ASUS RT-N10+

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
tsarbomba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
How do you restore this router to the factory firmware?

I know this router is different from the RT-N16 but
I've tried http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N16#How_to_restore_to_factory_firmware method of restoring the firmware to stock, but DD-WRT's upgrade fw GUI tells me that it failed.
Sponsor
tsarbomba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I restored the router from DD-WRT to stock ASUS FW.

I put the router in rescue mode and used the Firmware Restoration software to restore from the 'renamed to .bin' default stock ASUS FW.

This is for future reference only since I didn't find any threads or whatnot regarding restoring to factory firmware on this specific router.
zhihao
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
r19342 just broke my router.
I was with 18777 for quite some times, then updated to 19342 a few days ago and it stop working today. Firmware restore to original firmware, it works but, but when flash again to ddwrt, it is dead. Tried a few version, same thing. It looks like that the settings stored cannot be cleared even after hard reset. Anyone?
thehrushi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
@zhihao,

Do a hard 30-30-30 reset TWICE. I had to do that when I created wrong virtual interfaces on my RT-n13uB1 and it wasn't showing me the web interface.

First reset clears the NVRAM, but there is some sort of internal recovery. Do a hard reset again and then flash it.
zhihao
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still not working... Only power led shows up, and switch when I plugged in.
zhihao
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I am sending for warranty. It worked for a few seconds and then brick again...
madhouse
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
My instillation using the ASUS firmware restoration tool was stopping at roughly 50%.
I Turned off the windows firewall
I unchecked all the Clients, Services and Protocols except for IPv4 and the Rawether NDIS (I believe asus installed this)
I then configured the NIC, Advanced Tab. And changed everything that said 'enabled' to 'disabled'. I assume it was simply either 'flow control' or 'interrupt moderation'

Worked instantly, although the firmware installer stopped at 99% the routers login page popped up.
Everything seems to be working fine.
I'll repost if it explodes.

It seems all these issues are just window 7 getting in the way.

mh
Loofah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:35    Post subject: Asus RT-N10+ success story Reply with quote
We purchased this router last December, to replace a failing DLink model. The reason for choosing the ASUS router was its DD-WRT compatibility.

We ran the router with its stock firmware for about 8-9 months, mostly out of nervousness about making a mistake installing DD-WRT, and bricking the router. (Living on a very small disability pension doesn't leave a lot of money for unneccessary equipment replacement.)

As it turns out, the biggest mistake I made was not installing DD-WRT as soon as we brought the router home. The stock ASUS firmware appeared ok at first, but over the months, we had endless issues with it -- constant rebuffering of audio streams, always dropping connections, etc. Every so often the router would just appear to drop off a cliff, as it were -- I'd have to try to reset it time and again to get it to where it would let me make a connection.

About two months ago, things got so bad, that I had begun to wonder if the router was defective, so we made arrangements to have it swapped-out by the vendor for a new unit. Given that the unit was going to be returned anyway, I finally decided to try out DD-WRT, figuring that if I bricked the router, it was being returned anyway as defective.

I used the ASUS flashing utility to re-flash the unit with the DD-WRT image, being careful to follow all the instructions.

To make a long story short, we didn't end up returning the unit -- for the last two months, it's performed flawlessly. We have had no more connection issues, no more rebuffering on audio streams, etc.

My only regret was that we didn't install DD-WRT earlier -- if we had, we would have saved ourselves a great deal of headaches, frustration and lost time.
D_Saint
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 18:16    Post subject: Ralink SoC based Hardware Reply with quote
Hi.

I am a noob on this...
Can somebody confirm me that the lastest firm for asus rt-n10+b1 (16785)has the wireless bridge mode and it works ok?
I have it running in "repeater mode" with the stock firm version 2.0.2.8.

Is it better and more reliable then stock?
Can i revert to stock if it does not work?
And to put in recovery mode is the same way - to install dd-wrt or stock firm (push recovery button on power up...).

Thanks for all the help.

Best regards,

D_Saint
D_Saint
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 15:01    Post subject: Asus RT n10+ plus b1 Reply with quote
Hi.

being goolgeling and reading some info.
some of my quations i already found answer... stock reversion ok with 30-reset and renaming stock ".trx" file to ".bin" file.

Still did not found anything regarding the realibility (stock vs. ddwrt) and performance... anyone to give feedbaxk / experience with this router.

Tx in advance.

D_Saint
Geremia12
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a 07-20-12-r19519 build on my Asus-RT-N10PLUS, and it's working fine. Apparently there're some new test builds now available for the Asus-RT-N10PLUS:
10-06-12-r20086-testing
10-12-12-r20119-testing
thegreedyturtle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:26    Post subject: Special file for initial flashing Reply with quote
From http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database:

What is the file labelled:

Asus RT-N10+ Firmware: Special file for initial flashing

called:
factory-to-ddwrt.trx
Geremia12
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:46    Post subject: Re: Special file for initial flashing Reply with quote
thegreedyturtle wrote:
From http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database:

What is the file labelled:

Asus RT-N10+ Firmware: Special file for initial flashing

called:
factory-to-ddwrt.trx
The *.trx file is for upgrading the firmware from the ASUS factory firmware.
Dangenet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 18:59    Post subject: RT-N10+ installation protocol Reply with quote
I installed dd-wrt largely as described (v24 preSP2 build 16785) and
had some issues with wireless detection. Namely, my iOS devices and PC
were able to detect and connect to the network just fine. On these
devices, wireless connectivity was rock solid after installing DD-WRT
(unlike with the Asus firmware). However, the Macbook Pro and the
Kindles could not even detect the network. (Wired connection was ok on
the macbook.)

I was able to solve my issues by installing an earlier version of
dd-wrt (also a Brainslayer build, v24 preSP2 build 15437, 10-12-2010).

Here is an outline of the entire procedure from start to finish.
- hard 30-30-30 reset
- login to asus firmware (2.0.2.8) via web GUI
- use upgrade firmware option in asus web gui
- load the v24 sp2 16875 initial file available here (4-2011)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/Asus/RT-N10+/B1/C1/factory-to-ddwrt.trx/3857
- hard reset
- log onto dd-wrt. U/n: root, p/w: admin. Or vice versa.
- use the upgrade firmware option in the dd-wrt web GUI to upload
the operating version of 16785, available at:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/Asus/RT-N10+/B1/C1/asus-rt-n10plus-ddwrt-webflash.bin/3858
- hard reset
- discover that iOS devices and PC are ok, MacBook Pro and kindle are
unable to detect the dd-wrt wireless network
- desperately search forums and fiddle with settings unsuccessfully
- despair
- install oldest version of dd-wrt that supports this router, v24
pre-sp2 build 15437, available here:
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2010/10-12-10-r15437/Asus-RT-N10PLUS/asus-rt-n10plus-ddwrt-webflash.bin
- all devices are connected! if there were a drunken smiley it would go here

As I am a complete noob I will post some of the pages I found
particularly helpful, for others like me.

Supported Asus devices wiki page (different info from router database)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Asus

Redhawk's recommended builds
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043

If you want to browse the ftp server just to see what's available:
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others
merk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:29    Post subject: Problem making a website publicly accessible on my PC Reply with quote
v24-sp2 (04/13/11) std - build 16785

I have that build installed on the router.

I'm trying to make a website on my PC accessible to the outside world.

If i telnet to my IP and port 80, i can connect to the site. However, if i try to pull up the site in a browser, the browser just sits there waiting for a response. (this is done on a remote server not on my pc).

I've tried setting up port forwarding and I've tried setting up my PC in the DMZ. None of it works. The only way i can get the site to come up in a browser is by connecting my PC directly to my cable modem.

again - i CAN connect using telnet 111.222.333.444 80 (obviously replacing the IP with my actual IP) but if i put http://111.222.333.444 in the browser, it just sits waiting for a response. I've also opened up fiddler while this is going on and fiddler shows the browser making a request, but never shows a response.

Anyone got any ideas why this is a problem when the router is in the picture?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: