ASUS RT-N10+

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
SimSalaBim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have some questions. Just did DDWRT flash on RT-N10 router. I did the flash via ASUS firmware recovery tool. Al works ok and ddwrt seems to be installed fine. Have just one question. On the firmware download page:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

There are 2 files. One is factory to ddwrt. Iused that file and flashed my firmware ok. What is this other .bin file used for and must I install that one also?

Thanks
Sponsor
merk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
If i remember right, you use the initial flash to do, well, the initial flash Smile

After that you then log into the routers web page (default is 192.168.0.1 i believe or maybe 192.168.1.1) and use the tool in the router to upgrade the firmware using that bin file
SimSalaBim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
merk wrote:
If i remember right, you use the initial flash to do, well, the initial flash Smile

After that you then log into the routers web page (default is 192.168.0.1 i believe or maybe 192.168.1.1) and use the tool in the router to upgrade the firmware using that bin file

Aha ok got it now. Thanks a lot.
MallocArray
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 15:33    Post subject: Re: RT-N10Plus upgrade Reply with quote
Thank you for this thread. I was successful last night. I used the firmware from the dd-wrt.com site.

I see there are potentially newer files for the Asus RT-N10+ here fhttps://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2013/02-11-2013-r20675/Asus-RT-N10PLUS/

Risks in updating? Why aren't any newer versions on the official site?
Shamwow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:56    Post subject: Re: RT-N10Plus upgrade Reply with quote
MallocArray wrote:
Thank you for this thread. I was successful last night. I used the firmware from the dd-wrt.com site.

I see there are potentially newer files for the Asus RT-N10+ here https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2013/02-11-2013-r20675/Asus-RT-N10PLUS/

Risks in updating? Why aren't any newer versions on the official site?

Yes. I would like a little more information on these files too.
any fixes?
MallocArray
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I went ahead and updated. Working fine. I thought I had a bug in QoS but it had turned out to be user error. I was entering 80, thinking it would be 80% but turns out it was 80 kbps.

Memory usage is higher with the update though, 50% compared to 62% after update.
MallocArray
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw a new build came out, 21153. I upgraded my N10+ and saw the new QoS features for TCP Packet priority and enabled the firewall log to medium for dropped an rejected. Other than that, I used all of the same settings.

In looking at the status, I appear to be averaging 45-70% CPU. I don't recall what it was like before, but does this seem high? I don't have any particularly high traffic going on right now.

Is it this build or my logging?

*Edit* Rebooted the router from the web interface and now it is averaging 10-18%
ctown10541
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
+1 on build 21153, although I only run in "Client" mode.
pakthedude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone managed to unbrick RT-N10+ B1 that has only power led on, led of LAN/WAN port doesn't light up or blink.

I've tried 30/30/30 method while holding Reset button and another attempt while holding WPS button. The power led remains "on" with no other led activity.

I tried the asus firmware restoration utility and tftp method, didn't work.

Initially, i setup this router as a 2nd router as wireless bridge with DD-WRT, set it as 192.168.1.2. After few hours of usage, wireless stopped working and after i reinsert power cable, the power led remains on.

is there JTAG or serial guides or short pin method on flash for this model?
bohemus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried build 21061 with the n10+ and PPTP didnt work at all. Downgraded to 16785 and have been having much better success. I have heard that build 18777 seems to be working well for people. Anyone try a build later than 16785 that has working VPN?
obrunos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 21:06    Post subject: Flashing Reply with quote
Hi, i bought a RT-N1+ Rev. C1 and want to flash it with dd-wrt. I managed to download the files from dd-wrt page (build 21061), but I don't know the steps to flash, someone can help? I read all the topics and saw a tutorial with all the steps, but it's pretty old. It remains the same? What are the risks? I'm a noob but I have some experience dealing with routers.

If you could help me it would be awesome.
aronvanammers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Obrunos: I successfully flashed an RT-N10+ rev C1 using the described steps.

Summary:

1. 30/30/30 reset
2. Install the DD-WRT build with the ".trx" extension as a firmware update using the Asus firmware.
3. 30/30/30 reset

I started with the latest build on the download page (21060). After working with this for a while I successfully flashed other builds from DD-WRT. When flashing from DD-WRT itself you need the build with the ".bin" extension. I haven't used the ASUS recovery tools because there was no need.

Almost everything worked as advertised right away. I must admit that I didn't even do proper 30/30/30 resets and even then it worked without problems. I did the first flash via wifi which worked fine. I would recommend using a LAN connection for stability reasons though.

My only remaining problem is, ironically, the only reason why I moved to DD-WRT: I can't get the Repeater mode to work.
obrunos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
@aronvanammers thanks for the reply. I'll try this week and post here my evolution.

Thanks again for your help. Smile
Specimen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
For repeater mode to work, you have to set the channel (the same channel as the the one you are repeating) manually in AP mode, save, and then switch o Repeater mode.
aronvanammers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Specimen: I tried that in my configuration and it made no difference. Always good to try though.

In the mean while I got the Repeater (Bridge) modes to work with a different source network/router: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=178446&highlight=

So it's definitely possible.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: