ASUS RT-N10+

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
theinsomniac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I setup the bridge settings on router 1 (an ASUS RT-N56U) to hybrid.

[EDIT]After tweaking some settings it all seems to be working now[/EDIT]
Sponsor
glaubersp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 14:04    Post subject: Does dd-wrt on Asus RT-N10+ support Avahi/Bonjour? Reply with quote
Hi.
I just bought an Asus RT-10+ revB1 and discovered that with the stock firmware I cannot use my AirPrint enabled HP Printer & Scanner and neither use Apple AirDrop between macs.
Does dd-wrt firmware allow me to use the bonjour protocol in my network?
Asus Brazil just said that this device doesn't support this protocol and suggested me to use fixed IPs for my LAN.

Thanks in advance
Glauber
mazey
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
tried unsuccesfully to get the asus n10+ repeater (ddwrt) to wndr3800 (stock fw) to work. im using 16785, i followed all the instructions but it seems to not wanna make a wireless connection to the wndr3800 and each time i connect to the n10+ it shows my ip as 169.xxx etc. is it a flaw in 16785, or something i did wrong i followed this url to the letter.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge
Bustacones
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone successfully restored the original firmware after installing dd-wrt? I am having repeated issues and was hoping to revert back to the asus firmware.
elorimer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bustacones wrote:
Has anyone successfully restored the original firmware after installing dd-wrt? I am having repeated issues and was hoping to revert back to the asus firmware.

Yes. I did it with two. I used the firmware restoration tool. Hardest part was to remember how to put it in recovery mode.
Bustacones
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
elorimer wrote:
Bustacones wrote:

Yes. I did it with two. I used the firmware restoration tool. Hardest part was to remember how to put it in recovery mode.

When using the firmware restoration tool I am getting to 45% uploaded (sometimes less) and then getting an error message stating "Upload Fails! Please check the connection."

Any ideas? Not sure if it's relevant, but the Device Discovery utility does not detect the router.
kurochkin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bustacones wrote:

When using the firmware restoration tool I am getting to 45% uploaded (sometimes less) and then getting an error message stating "Upload Fails! Please check the connection."

Just keep trying. Especially if you are using a Windows 7 PC - from my personal experience Asus restoration tool seems to be buggy under Win 7. Or try a WinXP machine - like I did eventually.
Bustacones
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
kurochkin wrote:

Just keep trying. Especially if you are using a Windows 7 PC - from my personal experience Asus restoration tool seems to be buggy under Win 7. Or try a WinXP machine - like I did eventually.

Thanks for the tip, hooked it up to an XP machine and it worked beautifully.
pastalero
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
this router has been a nightmare for me trying to use it with an rt-n16, whenever I try to connect to the rt-n16 it kills the main ap's radio..I have a feeling this has to do with an incompatibility of the two chipsets
zhihao
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
pastalero wrote:
this router has been a nightmare for me trying to use it with an rt-n16, whenever I try to connect to the rt-n16 it kills the main ap's radio..I have a feeling this has to do with an incompatibility of the two chipsets

Latest 18777 is working perfectly as repeater... My RT10+B1 is up for 7 days till today...

PS. Have to do all the settings one shot... (save, save, then apply after it's done) After applying I cannot get back to the ddwrt page anymore.
Reepicheep
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Having issues as well with my setup. I have an N10+ as my primary router and a WRT54GL as a RB. My line is PPPoE based.

At random times during the day, the N10+ disconnects from the Internet and gets stuck reconnecting. Have to power cycle it in order to get the network up again.

I have already tried to optimize its ram usage (i.e. http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Router_Slowdown) but the improvement is not that great.

Would there be a script I can use so the router will reboot by itself when it detects that there is no connection for >5 mins?

Some more details
FW Ver: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/13/11) std - build 16785
QoS is enabled
StewieQ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just bought an ASUS RT-N10+ rev B.1 router. I bought it with the express goal of flashing with dd-wrt, this will be my first time flashing an embedded device.

I looked through the wiki, and this forum, so i thought i would be fine. I got the router into recovery mode by holding reset while powering up, set my pc to 192.168.1.10 as is in the router manual, and tried to use the firmware recovery tool to flash the factory to dd-wrt.trx file. I received the same error as many others on the forum, i get 40-60% through the flash and then an error "blah blah, check your connection to your router". I'm running windows 7pro x64, so i knew that might happen. I got a hold of a laptop with xp, and tried again. This time, i always got a connection on my Ethernet adapter when the router was in recovery mode, but when i ran the utility, it would not connect, and would always return " the router is not in recovery mode".

This is not what i was expecting based on the forum posts obviously. So i got a hold of another xp laptop from work, exact same problem.... but the other posts said that their xp laptops worked like a charm. So what am I doing wrong?

I followed the procedure as referenced earlier on the forum post by donphillipe (thank you for a very thorough post by the way) but at step 7, i have the "router not in recovery mode" issue. I tried the laptop in dhcp, and using the manufacturers recommended 192.168.1.10 ip address...

I know it's in recovery mode, as the wps light has the slow flash. It seems like i might be missing something simple.

Anyone have any thoughts? Is there a setting in my ethernet adapter that i can change that might be restricting my ability to connect to the router when it's in recovery mode?
StewieQ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I though i would provide a few more details:
dd-wrt.com showed that i needed v.16785 of the firmware.

When i downloaded the factory to dd-wrt.trx and the other main web flash.bin firmwares, i noticed they are almost identical in size. the .trx is 3592kB, the .bin is 3593kB. I might be wrong, as i've never flashed firmware on an imbedded device before, but isn't the killer file supposed to be smaller? It may be why i am always stopping at a 60% max each time (i decided to "brute force" it in frustration and tried 30+ times, with 60% being the limit no matter what).

Hopefully this does not cause more problems than it solves. Very Happy
joecop67
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
deleted

Last edited by joecop67 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 21:07; edited 1 time in total
StewieQ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Success! I knew it would be something simple.

In donphillipe's post he mentioned allowing the process through any/all firewall warnings. When i tried on my pc, i got no such warnings. I decided to manually turn off windows firewall in its entirety. In case it was stopping my connection for some strange reason. I did check first, the recovery program had full access through the firewall before I turned it off.

After turning the firewall off, i was able to follow the steps laid out with zero problems.

This was with windows 7pro x64. So hopefully this helps other users struggling with this router in Win 7. It seems windows 7's firewall is what is buggy, or at least the interaction between the recovery tool, and windows 7 firewall.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: