help me.thanks
adent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could this be a reason - at least in case of ver 1.x?

Quote:
Some revisions of v1.x require a jumper between the RX serial pin and the resistor R362 to enable serial writes. See this post for details:

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=176448#p176448

If you find that the serial console will not accept write commands, check with a multimeter that you have continuity between RX and R362.

If you don't have continuity you will need to jumper them, here is my working example:

Source: https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd
jmanng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
Just a couple of things since I ended up bricking my router by flashing firmware off of database page first - be careful with your firmware selection. I have just now loaded 36079 after recovering (serial) the device and all is good.

Here's a couple of things that might help you(all of this has been discussed on the various pages but I'll restate as I didn't find it clear):
1. if your getting goobly-gook characters spew in terminal interface and you've checked your baud rate settings, then you likely do not have the correct serial to TTL level interface. The good news is that the interface did survive rs232 voltages.
2. once you're connected and you run through the serial upgrade/flash... and reboot to find that it didn't flash, or so you thought... check that you have the stripped bin to flash. don't fool yourself in thinking that the device did not flash the chip because you flashed another bad flash... got me for 1/2 hour before I realized the obvious (hehehe).

back in business, thanks
ClayDavis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
jmanng wrote:
Hi,
Just a couple of things since I ended up bricking my router by flashing firmware off of database page first - be careful with your firmware selection. I have just now loaded 36079 after recovering (serial) the device and all is good.

Here's a couple of things that might help you(all of this has been discussed on the various pages but I'll restate as I didn't find it clear):
1. if your getting goobly-gook characters spew in terminal interface and you've checked your baud rate settings, then you likely do not have the correct serial to TTL level interface. The good news is that the interface did survive rs232 voltages.
2. once you're connected and you run through the serial upgrade/flash... and reboot to find that it didn't flash, or so you thought... check that you have the stripped bin to flash. don't fool yourself in thinking that the device did not flash the chip because you flashed another bad flash... got me for 1/2 hour before I realized the obvious (hehehe).

back in business, thanks

yes firmware on router database page is bad when loaded on v1.1 (at least Feb 2018 and the revisions after).
what version of tp-wr1043nd are you using?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: