New Belkin Routers (04/2010)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
After you flash specific mini build and already running dd-wrt, you can upgrade to any other dd-wrt build, big too.
Sponsor
eddie97044
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, that wholeflash I posted on the second page of this thread is somehow corrupt I think.

Took the first 192kb of the file and saved it as CFE.BIN and it still froze at 39% and always at the same spot.

I really think I need a cfe for the belkin play F7D4302v1 if anybody has it pm me it.

I can edit the mac's so I just need a working cfe.

Asus - RT-N16
bilbat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
A thousand thanks to Eko - my belkin is FINALLY able to do DHCP reservations! TFTP'd -> 15139mini, i'face loaded -> 15140big - stunning!

I read nattapan's "I wait for megabuild that support s for SMB file sharing and printer sharing if it possible", and wondered if my troubles are just lack of support, but exploring the interface makes it seem unlikely...

I can't seem to 'get at' the storage on windoze-based network. JFFS seems to be at \\DD-WRT\public, but nothing I've tried makes it accessible. Did the 'Clean JFFS2' to enable, apply changes, 'Clean JFFS' to disable, apply changes, reboot router sequence - still nothing...

USB likewise; have:
'Core USB Support' enabled
'USB 1.1 Support (UHCI)' disabled
'USB 1.1 Support (OHCI)' disabled
'USB 2.0 Support' enabled
'USB Printer Support' disabled
'USB Storage Support' enabled
'ext2 / ext3 File System Support' disabled
'FAT File System Support' enabled
'Automatic Drive Mount' enabled
have tried all mount locations, now at '\opt'...

8G flash stick plugged in, (USB LED by port no longer lights as with Belking f'ware...) formatted FAT-32 - can't find it anywhere, but interface reports:

--- /dev/discs/disc0/disc
Block device, size 7.467 GiB (8017412096 bytes)
DOS/MBR partition map
Partition 1: 7.467 GiB (8017379840 bytes, 15658945 sectors from 63, bootable)
Type 0x0C (Win95 FAT32 (LBA))
Windows 95/98/ME boot loader
FAT32 file system (hints score 4 of 5)
Volume size 7.451 GiB (8000602112 bytes, 1953272 clusters of 4 KiB)

if it's just lack of support, can cool it for a while - just happy as a clam to have DHCP working right, but figured, if it all seems to be there in the i'face, likely just my noob ignorance preventing access!
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
For anyone interested I have FCC photos and updated specs at

http://infodepot.wikia.com/wiki/Belkin_F7D3302_v1.0

Testing Multiple Routers -- Bootloader Collection Project -- My Wiki
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
eddie97044 wrote:
Okay, that wholeflash I posted on the second page of this thread is somehow corrupt I think.

Took the first 192kb of the file and saved it as CFE.BIN and it still froze at 39% and always at the same spot.

Sorry but that doesn't make sense, tjtag is programming a stream of 0's and 1's and have no means for checking the contents and it would happily program the first 256KB from your windows install cd without complaining if you feed it that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
eddie97044 wrote:

Sorry but that doesn't make sense, tjtag is programming a stream of 0's and 1's and have no means for checking the contents and it would happily program the first 256KB from your windows install cd without complaining if you feed it that.

I cut most of the data off the front of the file so that data cuasing TJTAG to freeze was flashed first and it still froze at the same data bits.

I used custom switch along with window,start, and length plus noerase to flash it where it belongs on flash and froze at that spot.

Then tried flashing at beggining of the routers flash and it still freezes at the same data bits in the file.

Doesn't matter where I flash the data at on the routers flash chip. The data is what is locking up TJTAG. It's either that or the router itself is.

It may not make sense but that's what it's doing

I have tried everything that TJTAG and a hex editor can do. The cfe I got from the wholeflash will not flash back to the router.

Asus - RT-N16
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
eddie97044 wrote:

I cut most of the data off the front of the file so that data cuasing TJTAG to freeze was flashed first and it still froze at the same data bits.

Well, if you are sure that it freezes at the exact same point then I guess you have a stuck bit in your flash chip, a bit which matches with the 3302 cfe.

If you still can flash the 3302 cfe then do it and load Eko's 3302 build onto the router.

Enable SSH (in 2 places in the dd-wrt gui) and use SSH (WinSCP) to transfer the 4302 cfe into the routers /tmp directory.
Telnet into the router and write the 4302 cfe by issuing the command:

mtd unlock cfe
mtd write -f /tmp/4302cfe.bin cfe
reboot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
eddie97044 wrote:

Well, if you are sure that it freezes at the exact same point then I guess you have a stuck bit in your flash chip, a bit which matches with the 3302 cfe.

If you still can flash the 3302 cfe then do it and load Eko's 3302 build onto the router.

Enable SSH (in 2 places in the dd-wrt gui) and use SSH (WinSCP) to transfer the 4302 cfe into the routers /tmp directory.
Telnet into the router and write the 4302 cfe by issuing the command:

mtd unlock cfe
mtd write -f /tmp/4302cfe.bin cfe
reboot

Thanks for the steps on how to do that LOM, that actually worked for me.

And again thanks nattapan for the cfe as I wouldn't have been able to get 3302 dd-wrt on here to flash 4302 cfe within dd-wrt without your cfe.

Kind of a round about way to recover it but it worked.

Don't know why it wouldn't Jtag on but writing from within dd-wrt worked fine.

I am now running on original stock cfe from my original 8mb wholeflash.

Asus - RT-N16
bilbat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh - and I see the same issue as netfishpanda reported - only 2.4 radio is 'seen' by the i'face - unfortunately, I don't currently have a 5N client to test to see if it's operating anyway...

Once again, would really like to find out if the SAMBA/USB/JFFS should work in the 15140big; am perfectly willing to keep digging into the docs and experimenting 'till I get some shares visible, but hate to be chasing my tail assuming the services themselves are working if they're not.

Documentation seems, well, a bit arcane, and appears 'aimed at' mostly older revs where services were manually installed via command line - and doesn't seem to mention the client end much at all; be glad to work on some updates once I 'get it' - samples of my work here http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/275856-30-gigabyte-guide and (work in progress) http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/274598-30-memory-wanted-know
Eko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
for samba see http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=79150
bilbat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, Eko, once again, I am in your debt; looked at your pointer for SAMBA - three minutes later, had an accessible USB stick working! Seems to have made the 'leftover' flash from the router itself disappear, but no matter - haven't yet had time to poke around the command line to see what's up...

Used to have a LinkSys WRT600N w/abysmal firmware - tried a few times to get DD-WRT working, but, if I remember correctly, was an odd 'semi-supported' hardware rev, & got worried about bricking it - had I known what I was missing, would have tried much, much harder!

Things to do list:

Memorize peacock thread...
Poke at command line to familiarize self w/'guts'...
Backup CFE...
Cobble up JTAG cable...
Learn CIFS from both windoze and linux end...
Putter around in interface enough to remember what's where - lessee now - was that command line under Services or Setup - no, dammit, it's under Administration!! Confused
nordberg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:53    Post subject: jffs not accessible Reply with quote
I am using a Belkin Play (F7D4302), and once I install the BIG version on it, jffs is not accessible, it does not enable.

I want this to work in BIG so that I can have printing (without Belkin's horrible program), and be able to use openvpn too...

I enable jffs, I then follow the instructions to clean jffs through the gui... when done, the following pic shows what I get.

Any ideas?

ddwrt.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.59 KB
 Viewed:  13190 Time(s)

ddwrt.jpg

Eko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
No space left on flash - use smaller build.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:51    Post subject: Re: jffs not accessible Reply with quote
nordberg wrote:

I want this to work in BIG so that I can have printing (without Belkin's horrible program), and be able to use openvpn too...

Any ideas?

No need for internal jffs2 on routers that has a USB port.
A 1GB flash stick can be had for almost nothing nowadays and will serve the same function as internal jffs2.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:34    Post subject: Thanks... Reply with quote
might be getting the asus rt-n16 after all. However, first I will try adding printer support to the OpenVPN build. I'm assuming that would be the way to go if I want to avoid a USB hub and flash drive.

Thanks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30, 31, 32  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 32
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: