i don't need help anymore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
unpossible
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:22    Post subject: i don't need help anymore Reply with quote
i'm trying to follow the guide from the wiki located here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/MI424WR but i just can't seem to get the commands right

i had gotten mixed up trying to use it in the beginning but learned i had to use the windows command line instead of the python one

but now i'm trying to make a backup of my existing image by typing python jungo-image.py -d -u -p 192.168.1.1 but it just comes up like i had used nothing but -h...

i tried asking in general questions but my thread pretty much went ignored so i though i'd check the other subforums until i saw my router (MI424WR REV C) and i saw it in this subforum so i thought i'd post...

again, sorry for my newbieness Embarassed

Last edited by unpossible on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:57; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
unpossible
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay carefully reread the guide again and i had to turn on telnet from the router :oops:

but now i'm getting "Can't determine flash size!" once i try to make a dump

edit: had to enter password1 :oops:

so i made a backup and installed redboot and i switch the ethernet from lan to wan and it turned orange but telnet wasn't working so i returned it on/off again and now i can't get it to get orange while on the wan port now and it won't function anymore in the lan ports....did i brick it?

edit2: okay assigned myself an ip so i could connect to the router and then connected to telnet and assigned the lan and wlan ports

now trying to figure out this step "Install and configure your favorite TFTP server to serve the dd-wrt image as linux.bin"

final edit: woohoo! i've successfully installed dd-wrt on my actiontec! took a couple of hours of trial and error but i at least am better acquainted with telnet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: