TP-Link WDR3500 - ethernet devices can't reach each other

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
FifteenthPen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:05    Post subject: TP-Link WDR3500 - ethernet devices can't reach each other Reply with quote
I wanted to replace my old WRT-54GL with a nice shiny new-ish N router, so I did some research and got the WDR3500, not realizing it wasn't supported by the stable branch of dd-wrt yet. It is supported by some recent betas, though, so I flashed it to r24461 (the most recent beta as of posting) using factory-to-ddwrt.bin successfully, and everything seemed to work...

Except for some reason, devices connected via ethernet cannot reach each other over the LAN. Devices connected via wireless can reach devices connected via ethernet (ping, ssh, etc.) and vice-versa.

For now I unfortunately had to switch back to my old WRT-54GL because I run a server on my LAN which I need access to from my other machines, but I'd like to get the new router working if I can.

Is this an issue I might be able to fix, or is it an issue in the firmware itself? I recall reading that the WDR3500 uses different ethernet hardware than the WDR3600, so I imagine WDR3500 support might still be pretty experimental.

I'm new to DD-WRT, but I use Linux at home and I am a novice programmer, so I should be able to follow any advice given. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Fixed! I saw the same problem for different hardware in another thread, and found a way to get LAN devices to play nicely with each other: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=906049#906049
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: