ASUS RT-N10+

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
ashok_ai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 16:41    Post subject: Unable to install "factory-to-ddwrt.trx" on Asus R Reply with quote
I am unable to install "factory-to-ddwrt.trx". I have followed steps mentioned by "donphillipe".

After step 7, I am seeing "The wireless router is not in rescue mode" message. However, WPS indicates slowly flashes, I guess router is in rescue mode but it looks like the firmware Restoration utility is not detecting the wireless router.

Any ideas on how to install .trx file.
Sponsor
elorimer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed two of these to dd-wrt successfully just from the Asus stock firmware interface.

I used the recovery method to go back to the stock firmware from dd-wrt--I couldn't load stock from the dd-wrt interface.
ashok_ai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 20:28    Post subject: RT-N10+ firmware flashing Reply with quote
It worked now. Previously I was using Asus firmware restoration tool on windows 7 X64 OS, this tool is not working on this OS. I tried on Windows Xp32 OS with another laptop and it worked without any problem. Now I flashed DD-wrt firmware.
freewheelie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 22:01    Post subject: ASUS RT-N10+ JFFS Missing Reply with quote
I was successful in flashing my ASUS RT-N10+ Rev. B1 and router is working great except that i need to read data from serial port for that i was interested in installing python on the router, but ipkg is missing as well as JFFS is disabled. i did not see any option to enable JFFS in administration section of the webui.
i tried following steps on wiki to enable JFFS manually my setting NVRAM parameters listed on the wiki but even then i am unable to do anything on the router.

can someone give be pointers on resolving this issue ?

any help is much appreciated
PV9685
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:32    Post subject: Re: RT-N10+ firmware flashing Reply with quote
ashok_ai wrote:
It worked now. Previously I was using Asus firmware restoration tool on windows 7 X64 OS, this tool is not working on this OS. I tried on Windows Xp32 OS with another laptop and it worked without any problem. Now I flashed DD-wrt firmware.

What error were you getting in Win7 64bit? I bricked a RT-N10+ Rev. B1 trying to go DDWRT tonight and yep, totally bricked. I did an ASUS WL-520gu right before, so I was feeling confident. (I am a knowledgeable tech)

First tried to load the initial .trx via the Asus recovery app and it gets to around 50% and says there was a problem with the connection. Connection is 4ft cat5 cable to port1 and nothing else going into the router. So, on this attempt nothing happened. So I figured that maybe the .trx file for this router was designed to be loaded through the web interface. Big mistake, it tried, it froze, it bricked. Every time I try the recovery util with Asus or ddwrt firmware it gets between 40-57% (depending on the file) and says the transfer failed. No firewall, IP setup is correct, etc... Oh Asus, why must they get parts from China.... I'm really starting to like Taiwan more and more...
Hanzzzz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:53    Post subject: Re: RT-N10+ firmware flashing Reply with quote
PV9685 wrote:
ashok_ai wrote:

What error were you getting in Win7 64bit? I bricked a RT-N10+ Rev. B1 trying to go DDWRT tonight and yep, totally bricked. I did an ASUS WL-520gu right before, so I was feeling confident. (I am a knowledgeable tech)

First tried to load the initial .trx via the Asus recovery app and it gets to around 50% and says there was a problem with the connection. Connection is 4ft cat5 cable to port1 and nothing else going into the router. So, on this attempt nothing happened. So I figured that maybe the .trx file for this router was designed to be loaded through the web interface. Big mistake, it tried, it froze, it bricked. Every time I try the recovery util with Asus or ddwrt firmware it gets between 40-57% (depending on the file) and says the transfer failed. No firewall, IP setup is correct, etc... Oh Asus, why must they get parts from China.... I'm really starting to like Taiwan more and more...

From general experience:
Try to get the highest links speed and or full duplex during recovery maybe it is timing out. For example rather 100/Full than 10/half. Use a direct connection (no hub or switches) and set the interface settings on you PC and let the ASUS auto detect. Also try to use de default IP_addresses on the link so the ones that is default for the original ASUS software.
Hanzzzz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:56    Post subject: Does Multiple SSIDs work? Reply with quote
Do anyone have multiple SSIDS working with the DD-WRT software?
Randomacts
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been trying to get bridging for wireless ---> Ethernet to work for this. No luck so far.
PV9685
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was able to de-brick my router. Turns out if you hold reset while it is turning on, it might not properly go into restoration mode. I decided to let it start up, dead, and then hold the reset. It finally took the stock firmware, and took the initial .trx from the web interface. That's relieving.
mazey
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
has anyone instaled 18024 on the asus n10+ yet, how is it performing?
PV9685
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 22:09    Post subject: Re: Does Multiple SSIDs work? Reply with quote
Hanzzzz wrote:
Do anyone have multiple SSIDS working with the DD-WRT software?

Yes, I tried it out earlier since I saw this question. I am using the v24presp2 16xxx version. Didn't give me any issues, the sencond SSID network was security-enabled, the first was open. Good luck. (HW: N10+ Rev. B1)
kurochkin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
mazey wrote:
has anyone instaled 18024 on the asus n10+ yet, how is it performing?

I installed it about 5 days ago. Running fine with 7 wireless clients simultaneously (most of them IP video cameras) and 1 wired connection. I don't have access to the router right now, but AFAIR the CPU load stays quite low. Overall it seems stable with no significant changes in wireless speed compared to previous firmware.

My router has a broken WAN port (and so far I failed to remap it to some LAN port), so can't say anything about WAN<>LAN or WAN<>WLAN speeds.
rhicardo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 14:17    Post subject: ASUS RT-N10+ Rev. B1 working as a repeater Reply with quote
Let me tell my experience...

Finally I got my ASUS RT-N10+ Rev. B1 working as a repeater.

That's is what I did:

I flashed the router with: UT_RT_N10Plus_B1_4130.zip that I downloaded from this site: ftp://61.14.154.62/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-N10+_B1/

I flashed direct from his ASUS web interface, and everything was fine. Now I got this device working as a repeater!

If you need the screens shots I can send them!
Regards!

Ricardo (from Rio de Janeiro, BRAZIL)
theinsomniac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hope you all can help me out with my issue!

I recently purchased the RT-N10+ and flashed it with the latest build of DD-WRT. I followed every step word for word from this wiki article: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridged but I still can't seem to get a connection to the RT-N10+ when I disconnect the ethernet cable. I try connecting to the new ip setup for the router and it just gets me the loading sign and then eventually times out.

I have tried Client mode and Repeater Bridge Mode and nothing so far. It actually seems now that when the RT-N10+ is powered up it is interfering with the other router.

Help!
PV9685
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
@theinsomniac - is the primary router set to use WDS?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: